New St. Louis Hockey History Book

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: New St. Louis Hockey History Book

Post by ComradeT »

One thing I learned about religious disputes is that they usually end with both sides agreeing to continue to disagree. No one has been converted by someone simply on the basis of a conversation, and the decision to have faith or not is a deeply personal one. Having said that, can we all agree to stop talking about this? Obviously, no one here will gain any ground toward starting to believe or renouncing their current beliefs for new ones or lack thereof.

So, JNE, stop inserting atheistic propaganda references in your posts. You're an atheist, we get this. Some here are, some aren't. We are not here to discuss that either. If you're in need of a philosophical dispute, seek other boards.

Guys (and believe me, I am itching to get into this too), let's cool it. I know it's fun to troll around and there's no better topic for trolling than religion because it seriously never ends, but I'd rather we go back to pre-JNE topics. Those were fun, less contentious and relevant. This is just useless and stupid. Especially with the way JNE argues (I am ready to believe it's one of Glen's students from NYC who found out his teacher's favorite hockey hangout).
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

ComradeT wrote:One thing I learned about religious disputes is that they usually end with both sides agreeing to continue to disagree. No one has been converted by someone simply on the basis of a conversation, and the decision to have faith or not is a deeply personal one. Having said that, can we all agree to stop talking about this? Obviously, no one here will gain any ground toward starting to believe or renouncing their current beliefs for new ones or lack thereof.

So, JNE, stop inserting atheistic propaganda references in your posts. You're an atheist, we get this. Some here are, some aren't. We are not here to discuss that either. If you're in need of a philosophical dispute, seek other boards.

Guys (and believe me, I am itching to get into this too), let's cool it. I know it's fun to troll around and there's no better topic for trolling than religion because it seriously never ends, but I'd rather we go back to pre-JNE topics. Those were fun, less contentious and relevant. This is just useless and stupid. Especially with the way JNE argues (I am ready to believe it's one of Glen's students from NYC who found out his teacher's favorite hockey hangout).
This...or make a religious section board somewhere, at least I have a little respect for JNE for not bringing this shit up earlier.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Dude, have you even been to school?

You can verify THOUSANDS of scientific claims in the lab! Boiling point of water, boiling point of ammonia, freezing point of water, freezing point of nitrogen, tests to show gravity exists (unlike Jesus), testing electric current in a wire down to exact voltage, etc. etc. etc.

NOTHING from the bible can be proven to have existed! Not a single objective historical character corroborates ANY bible claim! The same way you Christians dismiss other scriptures like the Avesta, Adi Granth, Dhammapada, Book of Certitude, Bhagvad Gita, etc. the bible can also be dismissed!

THAT is the difference between science and religion!
Whatever you say, chief.

Gravity exists? That's true. Score one for science. Where does it come from though? How did it start? It just happened? People just came from ooze? The millions upon millions of cellular activity and intricate functioning of our bodies was just a stroke of scientific luck? How do you explain infinity in regards to space? What is nothing? Come on, science!

I'm trying to figure out why you have the username you do when you're on a hockey board. Most people choose a hockey-related name or something largely neutral. Not you though. Why is that?
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Dude, have you even been to school?

You can verify THOUSANDS of scientific claims in the lab! Boiling point of water, boiling point of ammonia, freezing point of water, freezing point of nitrogen, tests to show gravity exists (unlike Jesus), testing electric current in a wire down to exact voltage, etc. etc. etc.

NOTHING from the bible can be proven to have existed! Not a single objective historical character corroborates ANY bible claim! The same way you Christians dismiss other scriptures like the Avesta, Adi Granth, Dhammapada, Book of Certitude, Bhagvad Gita, etc. the bible can also be dismissed!

THAT is the difference between science and religion!
Science does not equal fact. It equals what we can explain at this time based on data. And over history much of science has been proven dead wrong or totally inaccurate.

Pluto a planet? Science said it was for a very long time and it ended up being false.

The Classical Elemental Theory? Disproven with the discovery of subatomic particles and the modern elements, as we know them today.

Newtons Laws of Motion? Still highly respected and ubiquitously used they were 'improved upon' by the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein in 1940

And the list goes on and on and on.

At this time we can say with complete honesty that we don't have enough information to prove for a fact that a God does or does not exist. This might very well be because God doesn't need to prove he exists because he just is. Or maybe there isn't a God. Or maybe God is the Earth and the Earth itself is a living sentient.

Those last few sentences, by the way, are called Theories. That's the first step in any sort of investigation into science. The real truth is that we, at this time, don't have the technology or method or data to be able to disprove such a concept as a God that exists. For all we know, God is that particle that Stephen Hawkings has been talking about.

But that's what makes science so great, is exploring the unknown. Anyone that declares that something doesn't exist because there's no information and can't see it wouldn't have developed the tools to find atoms or to see distant stars or any of that. To declare that so blantantly is to be blind to everything.

And just food for thought: The study of Theology is considered a science.

And yes, I once again said that too.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Probably need a lock on this thread before it starts getting out of hand. It's already way off-topic.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Look, I was talking about Federko and Babych and what an awesome book this is on Blues history! Then it was Viper who brought up religion by saying the bible is the only "history" book he needs. So it was Viper who hijacked this thread to religion not me.

As far as picking this name goes it's just a username. No big deal. It doesn't have to be a hockey name and I checked with cprice first.

If you guys want to talk religion take it to a religion thread. I have some amazing HISTORICAL info on Jesus that will make you realize he is just Judeo Christian MYTH!

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

ComradeT wrote: Guys (and believe me, I am itching to get into this too), let's cool it. I know it's fun to troll around and there's no better topic for trolling than religion because it seriously never ends, but I'd rather we go back to pre-JNE topics. Those were fun, less contentious and relevant.
Seconded, Comrade!

I no longer feel any need to convince anyone of anything on this topic. Liberating, that.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Look, I was talking about Federko and Babych and what an awesome book this is on Blues history! Then it was Viper who brought up religion by saying the bible is the only "history" book he needs. So it was Viper who hijacked this thread to religion not me.

As far as picking this name goes it's just a username. No big deal. It doesn't have to be a hockey name and I checked with cprice first.

If you guys want to talk religion take it to a religion thread. I have some amazing HISTORICAL info on Jesus that will make you realize he is just Judeo Christian MYTH!
My original comment was a joke, because I knew you'd jump all over it. So, I apologize if I caused a stir.

It's not like this is the first time for you though. I'm just getting tired of whatever schtick it is that you're trying to pull.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

I'm glad you apologized Viper because I only bring up religion in a religion thread. I only respond about religion if someone else brings it up or in a separate religion thread.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Holy ot batman.

One, I hate assholes who think I should share their religion.

Two, I hate assholes who think they need to tell people why their religion is wrong, false, etc.

STFU about all of it unless someone asks you directly, privately, in a forum where that type of discussion is encouraged or expected.

Finally, book sounds cool. I might have to check it out.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:Holy ot batman.

One, I hate assholes who think I should share their religion.

Two, I hate assholes who think they need to tell people why their religion is wrong, false, etc.

STFU about all of it unless someone asks you directly, privately, in a forum where that type of discussion is encouraged or expected.

Finally, book sounds cool. I might have to check it out.
I hate a-holes who are just a-holes. Religion/science has nothing to do with that.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I hate a-holes who magically appear on a Blues forum just in time for a playoff series gone wrong against Chicago who claim to be Blues fans but heap lavish amounts of praise on the Hawks and their whole way of doing things. The same a-holes who come up with gems like "barfball" and then insist they've been a Blues fan for multiple decades (what self respecting adult comes up with a term like barfball?) The same a-holes who claim they're always right, particularly because they read it somewhere, even if they misread it and then resort to promptly calling someone "retarded" even though they're the ones who didn't read the article, they're the ones who think the Dallas Stars still play in Minnesota and they're the ones who can't comprehend a sentence stating that Target Field is being considered for an outdoor game, not an additional team in Minnesota.

Of course I'm speaking in general terms and not of any particular troll.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Blues rock! Like Gretzky said hockey is the greatest game in the world! :okman: