GDT #20: 11/22/14 | 2:00PM CST | @ Senators | FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

GDT #20: 11/22/14 | 2:00PM CST | @ Senators | FSMW/KMOX

Post by dmiles2186 »

BLUES (12-6-1) at SENATORS (9-5-4)

TV: FS-MW, RDS, TSN5

Season series: The Ottawa Senators haven't defeated the St. Louis Blues in regulation since the 2009-10 season, but won twice against them last season; once in overtime and the latest game, a 5-4 victory in St. Louis on Feb. 4, when Kyle Turris scored in the fifth round of the shootout. The Senators overcame a 3-1 third-period deficit.

Blues team scope: After winning 10 of 11, the Blues have dropped two straight on a four-game trip, including a 4-1 setback against the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.

St. Louis has 48 goals this season, but only 15 in eight road games (1.88 goals per game).

The "STL Line" accounted for the lone goal Thursday, scored by Vladimir Tarasenko, giving it 36 points in 10 games, but coach Ken Hitchcock is more concerned about defensive miscues rather than balanced scoring.

"To me, unless we clean up our own end, it doesn't matter how many goals we score," Hitchcock said. "So we've got to clean up our own end to start with. … We made some mistakes on our half of the red line."

Goalie Brian Elliott, selected by the Senators in the ninth round of the 2003 NHL Draft, is expected to get the start.

Senators team scope: The Senators scored three second-period goals, including what turned out to be the game-winner from Jared Cowan, to defeat the Nashville Predators 3-2 on Thursday. Ottawa got 33 saves (15 in the third) from backup goalie Robin Lehner, and the Senators overcame a rough first period.

"Somebody said [the first] was the worst period we played all year, and we’re only down one," said forward Bobby Ryan, who scored the first of Ottawa's three goals. "It was kind of a positive in the intermission. Guys responded."

The Senators are one of three teams in the NHL (only Eastern Conference team) to have one regulation loss on home ice (5-1-3).

Lehner, who won both games against the Blues last season, will start Saturday according to the Ottawa Sun.
Team Stats

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT #20: 11/22/14 | 2:00PM CST | @ Senators | FSMW/KMOX

Post by gaijin »

Well, someone has to reply.

Break the losing streak! 2 points, please. :letsgoblues:

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Blues 7
Senators 0

We should be VERY VERY ANGRY right now. This should manifest itself into god damned goals for.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I predict 3-2 Blues.

In other news, I predict LaPierre scores a goal, Ott has an assist and I'm late to the party.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Since hardly anyone has posted in here, I'll chip in my thoughts.

Decent game, if a bit unmemorable. Vlad keeps doing what Vlad does. I'm happy that Steener finally scored. Been a little while for him. It was a little nerve-wracking to watch them hold onto that lead, but it was crazy how much they dominated the last few minutes and Lehner couldn't get off the ice. It had been awhile since I saw a team do that, probably going back to the days when the Blues were terrible and they were the one who couldn't get the goalie to the bench.

2 more points. Bring on the Jets.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb