Clarence Campbell Conference Final : Chicago v Los Angeles

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Clarence Campbell Conference Final : Chicago v Los Angel

Post by Portland Blues »

Quite a 3rd period spanking by LA tonight.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Portland Blues wrote:Quite a 3rd period spanking by LA tonight.
Yes it was. We actually played great for 38 min and then Crawford let in a softie with 2 min left in the second. That wasn't that big a deal but somehow we forgot there was a third period tonight and it was a complete disaster in the third for us. As soon as they took the lead 3-2 it just felt like the team hung their heads. The 4th goal was because Crawford thought it was out of play and it wasn't but he stopped playing and that was enough for LA to bury one. The 5th goal was a breakaway cause we were sending all our D men in that point on the attack to catch up.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Portland Blues wrote:Quite a 3rd period spanking by LA tonight.
You know Blues fans everywhere are saying if the Blues just spanked the Hawks ONCE in Chicago like that either in Game 3 or Game 4 then the Blues would likely be playing the Kings in the conference finals! Imagine what the Kings would do to the Blues. :shock:

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by flyingnote38 »

flyingnote38 wrote:The NHL just announced they have cancelled the rest of the playoffs and named the Hawks the champs. The draft will be this weekend.

Or at least maybe they ought to. Nobody Can match the Hawks talent so the only way they can lose is if the other goalie significantly outplays Crawford and he's just not letting that happen. To this point, Crawford deserves the Conn Smythe. How many games this playoff season have the Hawks been outplayed and still won?

Just pick out any game and look at the second period. The hawks got outshot 17-6 yesterday in the second and won the period.
Kind of funny how right around the time Hawks fans start saying "I guess we have to start considering Crawford an elite goaltender" he starts getting lit up.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

flyingnote38 wrote:
flyingnote38 wrote:The NHL just announced they have cancelled the rest of the playoffs and named the Hawks the champs. The draft will be this weekend.

Or at least maybe they ought to. Nobody Can match the Hawks talent so the only way they can lose is if the other goalie significantly outplays Crawford and he's just not letting that happen. To this point, Crawford deserves the Conn Smythe. How many games this playoff season have the Hawks been outplayed and still won?

Just pick out any game and look at the second period. The hawks got outshot 17-6 yesterday in the second and won the period.
Kind of funny how right around the time Hawks fans start saying "I guess we have to start considering Crawford an elite goaltender" he starts getting lit up.
Hawks defense has been pretty suspect all playoffs and Crawford carried them on his back in many games. He must be getting tired of bailing them out game after game. The way Kings are smashing Chicago in the mouth is really really similar to how the Blues were in their series against the Hawks. Except the Kings have quite a few guys with an ability to put the puck in the net and a much better PP.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by flyingnote38 »

ComradeT wrote:Hawks defense has been pretty suspect all playoffs and Crawford carried them on his back in many games. He must be getting tired of bailing them out game after game. The way Kings are smashing Chicago in the mouth is really really similar to how the Blues were in their series against the Hawks. Except the Kings have quite a few guys with an ability to put the puck in the net and a much better PP.
I hope Muller is watching LA's power play. Pretty 'revolutionary'; bodies in front and putting pucks on net. what a concept.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

IF the Kings take care of business then my entire western conference prediction is right because I said the LA Kings and Hawks will play in the conference final with the Kings the victor!

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Kings win this tonight. Hawks don't look like they really want it.

...well, shit...

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Fack. C'mon Kings. Finish them off.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

It's pretty clear the Kings are more offensively talented than the Hawks and the Kings probably have the best offense in all ofhockey! The top 4 scorers in the playoffs are ALL Kings! Crawford needed to stand on his head but he hasn't.

Kings likely wrap this up in 6 on Friday.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I hate the Hawks so much...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Regardless of how much you may hate the Hawks Kane is amazing! Clearly one of the top 2 or 3 players in hockey. It's like how people that hated Blues still had to admit how great Hull was.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

the wife and I are fighting over who gets to use the tickets for game 7. I think she will win (or I'll be cutoff for a month if you know what I mean).

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Go away, Chicago. Please. Just go away. I don't want to see Pat Kane's pube beard any more.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Kerfuffle wrote:the wife and I are fighting over who gets to use the tickets for game 7. I think she will win (or I'll be cutoff for a month if you know what I mean).
Don't you guys have 2 tickets so you can both go? Can you please take some cell phone pics and video of the atmosphere there? It's going to be INSANE!

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

dmiles2186 wrote:Go away, Chicago. Please. Just go away. I don't want to see Pat Kane's pube beard any more.
And take Toew's Amish chinstrap beard with him. Simply the worst playoff beards in the history of the NHL. :grin:

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Kerfuffle wrote:the wife and I are fighting over who gets to use the tickets for game 7. I think she will win (or I'll be cutoff for a month if you know what I mean).
Dude, how is it even a contest??? Game seven all the way. Two things a man cannot survive without are beer and hockey. You-know-what can wait. :mrgreen:

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Don't you guys have 2 tickets so you can both go? Can you please take some cell phone pics and video of the atmosphere there? It's going to be INSANE!
We do have 2 tickets but I have young kids and someone needs to stay back and watch them. So the wife and I usually do not attend games together. I take a buddy with me and she takes her best girlfriend with her. Plus I want to get laid and sending my wife to game 7 ensures I'm still in her good graces regardless of outcome :)

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Hey Kerfuffle, whether you or your wife go please take some pics and video because the atmosphere for this game is going to be totally bonkers! Maybe unprecedented!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I'm torn over who's more likely to beat the Rags. Chicago has a sick offense good defense and a so-so goalie. LA has all that and a better goalie, but more time zones between both teams. Q is a great coach, Sutter sounds like a 2nd grade dropout when he speaks. Neither team is a shoo-in to beat NY and that pisses me off so much because regardless of what the end result is here, the Rags are still NOT the best team in the east. They beat a Flyers team with goalie issues due to Mason's early injury, they beat a Penguins team with a fake goalie, and they beat a Habs team by taking out the goalie and causing some other collateral damage. Any of those teams at full strength (or with an actual decent goalie, ahem Fleury) would have beat the Rags. The Bruins would have beaten the Rags, and now I'm thinking they'll take a run at Crawford or Quick in game 1 to ensure facing the backup the rest of the series and coast to the Cup.

The absolute best thing that could happen, of course, would be if they lost in game 7 in OT. That would be frikken sweet. But I don't want it to get that far. I want the Rags out in 4 no-doubters.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024