off season mid term status report

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: off season mid term status report

Post by flyingnote38 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:After the Sobotka debacle (yes, that is the word I'm choosing to use for it) it only knocks the Blues offseason score, in my eyes, a little bit.

Let's say from an A to a B+.

Stastny was huge. We had to get either him or Spezza. We've been bashing the Blues on this message board for depth up the middle, with legitimate point producers and we got one. I wish we would've landed Spezza but sith happens, we didn't give up anything more than money to the best available center in free agency. That is a MASSIVE win.

Berglund... well... here's hoping he plays better? Nothing pisses me off more than a big-bodied forward that doesn't use it so I have never loved the guy from the start. Here's hoping he plays better! (Trademark, St. Louis Blues, 2009)

Sobotka fail and Ott signing... Again we just have to hope and pray this works out and Ott settles in. No other choice.
I would similarly adjust my 'grade' for Armstrong as well. Failed to complete his remaining assignments on time. Returned to bad habit of signing crappy ex-Stars that we thought he might have gotten over.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Definitely still willing to give Armstrong a solid B but he could have gotten an A/A+ by doing virtually nothing after signing Stastny & Lehtera.
jackman5 wrote:What the shit are you talking about? 50 point potential?? :lol:
He scored 33 in 61 games last season, which projects to 44 if he plays the full year. He's 27 and entering his prime.
jackman5 wrote:He has come nowhere near that.
I did say potential.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'll post this here:

[tweet][/tweet]

Also, from the coach's mouth on prospects...

[tweet][/tweet]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Have never found Hitch's line juggling productive. I'm sure he has something in mind he's trying to accomplish.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I've heard great things about Parayko. There's a lot of decisions to be made on defense in the next few seasons. As for Hakanpaa and Edmundson, it seems like they're pretty much yesterdays news at this point. Parayko, Schmaltz and Milli Vanelli will jump them on the depth chart real soon.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024