Opinions on Glass Seats (Blues Shoot Twice)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DA_BLUES
Prospect
Prospect

Opinions on Glass Seats (Blues Shoot Twice)

Post by DA_BLUES »

So I've been to many blues games growing up in St. Louis and I've sat all over the arena, but I've never had glass seats(Row A-D). I'm coming back to town for the the thanksgiving holiday and bringing my girlfriend who has never attended a hockey game and was looking to buy tickets for the Tuesday game verse Ottawa. I'm going to purchase tickets in Row C Section 109 right being the net under face value. I really like the whole unlimited free beer and food idea too. Wanted to hear any Pro's or Cons of sitting that low and anyone's first experiences of sitting so close to the ice. Thanks!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Opinions on Glass Seats (Blues Shoot Twice)

Post by dmiles2186 »

Back in the awful days of '05-'06, my friends and I would often move down that way during really poorly attended games. I think if you are going to sit on the glass, behind the net is probably the best place, in my opinion. Sitting along the sides, near faceoff circles, on the corners, etc. there are too many blind spots. Behind the net, you don't really have a blind spot, the biggest disadvantage is that the play is so far away from you on the other end. I'd say 109, smack in the middle behind the net, would be a pretty good spot if you're going to sit that close.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

A couple years ago there was a game against the Avalanche that was snowed out. I went to the makeup game and they sold multiple tickets to my seats. So, they gave us free tickets in like the 7th row or something. It was right behind the "glass" seats and in the corner where the zambonis come in and out.

The one thing I didn't like was looking through the glass at an angle when the puck was at the other end of the ice. You couldn't see through it, so I ended up watching half the game on the video board which was confusing because the camera was on the other side of the ice.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

That sounds pretty nice, but think about all the off-brand pizza rolls you can by at Aldi's for that money.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

I prefer getting front row upper bowl and buying any food and beer. Then, the club seats in the top rows of the lower bowl. I sat glass row b, attack twice, on hull jersey retirement night. (F Det) You will really experience how hard the players hit along the boards chasing for loose pucks. That's the real benefit from sitting so close. The physicality and brutality of the game is a much different experience when you are so close. You can also look at players' faces to tell who they are instead of their numbers. If you have never had glass seats, I would recommend doing it once. You will see the game differently. The trade off is you will not be able to see plays develop as well. Your depth perception will make the play difficult to judge. Also, behind the net, the goalie is in the way a lot. Try sitting a bit to the side of the net, rather than behind it if you are that close.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

I plan on attending the same game, was looking at club corner seats. Are these the same benefits of club seats(inclusive food and drink ect)?
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

APOD wrote:I plan on attending the same game, was looking at club corner seats. Are these the same benefits of club seats(inclusive food and drink ect)?
Club seats have free food/drink. I don't know if it's an identical menu to the glass seats or not though.

I've only sat there once, but Club is my favorite location. The all inclusive part is nice (but not super easy to make cost effective vs other seats and paying for concessions). The view is great though. You're high enough to see plays develop, but have a much better view than the upper bowl (which isn't a bad view to begin with).

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

When I went to STC back in the Andy Murray gorey days (yes, gorey, not glory), I made sure to get damn good seats. If I was spending that much money to fly out to St. Louis in the middle of February to watch a team that was so bad they were highly unlikely to win (they did win, thankfully), I wasn't sitting in the nosebleeds. I wasn't all the way down, but I was down decent enough in the corner. If I remember, and it was a long-ish time ago, I sat in section 113 behind a woman who kept commenting about the play of "Dan Heenotay". I don't think I'd ever want to sit lower than that. Depth perception becomes a problem at some point. My preference has always been center ice, mid-level. I did sit in the end, way the hell up top last row one time at an Islanders game we got free tickets to. Terrible seats (not that I gave a shit seeing as it was Isles/Bruins) but the fans were a riot.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Just got my tickets section 105 Row BB seats 1 &2 club corner. first time sitting in club seats I'll report back :wink:
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I don't know about seats, but do you know if Jesus existed?
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ViPeRx007 wrote:I don't know about seats, but do you know if Jesus existed?
I think Jesus fixed my friends car. He works down at one of the El Salvadorian chopshop auto repairs.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:I don't know about seats, but do you know if Jesus existed?
I think Jesus fixed my friends car. He works down at one of the El Salvadorian chopshop auto repairs.
NO WAY! There are no documented accounts of Jesus ever existing and even some nutjob said that.