GDT Game 4: 4/23/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 8:30 PM > FSMW/NBCSN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT Game 4: 4/23/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 8:30 PM > FSMW/NBC

Post by dmiles2186 »

It sucks that we lost both in Chicago. We could have won either. But the flip side of it is that Chicago feels the same way about Games 1 and 2. So we're even. I predicted on the bracket challenge that this thing would go 7, that can't happen without each team losing. Granted, I'd rather have had a 3-0 or 3-1 series lead, but that's not the spot we're in. We're coming home, best of 3, with home ice advantage.

A bounce here or there could have changed this series for both sides. We knew it wasn't going to be easy when he backslid into a first round playoff matchup with the defending champs. In the first two games, they had a knack for taking the lead, blowing it late, and losing in OT. We did that last night.

On the game winning goal, it was one of those things you could see developing. All of our guys were moving forward when we turned it over. Jax got caught up ice a little bit. Then it was off to the races with Jax and Ports chasing and Shattenkirk caught in the middle. Really a shame we lost that game.

And watching Kane celebrate in slow motion just reaffirmed his douchebaggery.

Onto Game 5. We were a crappy team for the first 36 mins of last nights game. Hoping they come out storming early and get a big lead. It feels dire after losing two straight, but positive side of it is that A) if we lose Friday we won't be eliminated B) if we win, the Blackhawks will be backed up against the ropes.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I know scoring is a little bit of an issue, but I think we already have the solution to it. Tarasenko is turning into a beast. He knows how to score. If he's not already, next year I think he's going to be that elite scorer that we've hoping for. And, while I don't think Schwartz will be that super high goal count guy, he's really solid offensively too.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

dmiles2186 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Welp. Three games left, and these two teams are evener than even. I'm glad two of the last three are in STL, because that's the only advantage left.

But, whether you think it's fair or not, Hitch is officially coaching for his job. Another 2-0 series lead blown. If the Blues lose, we'll be looking for another coach the next day. He can't be kept.
I don't see it that way at all. Firing Hitch would be a huge mistake.
He isn't going anywhere.
Again: I'm not saying it's fair or even right. But if (God forbid) this series ends the same way the LA series does, you have to fire him. You have no choice. Three straight years of playoff collapses can't be tolerated.

But I think we win game 5 and 6 and it won't matter.
When scoring is a problem, you don't fire the coach, you sign a scorer. Or three.
Because those are waiting around to be snatched up.
Moulson? Vanek?

And even if those two aren't considered Elites, there were some avaliable. We chose to hunt down a goaltender.

My point stands. You don't fire the coach, you get him what he needs. We didn't go after what we actually needed, we plugged up a potential hole with a potential hole, unless Miller signs with us for six million a year. We can afford six million for Miller, we could have gotten an elite scorer for that. My opinion.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

cardsfan04 wrote:I know scoring is a little bit of an issue, but I think we already have the solution to it. Tarasenko is turning into a beast. He knows how to score. If he's not already, next year I think he's going to be that elite scorer that we've hoping for. And, while I don't think Schwartz will be that super high goal count guy, he's really solid offensively too.
I really hope so. So far, there's no doubt.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Oaklandblue wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:I know scoring is a little bit of an issue, but I think we already have the solution to it. Tarasenko is turning into a beast. He knows how to score. If he's not already, next year I think he's going to be that elite scorer that we've hoping for. And, while I don't think Schwartz will be that super high goal count guy, he's really solid offensively too.
I really hope so. So far, there's no doubt.
And that's the message we're going to get from the front office, because if they lose all of that playoff revenue, they aren't getting a scorer. Not. One. We're just going to be told how super-great the current roster is.

There will be a little money available, but it would probably come from not signing Miller. And, so far, I'd be okay with that. He could steal a couple of games in this series and change my mind, and this certainly hasn't been his fault, but there's no ignoring the fact that he's given up 3, 3, 4, and a softie that lost a game. He's fine for now, but I don't think the cost different will be worth not going into next season with Elliott/Allen.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:They just said on CBS sports 920 am that this series has been so amazing that either the Blues or Hawks could've won 4 games to none if a bounce went different here or there so it's appropriate that it's tied now!
That's exactly right. Some of my Hawks fan buddies were LIVID after the first two games. I mean, think about it, as bad as we've felt losing the lead in the 3rd period on the road... there were like 3:30 left on the clock or something.

I'd be breaking sh*t if we gave up that lead with 6.4 seconds left and then the Hawks won in OT :lol: These two teams are just so dead even... and while I'm not "glad" that the series is 2-2... you're right, it's appropriate. It would be a disservice to the losing team if they or us got swept, it really would.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Kerfuffle
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Kerfuffle »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:I'd be breaking sh*t if we gave up that lead with 6.4 seconds left and then the Hawks won in OT :lol: These two teams are just so dead even... and while I'm not "glad" that the series is 2-2... you're right, it's appropriate.
Yeah it's been tough - you guys have had 3 goals this series in the final seconds.

Game 2 - got a goal with 2 seconds left in the first period to make it 2-0 Blues
Game 2 - got a goal with 6 seconds left in regulation to tie it
Game 4 - got a goal with 3 seconds left in the second period to tie it

So yeah from the Chicago side when we see the clock tick down to 10 seconds we are all grabbing our chests for the inevitable heart attack cause we keep giving up goals at the buzzer.