The Hell happened?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Re: The Hell happened?

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Jesus wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Miles, posting cartoons in the clouds with fire and lightning only helps prove my point! :lol:

Thanks for perpetuating the Jesus myth! :okman:
Here I am again, proving my existence on LGB forum.
I'll be away for 3 days; but I will be back, no worries.
Also can someone change the thing from "Prospect" to "Savior who Died for All of Your Sins"?....
Anyone can call themselves Jesus. Mexicans do all the time.

It's the Jesus of the bible that is a pure MYTH! No one walked on water, or turned water into wine, or magically healed the sick, raised the dead, etc. etc.

That Jesus is as fake as Harry Potter or the Green Goblin!
Technically, so are you, JNE. Since no one on this forum can confirm your actual existence, by your own logic, you don't exist.
I could say the same thing about you. The fact that I can type on a keyboard is a lot more than Jesus ever did.
Dude, your are a tool of the highest level. I'm agnostic, so I have no agenda here from a religious standpoint. However, I have to ask how do you not see that the way that you attack Christianity, you are encroaching on someones religious beliefs in a way that could be construed as hate speech? You need to take a good look at yourself. I realize that this is a public forum and you are entitled to voice your opinion, but why a hockey message board? Why is this the appropriate forum? Please don't reply with your usual "but you guys are the ones who keep bringing up religion". You knew exactly what you were doing when you made your username. It's the exact same as if you were to sign up with a username like "womenRcunts" or "GODhatesFAGS" or "iH8niggers". The basis of your presence on this board is not to discuss hockey, discuss the Blues, or anything else. You are here for only nefarious reasons. You are intolerant of anyone with views other than your own. You are by definition, a bigot.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Keenan, this is not even remotely hate speech. It is NOT a crime to tell the TRUTH! There are ZERO 1st hand accounts that a Jesus EVER existed! No eyewitness accounts or contemporary accounts. Do you believe Buddha is real because of the Dhammapada or you believe Vishnu, Shiva, and Brahma are real because of the Bhagvad Gita?

LOL..Christians dismiss those and the same way you can dismiss the bible! "The bible says so" is as much evidence as "The Avesta says so" or "The Adi Granth" says so! The bible is NOT evidentiary is any way, shape, or form!

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

How does what others believe affect you? I'll admit, I don't like religion being thrown in my face, but if someone respects my boundaries, I'm sure as hell going to respect theirs and let them believe what they want to. You choose to act and believe differently and LET EVERYONE KNOW IT. Like I said, you're a bigot.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

dmmurdockNEVERexisted

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Dammit Cprice...you see what happens when the website shuts down?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

This has to be JNE...
[youtube][/youtube]
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

peoriabluesfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by peoriabluesfan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Jesus wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Miles, posting cartoons in the clouds with fire and lightning only helps prove my point! :lol:

Also can someone change the thing from "Prospect" to "Savior who Died for All of Your Sins"?....
Anyone can call themselves Jesus. Mexicans do all the time.

It's the Jesus of the bible that is a pure MYTH! No one walked on water, or turned water into wine, or magically healed the sick, raised the dead, etc. etc.

That Jesus is as fake as Harry Potter or the Green Goblin!
Mexicans do not call themselves Jesus. They call themselves "HEY-ZEUS"(who also existed by the way).

Are you trying to tell me that the GreenGoblinNEVERexisted? Malarkey!!
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Martin Havlat
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter

peoriabluesfan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by peoriabluesfan »

Jesus wrote:

untitled.png
untitled.png (30.51 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Martin Havlat
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Chris Porter

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

thehellDIDhappen. thehellISCURRENTLYhappening....
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

F Keenan wrote:How does what others believe affect you? I'll admit, I don't like religion being thrown in my face, but if someone respects my boundaries, I'm sure as hell going to respect theirs and let them believe what they want to. You choose to act and believe differently and LET EVERYONE KNOW IT. Like I said, you're a bigot.
You're completely delusional. Even my tenured PhD college history professor said there is not a SINGLE history book that mentions Jesus in a historical context! Or Moses, Noah, Adam&Eve, etc. etc. Scripture is NOT evidence!

