Finally! Alaska Aces Are Back!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DanAKAL
Rookie
Rookie

Finally! Alaska Aces Are Back!

Post by DanAKAL »

Finally after a couple of years away the Alaska Aces are back in the Blues organization. Believe me, there is no place I would rather the Aces be. This year the Aces are sharing an affiliation with the Blues and Wild. While I'm not much on the shared affiliation I'll take what I can get. For now I'm just really glad the defending Kelly Cup Champion Alaska Aces are back in the Blues organization.

Dan

http://www.echl.com/aces-to-serve-as-af ... is-p193566
"I'm liking the fight in this little dog" Chris Kerber

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Finally! Alaska Aces Are Back!

Post by STLADOGG »

Cool stuff man, good to see them again.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Welcome back. I'm bummed that I never went down to see the Evansville team when the Blues were affiliated with them. But the Aces as an ECHL affiliate just feels sort of natural. Glad they're back in the fold.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DanAKAL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DanAKAL »

Amid all of the other great things with being back in the Blues organization I am really hoping that the Aces current coach, Rob Murray, can remain somewhere with the Blues. At this level the Aces have had three steller coaches in Davis Payne (Blues / Kings), Brent Thompson (Islanders), and now Rob Murray. Between Payne and Thompson was a former Aces player under Davis Payne, Keith McCambridge. Under his tenure as head coach of the Aces they loast game 7 of the Kelly Cup Finals to South Carolina. At last count he was the head coach of AHL Manitoba but I'm really not sure where he is now. All the other three coaches have a Kelly Cup Championship. Anyway, I hope that Minnesota doesn't get Rob Murray. Somehow he has to stay in the Blues system.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/ ... story.html

Dan

DanAKAL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DanAKAL »

dmiles2186 wrote:Welcome back. I'm bummed that I never went down to see the Evansville team when the Blues were affiliated with them. But the Aces as an ECHL affiliate just feels sort of natural. Glad they're back in the fold.
Since we seem to have hockey through early and mid June up here (Kelly Cup Finals). That would be a very good time of year to come to ALaska and watch the Aces. Wouldn't want you to make the same mistake as you did with Evansville. I made the trip to St. Louis this year one week after the Blues were eliminated. The timing of that trip didn't work out quite the way I had it planned.

Dan