New St. Louis Hockey History Book

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

GCPuckchasers
Prospect
Prospect

New St. Louis Hockey History Book

Post by GCPuckchasers »

Hey everyone,

I want to let you know there is a new book of the history of hockey in St. Louis coming out this fall titled, Gateway City Puckchasers. It's the first ever detailed book on the subject. More info on the book, including sample pages, can be found at http://www.stlhockeybook.com. Pre-orders for the book are also currently being accepted. The book will have a lot of info on not only the Blues, but earlier teams such as the Braves and Flyers, more recent minor league teams such as the River Otters and Chill, and even a handful of pages on the Vipers roller hockey team.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: New St. Louis Hockey History Book

Post by glen a richter »

Does it have any pictures of Erik Johnson with his shirt off?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I came here to post a joke about cheap jerseys, but honestly, I just think it's really awesome the Vipers get a mention. Used to catch a few of their games back on the Deuce.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:I came here to post a joke about cheap jerseys, but honestly, I just think it's really awesome the Vipers get a mention. Used to catch a few of their games back on the Deuce.
I loved RHI. We had Jawz season tickets for their inaugural/only season, section 203 right on center sport-court. After the games they would let the fans out to skate with the players and get autographs which is how I met and got the autograph of Blues legend Glen Metropolit. He was always my favorite Jaw.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Very cool! Great book to have!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Very cool! Great book to have!
What better way to bone up on your Blues history so you can pretend you've been a fan forever.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

glen a richter wrote:
What better way to bone up on your Blues history so you can pretend you've been a fan forever.
It will look great in his closet next to his Kane jersey.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Now JNE will have another source to support his lack of research, such as: even Bernie Federko thought the Vipers were viable or I read somewhere that the Chill didn't support Michael Brown and that's why they folded. Don't get upset with him, he read it SOMEWHERE.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

wik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wik »

Looks like a great read. When will you be shipping? Been a Blues fan since I was a little kid in the 70s. And even went to a few Vipers games back in the day.

Thanks for doing this.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

glen a richter wrote:
I've been following the Blues since the big names in town were Bernie Federko and Wayne Babych so that's better than a lot of fans around today.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

The only history book I need is the Bible. What do you think about that JNE?!?!?! :twisted:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

ViPeRx007 wrote:The only history book I need is the Bible. What do you think about that JNE?!?!?! :twisted:
Oh Jesus Christ. God Dammit.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

ViPeRx007 wrote:The only history book I need is the Bible. What do you think about that JNE?!?!?! :twisted:
A book about talking snakes, unicorns, parting the red sea, and creating the world in 6 days is NOT history! It is Judeo Christian MYTH!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
A book about talking snakes, unicorns, parting the red sea, and creating the world in 6 days is NOT history! It is Judeo Christian MYTH!
[youtube][/youtube]

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

While I do agree with JNE on this particular topic, he's so off-putting that I actually feel inclined to go to church just to spite him.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

glen a richter wrote:While I do agree with JNE on this particular topic, he's so off-putting that I actually feel inclined to go to church just to spite him.
How is simply telling the truth off putting? I have even defeated clergy by telling them the same reasoning they use to dismiss other religions and scriptures can be used to dismiss the bible. They acknowledge they have no way of showing any one book or belief has any more truth than another!

The REALITY that Christians hate to admit is there are NO objective historical sources that verify biblical claims!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
glen a richter wrote:While I do agree with JNE on this particular topic, he's so off-putting that I actually feel inclined to go to church just to spite him.
How is simply telling the truth off putting? I have even defeated clergy by telling them the same reasoning they use to dismiss other religions and scriptures can be used to dismiss the bible. They acknowledge they have no way of showing any one book or belief has any more truth than another!

The REALITY that Christians hate to admit is there are NO objective historical sources that verify biblical claims!
Well, I guess that says it all.
I guess there will be no need to discuss religion here in the future, as there is nothing else left to say.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

The reality is that no one knows what The Truth is, but everyone is quite ready yo dispute ones persons beliefs if they don't match their own point of view. While there isn't enough evidence to support ANY religions claim there is also not enough evidence NOT to either. While there are very sparse texts left behind we do know quite a bit about the various bibles containing certain histories but we as of yet understand their true contexts and that 1) libraries were destroyed and burned over history and rulers would alter and destroy pieces if they interfeared with their power. So how can someone claim that any religion is false? Its not so much a matter of truth as much as its a matter of belief. And belief fueled 1980 USA gold medal run and won Cups for teams over the decades.

And I said that.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:

The REALITY that Atheists hate to admit is there are NO objective historical sources that verify scientific claims.

Oakland is right though, nobody can prove with 100% certainty either way. I just know that, by your beliefs, when we die nothing happens. My way, things happen based on the knowledge we've gained and the life we've lived. One of those ways makes life seem like it means something, and that's important to me. I'm sure life means something to Atheists too, but I'm not really sure what that is. To say we're just here by a stroke of luck and that we live, we die, and that's it seems very empty to me. There are things that I've felt and miracles that I've seen that I'm sure you'd just dismiss as coincidence, but I know there is more to it than that. Can I provide you with physical proof for everything? No, I can't. But that isn't how spirituality works. It isn't always physical. It's thoughts, impressions, ideas. It's all the things that you claim as being "mythical" nonsense. Well, it's not nonsense to a lot of people.

Live the way you want to live though. I'm not going to fight you about this because it's not going to do anything. I'm content in my path and that's all that matters.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Dude, have you even been to school?

You can verify THOUSANDS of scientific claims in the lab! Boiling point of water, boiling point of ammonia, freezing point of water, freezing point of nitrogen, tests to show gravity exists (unlike Jesus), testing electric current in a wire down to exact voltage, etc. etc. etc.

NOTHING from the bible can be proven to have existed! Not a single objective historical character corroborates ANY bible claim! The same way you Christians dismiss other scriptures like the Avesta, Adi Granth, Dhammapada, Book of Certitude, Bhagvad Gita, etc. the bible can also be dismissed!

THAT is the difference between science and religion!