I keep owning you in every post but feel free to come back for more OWNAGE!
Last edited by JesusNEVERexisted on Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

This guy tried to tell me I have terrible manners once....

I am glad that everything you read is evidence in your favor, but it doesn't work the other way around. Citing D.M. Murdoch? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That REALLY doesn't help your case, man. Have you actually followed up with any of the nonsense she writes? Checked out her sources?

LOL.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
F Keenan wrote:How does what others believe affect you? I'll admit, I don't like religion being thrown in my face, but if someone respects my boundaries, I'm sure as hell going to respect theirs and let them believe what they want to. You choose to act and believe differently and LET EVERYONE KNOW IT. Like I said, you're a bigot.
You completely delusional. Even my tenured PhD college history professor said there is not a SINGLE history book that mentions Jesus in a historical context! Or Moses, Noah, Adam&Eve, etc. etc. Scripture is NOT evidence!

When the (Frank) did I dispute with you whether he existed? Ownage? Ok.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
You completely delusional. Even my tenured PhD college history professor said there is not a SINGLE history book that mentions Jesus in a historical context! Or Moses, Noah, Adam&Eve, etc. etc. Scripture is NOT evidence!

I'm sure even (fill in the blank with random name supporting viewpoint) will say you got OWN3D!!1!11!

:P

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Portland Blues wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

I'm sure even (fill in the blank with random name supporting viewpoint) will say you got OWN3D!!1!11!

:P

Meh. I'm starting to understand him. He brings these questions to his teacher which means he's in college. That means at best he's in his 20's which basically makes him a retard. We all were.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

ViPerx007 wrote:This guy tried to tell me I have terrible manners once....

I am glad that everything you read is evidence in your favor, but it doesn't work the other way around. Citing D.M. Murdoch? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

That REALLY doesn't help your case, man. Have you actually followed up with any of the nonsense she writes? Checked out her sources?

LOL.
You have NO idea how history works. This has NOTHING to do with Murdock or ANYONE living today! Back when he allegedly lived there is not a SINGLE first hand account that there was an earthly Jesus! How do you explain you have as many eywitness accounts and the same physical evidence for Jesus as you do for Zeus or Thor?

OWNED, OWNED, and OWNED again!

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
You're completely delusional. Even my tenured PhD college history professor said there is not a SINGLE history book that mentions Jesus in a historical context! Or Moses, Noah, Adam&Eve, etc. etc. Scripture is NOT evidence!

What's the name of this professor and at which school?

I have a history degree and what you're saying is mostly bullshit. No, the Bible is not generally a good "stand-alone" reference for events that occurred, because it wasn't written as a historical record. The exact details of events in the Bible aren't the purpose of why it was written. That's why it isn't the best historical reference. It's not a play-by-play recounting of history. However, it is a generally accepted resource for the existence of the people mentioned in it, at least in the New Testament. If your "professor" says otherwise, maybe heNEVERexisted.

Also, if you're going to try to argue this stupid theory, at least take the time to understand the bullshit that you are spewing. 2 really big things you are overlooking:

1. There are 1st Century accounts of Jesus. They just happen to come from Christian sources. There's a really big difference between saying, "Those accounts don't have credibility because it's only from people from within the religion," and saying, "There aren't any first hand accounts."

2. There's a sub-school of thought on the existence of Jesus that argues that he did exist, but the stories in the Bible are fictional.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I'm not going to reveal my personal relationships on some random message board. Using Christian sources to support Christianity is so logically flawed that you need help if you can't see why! You realize EVERY religion and god is true if you only use their OWN sources? Read an excellent analysis below and if you still don't realize Jesus is simply a myth that has been PROMOTED and FORCED onto BILLIONS of people for thousands of years then you are in DENIAL! Even the earliest Christians NEVER saw an earthly Jesus! You are confusing the STORY of Jesus versus the EVIDENCE for Jesus. The story of Jesus is very real but the EVIDENCE for that story is NOT!

Jesus is simply myth historicized

By Nigel Barber

As someone raised in a Christian country, I learned that there was a historical Jesus. Now historical analysis finds no clear evidence that Jesus existed. If not, Christianity was fabricated, just like Mormonism and other religions. Why do people choose to believe religious fictions?

Given the depth of religious tradition in Christian countries, where the "Christian era" calendar is based upon the presumed life of Jesus, it would be astonishing if there was no evidence of a historical Jesus. After all, in an era when there were scores of messianic prophets, why go to the trouble of making one up?

In History, Jesus Was a No Show

Various historical scholars attempted to authenticate Jesus in the historical record, particularly in the work of Jesus-era writers. Michael Paulkovich revived this project as summarized in the current issue of Free Inquiry.

Paulkovich found an astonishing absence of evidence for the existence of Jesus in history. "Historian Flavius Josephus published his Jewish Wars circa 95 CE. He had lived in Japhia, one mile from Nazareth - yet Josephus seems unaware of both Nazareth and Jesus." He is at pains to discredit interpolations in this work that "made him appear to write of Jesus when he did not." Most religious historians take a more nuanced view agreeing that Christian scholars added their own pieces much later but maintaining that the historical reference to Jesus was present in the original. Yet, a fudged text is not compelling evidence for anything.

Paulkovich consulted no fewer than 126 historians (including Josephus) who lived in the period and ought to have been aware of Jesus if he had existed and performed the miracles that supposedly drew a great deal of popular attention. Of the 126 writers who should have written about Jesus, not a single one did so (if one accepts Paulkovich's view that the Jesus references in Josephus are interpolated).

Paulkovich concludes:

When I consider those 126 writers, all of whom should have heard of Jesus but did not - and Paul and Marcion and Athenagoras and Matthew with a tetralogy of opposing Christs, the silence from Qumram and Nazareth and Bethlehem, conflicting Bible stories, and so many other mysteries and omissions - I must conclude that Christ is a mythical character.
He also considers striking similarities of Jesus to other God-sons such as Mithra, Sandan, Attis, and Horus. Christianity has its own imitator. Mormonism was heavily influenced by the Bible from which founder Joseph Smith borrowed liberally.

Mormonism fabricated in plain sight

We may not know for sure what happened two millennia ago but Mormonism was fabricated in plain sight by a convicted conman. According to Christopher Hitchens:

In March, 1826, a court in Bainbridge, New York, convicted a twenty-one-year-old man of being a "disorderly person and an impostor." That ought to have been all we ever heard of Joseph Smith, who at trial admitted to defrauding citizens by organizing mad gold-digging expeditions and also to claiming to possess dark or "necromantic" powers.
Hitchens writes: "Quite recent scholarship has exposed every single other Mormon "document" as at best a scrawny compromise and at worst a pitiful fake" ...

Smith's legacy was cleaned up via subsequent "divine revelations" that rejected first polygamy and then racism at convenient historical turning points. So the historical development from fakery to respectable religion is well documented.

There is no reason to believe that the genesis of any major religion was substantially different. This raises the question of why so many intelligent people choose to believe religious fictions.

The most plausible explanation is that they cannot easily distinguish between organized religion and confidence rackets.

Starting a fake religion

Religious people may find that hard to swallow, so it is interesting to see what happens when someone sets out to found a fake religion. Would this work, or would members see through the deception and promptly leave?

American Indian film director Vikram Gandhi studied yogis and their followers in India. He concluded that these holy men were confidence tricksters, scores of whom plied their trade throughout India in the manner of the Jesus story.

The filmmaker wondered whether he could pass himself off as a guru here in the U.S. He cultivated a fake Indian accent, grew out his hair and beard and reinvented himself as Sri Kumare, a mystic hailing from a fictitious Indian village.

In the film, Kumare (2011) the director founds his cult in Arizona where he unloads his bogus mysticism upon the unsuspecting public and soon draws a group of devoted followers who seek his counsel on their life problems and become frighteningly dependent upon his new-age advice.

The underlying psychology may be fairly simple. Common confidence tricksters work their magic by telling victims what they want to hear. The same is true of successful prophets who offer pie in the sky bye and bye as I explain in my book Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. The only reason that Jesus does not fit in this category is that he probably never existed.
Last edited by JesusNEVERexisted on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I'm not going to reveal my personal relationships on some random message board. Using Christian sources to support Christianity is so logically flawed that if you can't see it then you need help! You realize EVERY religion and god is true if you only use their OWN sources? Read an excellent analysis below and if you still don't realize Jesus is simply a myth that has been PROMOTED and FORCED onto BILLIONS of people for thousands of years then you are in DENIAL! Even the earliest Christians NEVER saw an earthly Jesus! You are confusing the STORY of Jesus versus the EVIDENCE for Jesus. The story of Jesus is very real but the EVIDENCE for that story is NOT!

Jesus is simply myth historicized

By Nigel Barber

As someone raised in a Christian country, I learned that there was a historical Jesus. Now historical analysis finds no clear evidence that Jesus existed. If not, Christianity was fabricated, just like Mormonism and other religions. Why do people choose to believe religious fictions?

Given the depth of religious tradition in Christian countries, where the "Christian era" calendar is based upon the presumed life of Jesus, it would be astonishing if there was no evidence of a historical Jesus. After all, in an era when there were scores of messianic prophets, why go to the trouble of making one up?

In History, Jesus Was a No Show

Various historical scholars attempted to authenticate Jesus in the historical record, particularly in the work of Jesus-era writers. Michael Paulkovich revived this project as summarized in the current issue of Free Inquiry.

Paulkovich found an astonishing absence of evidence for the existence of Jesus in history. "Historian Flavius Josephus published his Jewish Wars circa 95 CE. He had lived in Japhia, one mile from Nazareth - yet Josephus seems unaware of both Nazareth and Jesus." He is at pains to discredit interpolations in this work that "made him appear to write of Jesus when he did not." Most religious historians take a more nuanced view agreeing that Christian scholars added their own pieces much later but maintaining that the historical reference to Jesus was present in the original. Yet, a fudged text is not compelling evidence for anything.

Paulkovich consulted no fewer than 126 historians (including Josephus) who lived in the period and ought to have been aware of Jesus if he had existed and performed the miracles that supposedly drew a great deal of popular attention. Of the 126 writers who should have written about Jesus, not a single one did so (if one accepts Paulkovich's view that the Jesus references in Josephus are interpolated).

Paulkovich concludes:

When I consider those 126 writers, all of whom should have heard of Jesus but did not - and Paul and Marcion and Athenagoras and Matthew with a tetralogy of opposing Christs, the silence from Qumram and Nazareth and Bethlehem, conflicting Bible stories, and so many other mysteries and omissions - I must conclude that Christ is a mythical character.
He also considers striking similarities of Jesus to other God-sons such as Mithra, Sandan, Attis, and Horus. Christianity has its own imitator. Mormonism was heavily influenced by the Bible from which founder Joseph Smith borrowed liberally.

Mormonism fabricated in plain sight

We may not know for sure what happened two millennia ago but Mormonism was fabricated in plain sight by a convicted conman. According to Christopher Hitchens:

In March, 1826, a court in Bainbridge, New York, convicted a twenty-one-year-old man of being a "disorderly person and an impostor." That ought to have been all we ever heard of Joseph Smith, who at trial admitted to defrauding citizens by organizing mad gold-digging expeditions and also to claiming to possess dark or "necromantic" powers.
Hitchens writes: "Quite recent scholarship has exposed every single other Mormon "document" as at best a scrawny compromise and at worst a pitiful fake" ...

Smith's legacy was cleaned up via subsequent "divine revelations" that rejected first polygamy and then racism at convenient historical turning points. So the historical development from fakery to respectable religion is well documented.

There is no reason to believe that the genesis of any major religion was substantially different. This raises the question of why so many intelligent people choose to believe religious fictions.

The most plausible explanation is that they cannot easily distinguish between organized religion and confidence rackets.

Starting a fake religion

Religious people may find that hard to swallow, so it is interesting to see what happens when someone sets out to found a fake religion. Would this work, or would members see through the deception and promptly leave?

American Indian film director Vikram Gandhi studied yogis and their followers in India. He concluded that these holy men were confidence tricksters, scores of whom plied their trade throughout India in the manner of the Jesus story.

The filmmaker wondered whether he could pass himself off as a guru here in the U.S. He cultivated a fake Indian accent, grew out his hair and beard and reinvented himself as Sri Kumare, a mystic hailing from a fictitious Indian village.

In the film, Kumare (2011) the director founds his cult in Arizona where he unloads his bogus mysticism upon the unsuspecting public and soon draws a group of devoted followers who seek his counsel on their life problems and become frighteningly dependent upon his new-age advice.

The underlying psychology may be fairly simple. Common confidence tricksters work their magic by telling victims what they want to hear. The same is true of successful prophets who offer pie in the sky bye and bye as I explain in my book Why Atheism Will Replace Religion. The only reason that Jesus does not fit in this category is that he probably never existed.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I'm not going to reveal my personal relationships on some random message board. Using Christian sources to support Christianity is so logically flawed that you need help if you can't see why! You realize EVERY religion and god is true if you only use their OWN sources? Read an excellent analysis below and if you still don't realize Jesus is simply a myth that has been PROMOTED and FORCED onto BILLIONS of people for thousands of years then you are in DENIAL! Even the earliest Christians NEVER saw an earthly Jesus! You are confusing the STORY of Jesus versus the EVIDENCE for Jesus. The story of Jesus is very real but the EVIDENCE for that story is NOT!
Saying it's logically flawed isn't completely true. Questioning the credibility of it is reasonable. My point was that if you're going to troll us with this garbage, at least know what you're pretending to argue. There's a big difference between questioning the credibility of the sources and saying the sources don't exist.

Also, that article doesn't move the needle. The article only vaguely mentions Paulkovich's thesis (which appears to be that he found 126 people that didn't mention Jesus, so he must have have existed). That's a very flimsy argument, at best, so I googled Paulkovich. Even the Atheist community calls him a clown.
“Paulkovich’s article was the worst pseudo historical nonsense I’ve read on this subject all year. Which, considering his competition on that front, is quite an achievement. I’m another atheist who long ago realized that when it comes to historiography, most atheists are stunted at about a high school level of understanding. Which is why so many of us find junk reasoning like Paulovich’s crap persuasive when anyone with an undergraduate level of understanding can see it’s garbage…. The real problem is that the Jesus Myth thesis requires a series of baseless suppositions to prop it up and gets slashed to pieces by Occam’s Razor. That’s why it only appeals to fringe contrarians and/or ideologues with an agenda.”
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1523534/jesus- ... kdT6cd4.99
I hadn't explicitly considered Occam's Razor as an argument against this nonsense (mostly because it's so nonsensical that it doesn't require that level of thought), but he makes a good point. This whole theory doesn't pass the common sense test.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Ownage? Please. Grow up. I hope one day you find that true happiness doesn't come from being a jerk on an internet message board.

Seriously, why does it affect you if some believes Jesus existed? You can't just let them have their beliefs?

Why can't you let people like what they want to like (the MLB thread, anyone? *cough*)? You have to come in and just take shots for no reason?

Why is everything a big source of contention for you? Do you have to be confrontational and disrespectful about everything?

All of this makes me question your "path". You live to constantly fight people. This has nothing to do with religion, this is just human decency. You're a troll. You just pick, pick, pick, pick all the time. You join a "hockey forum" with your name because you want attention. It's that simple. Well, you're getting it. Congratulations, you must feel so good about yourself now. Honestly, I hope you do, because otherwise it's not just sad, it's really sad.