Patrick Kane doing Patrick Kane things

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Patrick Kane doing Patrick Kane things

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Same guy, right?

2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ComradeT wrote:Couldn't even finish reading this thread for its utter meaninglessness. Motion to rename topic to HUGE (Frank) OVERREACTION to whatever Kane did? Kinda shows how desperate we all are for the start of the season. :facepalm:
NO WAY! No St.Louisan has ever reached the heights Kane has. But let's assume Kane was a St.Louis kid and went to Clayton or Ladue and was drafted by the Hawks. Then over the summer he showed up at a Brentwood league game! THAT WOULD BE SO (Frank) COOL AND WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT!
Now I get it you are the kid in the picture... :doh: :lol:
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ComradeT wrote:Couldn't even finish reading this thread for its utter meaninglessness. Motion to rename topic to HUGE (Frank) OVERREACTION to whatever Kane did? Kinda shows how desperate we all are for the start of the season. :facepalm:
NO WAY! No St.Louisan has ever reached the heights Kane has. But let's assume Kane was a St.Louis kid and went to Clayton or Ladue and was drafted by the Hawks. Then over the summer he showed up at a Brentwood league game! THAT WOULD BE SO (Frank) COOL AND WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT!
Pat LaFontaine.
Sure, he didn't live here long...but he WAS born here...so...
And sure, he never won a cup...but that's just a byproduct of the teams he was on.

LaFontaine > Kane
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Yogi Berra and his 13 World Series rings have a bone to pick with you.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Yogi didn't play hockey! We are talking hockey here. Basebarf is organized boredom and makes me sick.

I know about LaFontaine. I recall seeing an interview about his St.Louis ties. He said he started skating at the Kirkwood rink but moved to Michigan when he was 5 and he learned to play hockey there not here. He said he hardly remembered St.Louis so you can't count him as a St.Louisan.

If Ben Bishop showed up at a local game and played goal that would be really cool and I know all you guys agree!

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

You know, I kind of have to side with JNE here... no St. Louisan could ever beat up a cabby over 20 cents like Patrick Kane...

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Yogi didn't play hockey! We are talking hockey here.
Your quote was 'No St. Louisian has ever reached the heights Kane has.'

You never specified 'No St. Louisian hockey player.'

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Yogi didn't play hockey!
O contraire mon frere. The man on the right is Yogi Berra. Looks like Yogi playing hockey existed. :wink:

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I would hope that if I were an adult professional athlete and a CHILD came up to me, even wearing my arch-nemesis' t-shirt, politely asking for a picture I wouldn't turn them away just because he was wearing a Blackhawks shirt or Red Wings shirt or whoever.

Or I'd make a mocking face in the picture with the kid or something just to have some fun with it but I don't think I'd turn the kid away.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

F Keenan wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Yogi didn't play hockey!
O contraire mon frere. The man on the right is Yogi Berra. Looks like Yogi playing hockey existed. :wink:

Jesus(no pun intended) that ice is horrific...
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

dmiles2186 wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Yogi didn't play hockey! We are talking hockey here.
Your quote was 'No St. Louisian has ever reached the heights Kane has.'

You never specified 'No St. Louisian hockey player.'
Come on dude. The context was a pro hockey player showing up at a beer league hockey game. I could care less about a pro basebarf player showing up at a beer league baseball game because I don't even watch pro baseball much less an even more boring version!

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Yogi didn't play hockey! We are talking hockey here. Basebarf is organized boredom and makes me sick.

I know about LaFontaine. I recall seeing an interview about his St.Louis ties. He said he started skating at the Kirkwood rink but moved to Michigan when he was 5 and he learned to play hockey there not here. He said he hardly remembered St.Louis so you can't count him as a St.Louisan.

If Ben Bishop showed up at a local game and played goal that would be really cool and I know all you guys agree!
Ben Bishop was born in Colorado... :roll:

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Misc. Blues wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Yogi didn't play hockey! We are talking hockey here. Basebarf is organized boredom and makes me sick.

He grew up and learned to play hockey in St.Louis! :moran:

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:

You are an inflammatory little kunt, aren't ya?
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

I am going to contribute to this thread although only lawrd Jesus knows why it's still going on, despite having never existed.

JNE, the context you are suggesting makes the situation terribly skewed. I bet that there are not 20 hockey players who were born, or grew up, or started to play hockey or did other hockey-related activities for the first time in St. Louis, as opposed to any town in Canada, Minnesota, Detroit, or upstate New York (I may have forgotten a northern state, like North Dakota, but here, I just remembered it).

A situation that would have sentimental value for Blues fans would be a former famous Blue (regardless of birth place, nationality, etc.) came to town and played a local beer league game. And low and behold, that has happened. Another situation would be a former famous Blue coming back to work for the organization. And that has also happened to.

Don't take me wrong. If Ben Bishop rolls into town and plays goalie in a beer league here, everyone will be happy and full of praise, respect and gratitude. But there are just so few guys from St. Louis playing in NHL that chances of that happening are very slim.

Which brings me to this: why did you even took this thread to such a dubious premise?
Last edited by ComradeT on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:

You're giving me diabetes.
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

NO WAY! No Mexican has ever reached the heights Wayne Gretzky has!
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Misc. Blues wrote:

So did a kid named Paul Stastny...

You discredit LaFontaine and he was born here so I discredited Bishop because he was Born in Denver. I know you always think you are right and everyone else is wrong but you can't have it both ways. Just admit when you're wrong and the rest of us won't have as much of a problem with you.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Dude, learn to comprehend and read English! YOU are clearly wrong!

LaFontaine spent his formative years in Michigan and admitted he barely remembers St.Louis. Bishop spent his formative years here, went to high school here, and learned hockey here!

Bishop is a St.Louisan while LaFontaine was only born here but raised elsewhere!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Dude, learn to comprehend and read English! YOU are clearly wrong!

LaFontaine spent his formative years in Michigan and admitted he barely remembers St.Louis. Bishop spent his formative years here, went to high school here, and learned hockey here!

Bishop is a St.Louisan while LaFontaine was only born here but raised elsewhere!
We're all really St. Louisians at heart, aren't we?

(I have never, nor will ever live in St. Louis)