The Hell happened?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Re: The Hell happened?

Post by ecbm »

cardsfan04 wrote:I have a history degree and what you're saying is mostly bullshit.
Seconded. Actually, it's completely bullshit. Note the vague reference to a "tenured professor" but the specific references to the non-academic musings of Dorothy Murdock, proud holder of a BA in Classics.

This theory has been around a while, there was a book about fairly recently that argued that the "historical" Jesus was conflated with, specifically, Julius Caesar. This sort of thing is true of most if not all ancient sources and whatever they say. Herodotus is our only source on lots of people who most are fairly certain actually existed and a major source on others who we know existed because of the plethora of sources on them and he also says that there are people whose heads are in their chests in Africa and that if one travels far enough north in Asia that one encounters an impenetrable wall of feathers. These writers didn't write what they did so readers 20 centuries or more later can have an idea of what happened. They wrote for their contemporary audience, who had different expectations and therefore produced works that can be virtually inscrutable to modern people. One always has to interpret and argue for why one interprets as one does.

Truth is, how do you know anyone exists other than having seen/interacted with them? (And even then, are you sure they exist? Are you sure you exist?) Everything else is a reconstruction based on secondhand information from whatever sources one chooses to consider/has available. Some of these reconstructions are considered more likely than others. D.M. Murdock's reconstruction does not rank well. That's why she only gets book deals from companies run by guys into subjects such as flat-earth theory, Atlantis, ancient astronauts, time travel and sasquatch.

Most importantly, don't feed the troll.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

JNENEVERExisted.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
F Keenan wrote:How does what others believe affect you? I'll admit, I don't like religion being thrown in my face, but if someone respects my boundaries, I'm sure as hell going to respect theirs and let them believe what they want to. You choose to act and believe differently and LET EVERYONE KNOW IT. Like I said, you're a bigot.
You completely delusional. Even my tenured PhD college history professor said there is not a SINGLE history book that mentions Jesus in a historical context! Or Moses, Noah, Adam&Eve, etc. etc. Scripture is NOT evidence!

I keep owning you in every post but feel free to come back for more OWNAGE!

When the (Frank) did I dispute with you whether he existed? Ownage? Ok.
Exactly. Who is he arguing with?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

cprice12 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
F Keenan wrote:How does what others believe affect you? I'll admit, I don't like religion being thrown in my face, but if someone respects my boundaries, I'm sure as hell going to respect theirs and let them believe what they want to. You choose to act and believe differently and LET EVERYONE KNOW IT. Like I said, you're a bigot.
You completely delusional. Even my tenured PhD college history professor said there is not a SINGLE history book that mentions Jesus in a historical context! Or Moses, Noah, Adam&Eve, etc. etc. Scripture is NOT evidence!

I keep owning you in every post but feel free to come back for more OWNAGE!

When the (Frank) did I dispute with you whether he existed? Ownage? Ok.
Exactly. Who is he arguing with?
The six other people that internally talk to him?

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

I am pretty fed up with this. I come onto LGB to read and discuss the St. Louis Blues NHL team (The very discussion name on this section), not to be insulted or to be talked down by someone with their personal beliefs/evidence/whatever-have-you. I have actually purposely avoided the site when I see this discussion forum, which is supposed to be for HOCKEY (There IS an OT section where this nonsense/divine rationale/intellectual whatever-have-you SHOULD be directed to). Fact is, I have yet to hear one opinion from this particular poster about the team that wasn't parroted, ofthentimes incorrectly and inaccurately. Due to the above reasons, I am citing the following from the Guidelines page of this site and asking staff to consider to take action:

5. The definition of a troll is someone who registers with the site with the sole purposes of stirring up trouble and controversey, spamming the site, ignoring the rules, insulting other posters, etc. If a user is determined to be a troll, he/she may be banned from the site without warning.

Please advise. I don't want an apology, I want this nonsense to end without me having to be forced to go elsewhere to discuss the team.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It all makes perfect sense. The only reason Curt hasn't banned jne yet is because Curt IS jne. He's obviously taking some psychology class for fun and is running a social experiment with us as his guinea pigs. Well played, Curt. You can put an end to the jne alter ego now.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

glen a richter wrote:It all makes perfect sense. The only reason Curt hasn't banned jne yet is because Curt IS jne. He's obviously taking some psychology class for fun and is running a social experiment with us as his guinea pigs. Well played, Curt. You can put an end to the jne alter ego now.
:doh:...why didn't I see this sooner?!
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

I wish we could see the return of Bernie F. posting and yelling at all of us to "BUY MY (Franking) TILE!"

