Great Tony Twist interview!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Great Tony Twist interview!

Post by ViPeRx007 »

gaijin wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:There's a difference between the goon and enforcer. The goon is a fighter and can't play the game (i.e John Scott, Tony Twist, and many others). The enforcer, like Probert can fight AND play the game - they actually contribute some offensive production to the team. I enjoy watching enforcers play and fight. I do not enjoy watching the goons at all - they are just wasted roster spots IMO.
Did you know Probert actually played in an All Star game? It was 87 or 88. In his prime Probert was the best player of all the enforcers and even The Hockey News said that!
I always love how you make a point and then say, "and (so and so) even said that!" It's adorbs. And even ViPeR said that!
This is how you validate your posts, for all you n00bs out there.
Not just for the noobs, I think I'm going to end all my posts that way from now on.

Even ViPeR said that.
gaijin gets it.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kerfuffle wrote:You really don't want guys to do a big retaliation in the playoffs. Had Reaves done that he could have gotten a 5 min major and cost the Blues the game.
I don't mean carve a guy up. I don't mean a cheap shot. I mean being on Seabrook's @$$ like stink on $#!t, hitting him deliberately as often as possible with the goal of getting him to fight or proving he's a pu$$y.

If Reaves is going to be "held back" after our captain gets his head taken off with a blatantly illegal hit and is then taunted by that giant douche, Keith-I see no point in him being on the roster. He's certainly not there to score, pass, keep possession or play defense.

How many Blues players have been injured by illegal hits over just the last few years? Oshie twice, Perron, Pietrangelo in the playoffs, Tarasenko and Backes (just off the top of my head). And the Blues do nothing about it (part of why teams like Chicago and LA don't find the Blues intimidating). I guess they're waiting for the 2023-24 regular season.

And as it turns out, we also lost the series anyway. Go figure...

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:There's a difference between the goon and enforcer. The goon is a fighter and can't play the game (i.e John Scott, Tony Twist, and many others). The enforcer, like Probert can fight AND play the game - they actually contribute some offensive production to the team. I enjoy watching enforcers play and fight. I do not enjoy watching the goons at all - they are just wasted roster spots IMO.
Did you know Probert actually played in an All Star game? It was 87 or 88. In his prime Probert was the best player of all the enforcers and even The Hockey News said that!
I always love how you make a point and then say, "and (so and so) even said that!" It's adorbs. And even ViPeR said that!
It's validation that I look for every day. I'm in need of constant validation. And even ViPeR said that!
Wait, is this an insult? (frank) you! I don't need validation from any of you manky wankers!

Sorry...I'm getting restless without teh hockies.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

You guys getting restless for the season to start!!! I know I am and I've been a fan since 1980! Even Viper said he was getting restless!!!11!11!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
It's validation that I look for every day. I'm in need of constant validation. And even ViPeR said that!
Wait, is this an insult? (frank) you! I don't need validation from any of you manky wankers!

'Twas a play on words! Even Steve Guttenburg said that!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Did any of you actually listen to the interview?

It's very good interview where he talks in detail about his bike accident and the decline of fighting in the NHL. The bike accident was worse than I thought!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Portland Blues wrote:You guys getting restless for the season to start!!! I know I am and I've been a fan since 1980! Even Viper said he was getting restless!!!11!11!
Yea, I am getting restless! And even Portland Blues said that I said that because I did!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111LOL!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote: Did you know Probert actually played in an All Star game? It was 87 or 88. In his prime Probert was the best player of all the enforcers and even The Hockey News said that!

'Twas a play on words! Even Steve Guttenburg said that!
Oh, ok! Have a good day! Even everyone in the world said that!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Did any of you actually listen to the interview?

It's very good interview where he talks in detail about his bike accident and the decline of fighting in the NHL. The bike accident was worse than I thought!
It's not that no one listened to the interview, it's just that no one likes you.

And everyone said that.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

I don't know why you guys post in any thread that was created by JesusNEVERexisted. Don't give this asshat the attention that he wants. He's a troll, plain and simple. Don't feed it.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

KrustyKevo wrote:I don't know why you guys post in any thread that was created by JesusNEVERexisted. Don't give this asshat the attention that he wants. He's a troll, plain and simple. Don't feed it.
And I just realized that I posted in a thread created by JesusNEVERexisted. (Frank)
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

KrustyKevo wrote:
KrustyKevo wrote:I don't know why you guys post in any thread that was created by JesusNEVERexisted. Don't give this asshat the attention that he wants. He's a troll, plain and simple. Don't feed it.
And I just realized that I posted in a thread created by JesusNEVERexisted. (Frank)
Hahaha :zelda:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

KrustyKevo wrote:
Well done sir, well done.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote:You're all a bunch of pansies. And even Goon said that!
I've heard many other people say that about this message board community.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

And to the discussion at hand... while you pansies are busy telling other posters to not like someone or to not reply to their posts like you're the goddamn message board police or something:

You ABSOLUTELY take a 5 minute major to take Seabrook out of action.

Did we win anything with the "safe" approach? No... we still got our asses handed to us.

Take one game to go all out to injure the hell out of all the stars on the Hawks. Beat the crap out of them. Slash the crap out of them. Break some bones.

SO WHAT if Reaves gets suspended? He's useless in the playoffs anyway if he's not going to be engaging in wanton, sociopathic violence.

You idiots are so desperate to win the Cup you're willing to turn this team into a bunch of ice dancers to do it. Well not me. I still have a set of balls.

Do you pansies remember how the Flyers won the Stanley Cup in the 70s? They GOONED their way to it... TWICE.

It can be done again.

You may now get back to Oprah and diddling your own lady parts, you pussies. :facepalm:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

HA HA! Nice post goon attack! :okman:

I may not completely agree with you but no doubt old time hockey did have some appeal!

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

goon attack wrote:And to the discussion at hand... while you pansies are busy telling other posters to not like someone or to not reply to their posts like you're the goddamn message board police or something:

Did we win anything with the "safe" approach? No... we still got our asses handed to us.

Take one game to go all out to injure the hell out of all the stars on the Hawks. Beat the crap out of them. Slash the crap out of them. Break some bones.

SO WHAT if Reaves gets suspended? He's useless in the playoffs anyway if he's not going to be engaging in wanton, sociopathic violence.

You idiots are so desperate to win the Cup you're willing to turn this team into a bunch of ice dancers to do it. Well not me. I still have a set of balls.

Do you pansies remember how the Flyers won the Stanley Cup in the 70s? They GOONED their way to it... TWICE.

It can be done again.

You may now get back to Oprah and diddling your own lady parts, you pussies. :facepalm:
...and Goon said that...LOL
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

goon attack wrote:And to the discussion at hand... while you pansies are busy telling other posters to not like someone or to not reply to their posts like you're the goddamn message board police or something:

It can be done again.

I remember the glory days of having DJ King, Cam Janssen, BJ Crombeen, and Brad Winchester leading the league in fights and few playoff appearances. Also, those Flyers Cups were almost 40 years ago and not one Cup winner has used that blueprint to hoist a Cup since.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

You forgot Reed Low!

They interviewed him on KTRS this past season and he echoed what Twist said. He felt very bad that they are slowly getting rid of fighting and how the game will never be the same again!

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:

It can be done again.

I remember the glory days of having DJ King, Cam Janssen, BJ Crombeen, and Brad Winchester leading the league in fights and few playoff appearances. Also, those Flyers Cups were almost 40 years ago and not one Cup winner has used that blueprint to hoist a Cup since.
Did you just talk back to goon attack?! :aaaa: