Blues Sign Fraser to One-Year Deal

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Blues Sign Fraser to One-Year Deal

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I don't know if this is supposed to get it's own thread, but who cares either way.

SOURCE
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has signed forward Colin Fraser to a one-year, two-way contract.

Fraser, 29, split last season between the Los Angeles Kings and the American Hockey League’s (AHL) Manchester Monarchs. The 6-foot-1, 190-pound forward posted two assists and 30 penalty minutes in 33 regular season games with the Kings while recording six points (three goals, three assists) and four penalty minutes in 10 regular season games with the Monarchs.

Overall, the Sicamous, BC native has accumulated 58 points (20 goals, 38 assists) and 290 penalty minutes in 358 career NHL regular season games, including stints with Los Angeles, Edmonton and Chicago.

In addition, Fraser has tallied four points (one goal, three assists) and 16 penalty minutes in 39 career postseason games. He is a three-time Stanley Cup champion, winning with Chicago in 2010 and Los Angeles in 2012 and 2014.

Fraser was originally drafted by Philadelphia in the third round (69th overall) of the 2003 NHL Draft. In February 2004, his rights were obtained by Chicago; where he went on to spend his first four NHL seasons (2006-2010) before being acquired by Edmonton in the summer of 2010.

After one season with the Oilers (2010-11), Fraser was dealt to Los Angeles in June 2011, where he spent the last three seasons.
If you can't beat them, sign them.

So much for that regression talk........or bye Schwartz.

JK. People are kind of freaking out about this on the ol' social media though. I'd say it's just a depth move.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues Sign Fraser to One-Year Deal

Post by dmiles2186 »

People always freak out on social media at the tiniest signings. It's a 2 way deal, clearly a depth move. I think if the Blues were worried about losing Jaden Schwartz (an RFA, you social media freakout choads), they'd call a number of guys before Colin Fraser's name comes up.

As for the signing, I'm cool with it. Dude has played in some big playoff games, he's a solid bottom 6 forward. It's one of those low risk moves, if it doesn't work out, who cares? But clearly Army like his depth, so it's definitely nice to see they're stocking the bottom half of the roster with some decent player.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

The key part of this signing is "two-way contract"
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

The comments on Blues Facebook postings are some of the dumbest, most misinformed comments I have ever seen...ever....ever...ever.

It's like when I talk Blues hockey with folks who are casual fans...and they start ranting about something. They usually don't know what they F they are talking about.
That's why I liked doing the podcast we did...it was good hockey talk.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

cprice12 wrote:The comments on Facebook postings are some of the dumbest, most misinformed comments I have ever seen...ever....ever...ever.
ftfty

Anyway, yeah you'd have to be an idiot to see this move as being about Schwartz. This is a fill-out-the-roster move to make sure there's enough live bodies in Chicago throughout the year. Best case, he contributes in a few games on the 4th line.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Facebook does make me seriously concerned for humanity. I don't know. Maybe people have always been dumb and we just didn't know as much about it until social media came along, but dang...

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Facebook does make me seriously concerned for humanity. I don't know. Maybe people have always been dumb and we just didn't know as much about it until social media came along, but dang...
I think the law of averages work and there are about the same amount of smart people as the opposite. The problem is that people who value their thoughts and thoughts of others won't post stupid comments on Facebook. It's the other half that's skewing the perception.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

ComradeT wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:Facebook does make me seriously concerned for humanity. I don't know. Maybe people have always been dumb and we just didn't know as much about it until social media came along, but dang...
I think the law of averages work and there are about the same amount of smart people as the opposite. The problem is that people who value their thoughts and thoughts of others won't post stupid comments on Facebook. It's the other half that's skewing the perception.
I'm pretty sure you're right. It's just like reviews of products or services online. It all has to be taken with a grain of salt. The negative people tend to be the loudest.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Replaced Adam Cracknell.

That's about it.

But hey, he has a ring so that's something to bring.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk