Blues Sign Veteran Defenseman Nate Prosser

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Blues Sign Veteran Defenseman Nate Prosser

Post by Misc. Blues »

Since nobody posted this I thought I would. :cup:
Veteran defenseman Nate Prosser, who played for the Minnesota Wild last season, was signed by the St. Louis Blues to a one-year, two-way contract on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old Prosser had two goals and eight points in 53 games with the Wild last season along with 58 penalty minutes. He also played in 10 playoff games without registering a point.

Growing up in Elks River, Minn., Prosser has three goals and 21 points in 126 NHL games. The former Colorado College standout also had eight goals and 31 points in 96 games in the American Hockey League.

Prosser began his career with Sioux Falls of the United States Hockey League. His father, Chris Prosser, is a friend and former neighbor of Tim Oshie, the father of Blues winger T.J. Oshie.
http://www.bnd.com/2014/07/22/3314440/b ... seman.html
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues Sign Veteran Defenseman Nate Prosser

Post by Robb_K »

Another good depth signing, along with Butler. Now, if The Blues have 3 defencemen hurt, they still can ice a reasonable NHL defence. He'll hep The Wolves a lot. I'd like to see them win The Calder Cup.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I love it. More depth, means more competition, and that's what we need. I saw when Hitch was answering questions on Twitter the other day, someone asked him what these signings meant for Ian Cole. Essentially he said (for all defensemen), it meant "Game on."

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Robb's point about injuries stands, but I don't want any of these scrapheap scrubs dressed when the season opens. Maybe the club's gearing up to move somebody? Leopold going would open a nice amount of cap space and allow one of the young Dmen to get some NHL time. Gotta hope these re-treads are meant to take the minutes in Chicago when that happens...otherwise, a few guys haven't panned out...

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

ecbm wrote:Robb's point about injuries stands, but I don't want any of these scrapheap scrubs dressed when the season opens. Maybe the club's gearing up to move somebody? Leopold going would open a nice amount of cap space and allow one of the young Dmen to get some NHL time. Gotta hope these re-treads are meant to take the minutes in Chicago when that happens...otherwise, a few guys haven't panned out...
One word to quell your concerns: depth.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko