kesler's list

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

kesler's list

Post by flyingnote38 »

Before the deadline, Kesler gave the Canucks a list of 6 teams for which he would waive his no-trade clause and the Blues were not on it.

Anaheim, Chicago, Colorado, Detroit, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh.

Seems like an odd world view for Kesler to think he can request a trade and then present a fairly limited list of potential destinations.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: kesler's list

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

I think it is more odd that he approved all the top four teams in the west that we're not stl. It's likely indicative of his work ethic, but maybe there is something else to it.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I was going to say that maybe it was all about living in a nice city...but then I saw Detroit on the list. So scratch that.
Doesn't he know that Detroit is on the decline? They have been for a few years now.
Meh...whatever.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Maybe he is aware of the Blues dismal playoff history and sees this as a somewhat toxic environment? I mean aren't there at least a dozen players who have played for the Blues then left and won the Cup elsewhere?

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by flyingnote38 »

cprice12 wrote:I was going to say that maybe it was all about living in a nice city...but then I saw Detroit on the list. So scratch that.
Doesn't he know that Detroit is on the decline? They have been for a few years now.
Meh...whatever.
I couldn't put any rhyme or reason to the list. He's from Michigan so that explains Detroit. A contender? Skips Boston, San Jose and the Blues.

No Canadian teams, guess he's had his fill of Vancouver.

Colorado has 3 scoring line centers so didn't need him. Chicago could use a second line center but had no cap space at the deadline.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Maybe he is aware of the Blues dismal playoff history and sees this as a somewhat toxic environment? I mean aren't there at least a dozen players who have played for the Blues then left and won the Cup elsewhere?
I don't think I've ever heard of St Louis or the Blues being called a "toxic environment." Maybe he grew up hating the Blues or believes that we are cursed. I mean if you don't think you can't handle the "pressure" of St Louis, you probably should think about a different career.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Who needs him? Based on what's transpired with Ells, Miller and Allen it's so obvious this team is adding offense elsewhere. Spezza + Stastny, I'm ready for next season. Imagine those two plus Vova and Schwartz taking the next step.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Could also have to do with stuff like coaching, style, needs, etc.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

glen a richter wrote:Who needs him? Based on what's transpired with Ells, Miller and Allen it's so obvious this team is adding offense elsewhere. Spezza + Stastny, I'm ready for next season. Imagine those two plus Vova and Schwartz taking the next step.
From what I have heard Colorado will resign Stasny. You really think they'd let him walk to us? I bet the Blues wish they could get McKinnon!

Misc. Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Misc. Blues »

drwoland wrote:Could also have to do with stuff like coaching, style, needs, etc.
Most likely his work ethic comes in to question. He would not be on the table due to 5M cap hit until 15-16 season. That's reasonable
2016-2017 official sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo (aka Captain Pie)
2015-2016 official sponsor of Jori Lehtera (aka Yorry)
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

And if my memory serves me right there's only a few teams on that list that could even fit him in their cap (Tampa Bay, Colorado and Detroit I believe).

Pittsburgh is always in a world of hurt when it comes to the cap and Chicago is facing Crawford's payday being added into their cap next season... we're one of the few teams that could afford him so us not on the list is, yea, a little odd to me. Last I checked, NHL players like getting paid :roll:

Plus he'd be the #1 center we don't have which would be huge IMO...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

WaukeeBlues wrote:And if my memory serves me right there's only a few teams on that list that could even fit him in their cap (Tampa Bay, Colorado and Detroit I believe).

Pittsburgh is always in a world of hurt when it comes to the cap and Chicago is facing Crawford's payday being added into their cap next season... we're one of the few teams that could afford him so us not on the list is, yea, a little odd to me. Last I checked, NHL players like getting paid :roll:

Meh. I don't want someone who considers St. Louis to be not worth his time. The last thing we need is lackadaisical forwards.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

gaijin wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:And if my memory serves me right there's only a few teams on that list that could even fit him in their cap (Tampa Bay, Colorado and Detroit I believe).

Meh. I don't want someone who considers St. Louis to be not worth his time. The last thing we need is lackadaisical forwards.
You mean besides the ones we already have? :mrgreen:

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

He won't be coming to Chicago - we don't have the cap room at present and would have to unload a lot of salary to get him. We have other pressing needs like getting a backup goaltender for next season. Also Toews and Kane are due long term contracts.