:grin:

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Wait, Curt NEVER existed?

Divide by zero, my world is shattered.

PGABluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by PGABluesFan »

I made this thread just to ask what happened, as Im sure everybody was wondering. I figured it was an issue much like Curt said it was. Instead it was turned into a thread longer that any GDT this year, None of which talking about Hockey. Awesome.....

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

PGABluesFan wrote:I made this thread just to ask what happened, as Im sure everybody was wondering. I figured it was an issue much like Curt said it was. Instead it was turned into a thread longer that any GDT this year, None of which talking about Hockey. Awesome.....
From the tone of your post, I feel like you do not feel it is awesome.......

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

PGABluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by PGABluesFan »

dmiles2186 wrote:
PGABluesFan wrote:I made this thread just to ask what happened, as Im sure everybody was wondering. I figured it was an issue much like Curt said it was. Instead it was turned into a thread longer that any GDT this year, None of which talking about Hockey. Awesome.....
I frequent many forums, and see many classic cases of trolling. But it's about time this case be closed and the troll is banned.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

PGABluesFan wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
I frequent many forums, and see many classic cases of trolling. But it's about time this case be closed and the troll is banned.
I was being mostly sarcastic w/ my post. I agree with you. I'll say this though, JNE makes a fantastic WWE heel.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

dmiles2186 wrote:
PGABluesFan wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
I was being mostly sarcastic w/ my post. I agree with you. I'll say this though, JNE makes a fantastic WWE heel.
Haha nice dmiles, great post.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

STLADOGG wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
PGABluesFan wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Haha nice dmiles, great post.
OH MAH GAWD! THAT'S JNE'S MUZZICK!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I long for the day when we can ask how the jne area will be remembered.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

JNE is the type of person that makes me hesitant to identify myself as an atheist.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Remember, that OTHERS brought up Jesus in this thread not me! I simply responded!

ECBM, you are confusing the STORY of Jesus with EVIDENCE of Jesus! The story of Jesus is very real but the evidence he existed is NON existent! You must remembed that NO character in the history of this planet has promoted and used in propaganda like Jesus has! The story of Jesus has also been spread by FORCE & BRIBERY! You conveniently forget how churches worldwide have BILLIONS of dollars for centuries to spread whatever myth they wanted to as real!

Also, I'm glad some admitted it is not credible whatsoever to claim Jesus is real simply based on Christian sources. That is no different from saying Mithras is real based on Persian sources or Horus is real based on Egyptian sources. Also long before Jesus both Mithras and Horus were described in the SAME WAY as Jesus and did many of the same things as Jesus but Christians like to ignore that! You have as many first hand accounts of Mithras and Horus as Jesus!

Finally, one of the biggest FRAUDS Christians love to spread about Christianity is somehow it's "real" and others are fake. LMAO! There are THOUSANDS of kids who die every year from sickness, accident, or murder. I have asked clergy directly and they have NO answer! They just shake their head! Some Christians act like Jesus shows up in church every Sunday but the reality is they have no more answers than any other religion!

Brainwashing is a MAJOR reason why people all over the world believe in Jesus. Remember Jesus is the most PROMOTED & MARKETED story in the history of the planet yet it was the STORY that was spread not EVIDENCE of the story! I once met a clergyman who was a missionary in Asia and he remarked how the Asians were brainwashed to believe in other gods and religions. I told him just like how YOU were brainwashed to believe in Jesus! He had NO answer!

Here is more proof that if you just don't read the crazy bible you become normal again. In college I met a guy who used to be the most fanatical Christian EVER. He wanted to be a priest and convert the entire world to Christianity! Then he had a close family member die and he questioned Jesus but got NO answer! Then when she checked the historical figures who actually lived back then NONE mentioned ANY bible character or event as having actually existed! He stopped reading the Bible and became an atheist and realized if you simply don't read the bible you won't be brainwashed by the fairytale in that book! He is now the biggest atheist on earth after being a huge evangelical Christian! There are TONS of people like that all over the world who don't like to admit it!

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »