Patrick Kane doing Patrick Kane things

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Patrick Kane doing Patrick Kane things

Post by gaijin »

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/7/2 ... lues-shirt
Don't wear a Blues shirt around Patrick Kane, kids.

Recall the story from two days ago, in which Patrick Kane suited up for a Buffalo area beer league team and scored five goals. After that game, he took pictures with fans ... including this kid in a St. Louis Blues tshirt.

Patty wasn't fine with taking the picture, but not before adding some necessary censorship.

S/O to Patty Kane for knowing what's up and covering the blues logo pic.twitter.com/09PB0hC6qj
— Megan (@MeganStael) July 23, 2014

At least he has a Blackhawks hat on? But he lives in Buffalo? Just a confused kid, really.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Patrick Kane doing Patrick Kane things

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

That is so cool what Kane did! Imagine being in a beer league and an NHL All Star shows up to play!

It seems over the years Blues players have shown up to play in local leagues here. They include Adam Oates, the Cavallinis, and even Tkachuk! I bet it happened more when the Blues practiced in Brentwood. Anyone have any stories of Blues players showing up to play with local players?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:That is so cool what Kane did! Imagine being in a beer league and an NHL All Star shows up to play!
Your love affair of all things Blackhawks is incredibly bold on a Blues fan forum, as is your continually absurd claims of being a Blues fan. Kane is a douche and giving him credit for anything he does is wrong on so many levels.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

How the F U C K are we not talking about that douchebag kid wearing a Blues shirt with a Hawks hat?

OH SHIT THAT MUST BE JESUSNEVEREXISTED!!

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Kane is a hot dog riding Toews' jock.

He does keep his head up, which is good for him. I'd love to see him flattened and I'm sure I'm not alone...

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

I'm trying to decide how I would react if the roles were reversed and it was a Blues player and a kid with a Hawks shirt on. On one hand, who cares? On the other....who cares?

That being said, Kane is a douche. That's got little to do with this photo though.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

I'm guessing they put the Hawks cap on the kid since you can clearly see the price tag. Covering the note is a douche move by Kane. The kid looks like he's being molested. Hey little Blues fan want some candy Kane...yeah I went there and I'd be ashamed if it were not a Hawk... :lol:
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

glen a richter wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:That is so cool what Kane did! Imagine being in a beer league and an NHL All Star shows up to play!
Your love affair of all things Blackhawks is incredibly bold on a Blues fan forum, as is your continually absurd claims of being a Blues fan. Kane is a douche and giving him credit for anything he does is wrong on so many levels.
First and foremost I am a HOCKEY fan! That is most important when major sports are losing fans and hockey is still #4 compared to the other big 4 sports. Some soccer fans even say soccer will overtake hockey!

Let's say Oshie or Stastny showed up at a beer league game it would be just as cool. Having a top level hockey player show up to play with locals is an honor regardless!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Misc. Blues wrote:I'm guessing they put the Hawks cap on the kid since you can clearly see the price tag. Covering the note is a douche move by Kane. The kid looks like he's being molested. Hey little Blues fan want some candy Kane...yeah I went there and I'd be ashamed if it were not a Hawk... :lol:
For some dumbass reason, keeping the pricetag on caps is/was a style. I think it originated from wanting to steal them without being caught.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

So let me get this straight, this douche goes to play a beer league game, totally rips the team apart and everyone is in awe of this?

God forbid a professional hockey player whose name is on the Stanley Cup actually shows things like sportsmanship, class and integrity and play the game at their level. WE KNOW YOU CAN PLAY PATRICK, THAT ISN'T THE POINT OF THIS. It's a shame that people, human beings like this dork exist. Him being a Blackhawk and that tard picture ain't the point. Him being a pathetic excuse for a human being is.

Although if you want to think about it, of all the teams he's covering his mitt to, it's the Blues. When people tend go all out and do that, it ain't because the Blues are a laughingstock, it's because they're afraid of you. Because if you wern't, you wouldn't care what shirt the kids wearing. And if that kid is going to wear a hat of any kind, at least make sure he's wearing it cause that shit looks like it's about to roll off his head lol.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Oaklandblue wrote:So let me get this straight, this douche goes to play a beer league game, totally rips the team apart and everyone is in awe of this?

God forbid a professional hockey player whose name is on the Stanley Cup actually shows things like sportsmanship, class and integrity and play the game at their level. WE KNOW YOU CAN PLAY PATRICK, THAT ISN'T THE POINT OF THIS. It's a shame that people, human beings like this dork exist. Him being a Blackhawk and that tard picture ain't the point. Him being a pathetic excuse for a human being is.

Although if you want to think about it, of all the teams he's covering his mitt to, it's the Blues. When people tend go all out and do that, it ain't because the Blues are a laughingstock, it's because they're afraid of you. Because if you wern't, you wouldn't care what shirt the kids wearing. And if that kid is going to wear a hat of any kind, at least make sure he's wearing it cause that shit looks like it's about to roll off his head lol.
So if you were playing a beer league game and Brett Hull, in his prime, came and asked to play and then proceeded to tear everyone up (because he's Brett friggin' Hull), you'd think he's a douche for it?

I don't see it so much as showing people up. Not at all. I think the dude just likes the game and felt compelled to play. And if I were one of the beer league fellas in that game, I'd think it was awesome. That's a story you can tell people forever.

It kind of remind me of Eric Byrnes, who played for a few MLB teams. He was released at one point and didn't find a team right away. So he joined a slow pitch softball league just to play. Never once did I think he was a jerk for doing so. Dude just wanted to play.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

If Jimi Hendrix showed up at my band practice, we'd all want him to play like CC Deville. Otherwise it's just rude! :roll:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Toasted Oates
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Toasted Oates »

He wasn't playing with TOTAL scrubs FWIW: http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Wh ... &id=457711
If you're wondering, "Who's the guy is that scored seven goals?" That's 24-year-old Vinny Scarsella, who played this past season for the Utah Grizzlies of the ECHL.
Scarsella's also a former linemate of the Buffalo Sabres' Cory Conacher as they both attended Canisius College, which is in Buffalo. This is actually the second game Kane has played with them, he had one goal, and two assists in the other appearance. There is one more NHL link; according to @PerformaxHockey the Washington Capitals' Tim Kennedy also plays on this team. To make Essex St Bar feel better, we should also point out that other members Matt Krug and Anthony Day play for Union and Yale respectively.
That being said, I hope he has an "unfortunate accident" in one of these games. This prick can burn in seven hells.

He covered the Blue Note....Good. He acknowledges the rivalry because there is one. All of you shit head Hawk fans that try to say you have more glamorous feuds with Detroit and Vancouver....No. Your boy hates us, now you have to. Too bad so sad.
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko (UPDATE: FOUND! Ryan O' Reilly. July 1, 2018).
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.
2018-2019 LGB sponsor of the 2nd greatest Joel in Blues history, #6 Joel "Eddy" Edmundson.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

The Blues should find out who this kid is and when the Blues go to buffalo this season find him and get him some tickets and a hang out with some Blues......oh and send this kid a blues hat.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Meh. What Kane did was funny.
I can't stand the guy...and he is a douchebag, but it's humorous that he covered up the Blues logo.
All in good fun.

I bet the Hawks loved the fact that he decided to play in some beer league. :roll:
Back in the day I recall some NFL player playing in some beach football charity thing on tv, and blowing out his knee on a ball thrown to him in the end zone.
But it's Buffalo...and it's his home town...so the players probably got a kick out of him playing. Hell, if Oshie came to a pickup game I was playing in, I'm feeding him the puck just to see what he'll do.

I think it's funny he only scored 5 goals...unless he only played 5 minutes...which was probably the case.

And yeah...who in the hell wears a Blues shirt AND a Hawks hat?? That is so wrong...I don't even know where to begin.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Couldn't even finish reading this thread for its utter meaninglessness. Motion to rename topic to HUGE (Franking) OVERREACTION to whatever Kane did? Kinda shows how desperate we all are for the start of the season. :facepalm:
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

ComradeT wrote:Couldn't even finish reading this thread for its utter meaninglessness. Motion to rename topic to HUGE (Frank) OVERREACTION to whatever Kane did? Kinda shows how desperate we all are for the start of the season. :facepalm:
NO WAY! No St.Louisan has ever reached the heights Kane has. But let's assume Kane was a St.Louis kid and went to Clayton or Ladue and was drafted by the Hawks. Then over the summer he showed up at a Brentwood league game! THAT WOULD BE SO (Franking) COOL AND WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT!

KrustyKevo
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KrustyKevo »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
ComradeT wrote:Couldn't even finish reading this thread for its utter meaninglessness. Motion to rename topic to HUGE (Frank) OVERREACTION to whatever Kane did? Kinda shows how desperate we all are for the start of the season. :facepalm:
NO WAY! No St.Louisan has ever reached the heights Kane has. But let's assume Kane was a St.Louis kid and went to Clayton or Ladue and was drafted by the Hawks. Then over the summer he showed up at a Brentwood league game! THAT WOULD BE SO (Frank) COOL AND WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT!
I don't even
“It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.”

Slim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slim »

"NO WAY! No St.Louisan has ever reached the heights Kane has. But let's assume Kane was a St.Louis kid and went to Clayton or Ladue and was drafted by the Hawks. Then over the summer he showed up at a Brentwood league game! THAT WOULD BE SO (Franking) COOL AND WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT!"

I'll play along. He shows up wearing run of the mill gear/clothes, I would politely ask for an autograph and wish him luck in the game. Then, I proceed to tell him that every time he wears that jersey, utters any word(s)that could be conceived as pro-Hawks, I want all the bad things in the world to happen to him and only him.

My phone jacked up the quote for some reason.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
NO WAY! No St.Louisan has ever reached the heights Kane has. But let's assume Kane was a St.Louis kid and went to Clayton or Ladue and was drafted by the Hawks. Then over the summer he showed up at a Brentwood league game! THAT WOULD BE SO (Frank) COOL AND WE WOULD ALL LOVE IT!
Go (Frank) yourself.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW