Who are you pulling for the rest of the way?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Who are you pulling for the rest of the way?

Post by dmiles2186 »

Obviously 'anyone who plays the Blackhawks' is going to be the #1 answer, but besides that? Or are you just done with the playoffs now that the Blues are gone?

For me, it's the Bruins. Even though they've had success lately, and that usually causes me to be annoyed by a team, I can't help but pull for them. I like their make up. They're very similar to the Blues in that regard. And I think they pose the biggest threat to the Hawks or anyone else's Cup dreams.

A small part of me really wants the BJ's to knock off the Penguins too. Mostly because I picked it in our bracket, but also because it would be nice to see a former Central foe knock off the NHL's favorite franchise.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Who are you pulling for the rest of the way?

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Yesterday was the last hockey game I'll watch. It's pretty much Sporting Kansas City and the US National Team in the World Cup. I usually call this time of year the Sports Off-Season, but the WC helps.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Yesterday was the last hockey game I'll watch. It's pretty much Sporting Kansas City and the US National Team in the World Cup. I usually call this time of year the Sports Off-Season, but the WC helps.
You've got good taste in soccer teams.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Yesterday was the last hockey game I'll watch. It's pretty much Sporting Kansas City and the US National Team in the World Cup. I usually call this time of year the Sports Off-Season, but the WC helps.
Darn right. I know it's supposedly heresy to follow SKC in STL, but I'm way past waiting for someone in this city to get their act together and get us another team. They're a class organization and they do stuff the right way. I try to catch at least one game a year over there.

And the WC is just life.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Darn right. I know it's supposedly heresy to follow SKC in STL, but I'm way past waiting for someone in this city to get their act together and get us another team. They're a class organization and they do stuff the right way. I try to catch at least one game a year over there.

And the WC is just life.
I feel the exact same way about SKC too. I gave up and started following them in 2011 right after the rebrand. Paid off handsomely with the US Open Cup in 2012 and the MLS Cup in 2013. I still need to get over to see that stadium. It looks fantastic.

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

Obviously I'm pulling for the Blackhawks to keep going but if they don't then I will root for the team that has never won it or has the longest drought. So that would either be Minnesota, San Jose, Philly, or Columbus. Everyone else that is left has already won it recently so I can't support those teams.

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

Kane and Toews are very impressive and the best 1-2 punch in the league along with Crosby and Malkin.

Hawks could be a dynasty in the making. Gotta root for them.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I won't be watching many games. The higher your hopes for your team, the harder it is to watch other teams play after your season ends. At least, it's like that for me. And, I had REALLY high hopes. I expected a Cup this year.

If I had to choose, I guess Columbus would be nice. I never really hated them, largely because they're a new(ish) franchise that hasn't really ever been good. At the same time, if they win a Cup before the Blues, I might go crazy. If it's two teams I can stomach winning, I'll probably watch the Finals. Anaheim might be the only team from the West that meets that criteria though.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Kane and Toews are very impressive and the best 1-2 punch in the league along with Crosby and Malkin.

Hawks could be a dynasty in the making. Gotta root for them.
Yeah, you're not a troll. :roll:
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

And the WC is just life.
I feel the exact same way about SKC too. I gave up and started following them in 2011 right after the rebrand. Paid off handsomely with the US Open Cup in 2012 and the MLS Cup in 2013. I still need to get over to see that stadium. It looks fantastic.
The stadium is amazing. The club is incredibly involved with youth soccer here in KC. I actually got to go to a coaching clinic with Bob Gansler last fall that Sporting organized at their practice facility. Sporting is by far the best professional franchise - both performance and business wise - in Kansas City. KCMO shit the bed so hard when they let that team move to KCK. Utter failure.

There is a big push hoping the Sporting ownership will buy the Royals from the Glass family. There has been several different things indicating they might have interest if the team were for sale, but being the class act they are, they have simply said they aren't going to comment on someone else's franchise, but are not opposed to the idea. It would be the absolute biggest win for this town if they could make that happen.

Glad people outside of KC appreciate Sporting.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

And the WC is just life.
The stadium is amazing. The club is incredibly involved with youth soccer here in KC. I actually got to go to a coaching clinic with Bob Gansler last fall that Sporting organized at their practice facility. Sporting is by far the best professional franchise - both performance and business wise - in Kansas City. KCMO shit the bed so hard when they let that team move to KCK. Utter failure.

There is a big push hoping the Sporting ownership will buy the Royals from the Glass family. There has been several different things indicating they might have interest if the team were for sale, but being the class act they are, they have simply said they aren't going to comment on someone else's franchise, but are not opposed to the idea. It would be the absolute biggest win for this town if they could make that happen.

Glad people outside of KC appreciate Sporting.
That would be great for the Royals if Heinemann and crew went after them.

I just wanted to pick an MLS team and I can't root for anyone based in Chicago. Columbus seems too blah. And it was about this time that KC was going through all these changes and the new stadium was about to open, so I just jumped on the train right before they ripped off their run. But you're right, I think SKC is one of the most well run franchises, not just in KC, but in the Midwest. Maybe that's hyperbole, but they turned that thing from a brandless team playing in a baseball park in front of 5K to bona fide MLS power playing in front of a sold out stadium every night. It seems like no one was Wizards fans, but once the stadium was in place and the team was rebranded, the ownership was really able to connect to a large group of people in KC and the Midwest.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I watched the two later games yesterday. I love hockey no matter what, just now I don't have anyone to root for.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

As much as this pains me, I'm going to have to pull for the Avs. Sure I would like to see Columbus do well, but how realistic is that. The Avs just don't have any players that I truely hate. Sure Bordleau is close to that point, but otherwise, I'm ok with the rest. Ducks - Perry (hate) Hawks (way to many to list that I hate) Sharks (Thorton-hate after the Perron cheap shot), Kings - (Brown -hate), Minnesota (after the Oshie hit- lots of hate, but I always liked Parise)

So the Avs it is from the west. The east, I don't really care except for I hate the Pens and Bruins.

Yeah, I have some hate issues.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

tjk002 wrote:As much as this pains me, I'm going to have to pull for the Avs. Sure I would like to see Columbus do well, but how realistic is that. The Avs just don't have any players that I truely hate. Sure Bordleau is close to that point, but otherwise, I'm ok with the rest. Ducks - Perry (hate) Hawks (way to many to list that I hate) Sharks (Thorton-hate after the Perron cheap shot), Kings - (Brown -hate), Minnesota (after the Oshie hit- lots of hate, but I always liked Parise)

So the Avs it is from the west. The east, I don't really care except for I hate the Pens and Bruins.

Pretty much spot on with how I feel.
Honestly I just want to see good hockey.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

ecbm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by ecbm »

Won't be watching any more NHL, likely until next playoffs.

Why keep watching? So I can say to myself: yeah, we keep at it-maybe we can catch Colorado in a couple years?

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

tjk002 wrote:As much as this pains me, I'm going to have to pull for the Avs. Sure I would like to see Columbus do well, but how realistic is that. The Avs just don't have any players that I truely hate. Sure Bordleau is close to that point, but otherwise, I'm ok with the rest. Ducks - Perry (hate) Hawks (way to many to list that I hate) Sharks (Thorton-hate after the Perron cheap shot), Kings - (Brown -hate), Minnesota (after the Oshie hit- lots of hate, but I always liked Parise)

Since the BJ's are in the East this year, there's nothing wrong in pulling for them AND the Avs.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I'll be rooting for whoever is playing Chicago along the way.

I picked Boston to win the our Fantasy Playoff Pick'em...so I may as well root for them.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Boston. I wish Boston was west of the Mississippi because the WC suits their style more than the EC. They're just going to embarrass everyone they play en route to the finals.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

Blue Jackets, Habs and Avs.

Like Roy or not, he's really brought the Avs full circle and I love seeing a player who helped a team win it all come back when they're doing poorly and bring them back into the fight. I love that kind of player. Wish we had one of those.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

Looks like everyone that jumped on Dallas' bandwagon capsized it...
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?