Five Forgettable NHL Jerseys

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Five Forgettable NHL Jerseys

Post by gaijin »

I did, indeed, forget about a few of these. Especially the Buffalo and Phoenix ones. I don't think anyone will ever forget the Mooterus, though.

http://thehockeywriters.com/five-forget ... rly-2000s/

I love looking back at old jerseys- good and bad. I also remember the Canucks' old red 3rd jersey from the end of the flying skate era, and the Capitals' blue/tan eagle jersey, which I thought was actually pretty cool, if a departure from tradition.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Five Forgettable NHL Jerseys

Post by dmiles2186 »

Those are all pretty atrocious, but I'd still take that red Buffalo sweater over their Buffaslug years.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

gaijin wrote:I did, indeed, forget about a few of these. Especially the Buffalo and Phoenix ones. I don't think anyone will ever forget the Mooterus, though.

http://thehockeywriters.com/five-forget ... rly-2000s/

I love looking back at old jerseys- good and bad. I also remember the Canucks' old red 3rd jersey from the end of the flying skate era, and the Capitals' blue/tan eagle jersey, which I thought was actually pretty cool, if a departure from tradition.
The Capitals had a cool 3rd jersey with the Capitol building on it but I don't know if they still use it.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

dmiles2186 wrote:Those are all pretty atrocious, but I'd still take that red Buffalo sweater over their Buffaslug years.
I don't know. As stupid as the Buffaslug logo itself was, the rest of the jersey looked ok. That red crossed-sabres jersey just says "minor league team" to me. I don't know what it is. Maybe the "shading" on the logo, maybe something about the overall design, but the whole thing makes me think "AHL team." The Buffaslug didn't have that effect.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

gaijin wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Those are all pretty atrocious, but I'd still take that red Buffalo sweater over their Buffaslug years.
I don't know. As stupid as the Buffaslug logo itself was, the rest of the jersey looked ok. That red crossed-sabres jersey just says "minor league team" to me. I don't know what it is. Maybe the "shading" on the logo, maybe something about the overall design, but the whole thing makes me think "AHL team." The Buffaslug didn't have that effect.
I agree on the crossed sabres looking AHL...or even lower league
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I actually have one of those Phoenix ones hanging in the closet - complete with tags still on it. :grin:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The Fishstick jersey not being on this list makes the entire list invalid. That thing was atrocious! One time in HS, we went on a field trip to an Islanders/Maple Leafs game... my 9th grade social studies teacher was from Minnesota and a huge hockey fan, so he took us to a bunch of games advertised as "cultural enrichment field trips" and this one guy at the game gave my friend his fishstick jersey, just handed it to him because he couldn't stand to admit he owned it. My friend, being not an Islander fan, said he didn't want it, but the guy insisted so he said "if you don't want it, just rip it in half" so he did. That's about all that jersey was good for was dishrags.

As for the other extreme, the Whalers still had the best jersey of all.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

glen a richter wrote:The Fishstick jersey not being on this list makes the entire list invalid. That thing was atrocious! One time in HS, we went on a field trip to an Islanders/Maple Leafs game... my 9th grade social studies teacher was from Minnesota and a huge hockey fan, so he took us to a bunch of games advertised as "cultural enrichment field trips" and this one guy at the game gave my friend his fishstick jersey, just handed it to him because he couldn't stand to admit he owned it. My friend, being not an Islander fan, said he didn't want it, but the guy insisted so he said "if you don't want it, just rip it in half" so he did. That's about all that jersey was good for was dishrags.

As for the other extreme, the Whalers still had the best jersey of all.
I'd wear one of those in a completely ironic way. Both for the hideousness and the fact no one here in Portland, OR would know what it was. :)

StL Dan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by StL Dan »

Those are all horrible. Surprised they didn't put up the Blues jersey from the mid 90's that was stained up with all that fire engine red.
2019-20 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2018-19 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz
2017-18 LGB Sponsor of The Schwartz