Blues sign Joakim Lindstrom

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Blues sign Joakim Lindstrom

Post by STLADOGG »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:This is a high reward/low risk signing, imo.

The guy seemed to figure something out in the SEL, and he's going to play a role similar to Roy for a fraction of the cost. If he's exactly what Roy was, it's a win...if he has a breakout year it's a brilliant move. If he sucks at camp, don't be shocked if he's let go.

Only way I am upset by this signing is if this is the only move they make for more scoring up front.
Man I didn't notice Roy once all of last year.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

STLADOGG wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:This is a high reward/low risk signing, imo.

The guy seemed to figure something out in the SEL, and he's going to play a role similar to Roy for a fraction of the cost. If he's exactly what Roy was, it's a win...if he has a breakout year it's a brilliant move. If he sucks at camp, don't be shocked if he's let go.

Only way I am upset by this signing is if this is the only move they make for more scoring up front.
Man I didn't notice Roy once all of last year.
Exactly.

For $4 million, Roy had 9 goals and 28 assists with a -1 on the season.

That's total crap for that $4 million contract, but great production from a 3rd or 4th line guy making $700k. This is why I think it's a win - the salary is commensurate with the expected role on the team.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

He also has an out clause to head back to Europe if he doesn't make the NHL team out of camp.

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Not to go on tangent, but in regards to Derek Roy, I'd resign him if he cut his price down signfigantly and we put him on a line with wingers who could be more effective for him. Didn't Roy wind up on some bs setup with Stewart and/or Berglund quite abit of the time? I don't know if I'd be ready to crucify the guy just yet if that's the case.

Derek Roy is a guy who:

* Is in the top 10 of Assists with the team
* #3 in PP assists for the team and we KNOW how great our PP squad is :(
* Is a Center, a position we are really short on.

Using him to center our PP with better coaching would make him a special teams asset even though the guy's got 'Hands of Stone'. 4m is beyond ridiculous for his abilities, but to say we could get the above reliably from someone else for 700k would be amazingly great, if we can do it. Then again if we could let him walk and pick up a major upgrade, I'd say snatch it up.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

great.....another fookin' pansy :doh: :facepalm:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller