Second verse same as the first

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Second verse same as the first

Post by gaijin »

flyingnote38 wrote:Stastny.
local kid
addition by addition and subtraction from the Aves
I would go for that, but there's no way he doesn't re-sign with Colorado. Unless his desire to play for StL is just THAT strong, which, at this point why would it be? We're playing golf again while the Avs are likely moving on to the next round.

We have 5 players that broke the 20-goal barrier this season: Steen (33), Backes (27), Schwartz (25), Oshie (21), and Tarasenko (21). Looking at Stastny's stats (say that 5 times fast), he's a 20-25 goal guy. His 25 goals this year fit right in with our team leaders, but if the biggest criticism of our team is that we rely too much on "2nd line talent" and don't have enough "1st line talent," is Stastny really that elite scoring threat we all say we need? :?

That said, I would take him in a heartbeat.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

local kid
For sure, I have always loved that kid.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by flyingnote38 »

gaijin wrote:
local kid
I would go for that, but there's no way he doesn't re-sign with Colorado. Unless his desire to play for StL is just THAT strong, which, at this point why would it be? We're playing golf again while the Avs are likely moving on to the next round.

We have 5 players that broke the 20-goal barrier this season: Steen (33), Backes (27), Schwartz (25), Oshie (21), and Tarasenko (21). Looking at Stastny's stats (say that 5 times fast), he's a 20-25 goal guy. His 25 goals this year fit right in with our team leaders, but if the biggest criticism of our team is that we rely too much on "2nd line talent" and don't have enough "1st line talent," is Stastny really that elite scoring threat we all say we need? :?

That said, I would take him in a heartbeat.
well, how about our two biggest needs being elite offensive talent and scoring line centers. Signing Stastny lets you fix the center problem and allows you to try to trade for an elite scorer that can now be a winger, a bit of an easier task.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk