Duncan Keith: "Wakey, Wakey Backes" after Seabrook hit.

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Duncan Keith: "Wakey, Wakey Backes" after Seabrook hit.

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Keith says to a disillusioned Backes "Wakey, wakey, Backes" at 0:46 in the video. Completely classless.

Oh, and Keith slashes Oshie's hand at 2:17 and Oshie holds it in pain.

What a goon team.

EDIT: I guess this would've helped. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035 ... g-national
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Duncan Keith: "Wakey, Wakey Backes" after Seabrook hit.

Post by cprice12 »

Not to mention Toewes taunting Backes or yelling at him or whatever when he was doing when Backes was trying to stand up.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

I wonder why only the HNIC feed picked it up?

I'm no expert on these things but the hit didn't look too bad. Seabrook said he was just finishing his check and the NBC announcers noted no penalty was initially called. The Kjarlmasson hit on Backes in game 1 looked worse and over the years I've seen lots of hits that look worse.

ramsfan115
Prospect
Prospect

Post by ramsfan115 »

The hit didn't look that bad?? did you not just see the video?? Seabrook hit Backes on the "botton" ( right where the jaw hinges) virtually knocking him out. Then drives through the check with his elbow, causing Backes' head to sling shot in to the glass...nasty, dirty hit...

The BIG problem I have, is with the league, and their explanation of Seabrook's punishment. Not where is there mention of the hit to the head, nor Seabrook lifting off the ice for momentum. I feel redeemed that the fool will not be on the ice for three games, But at the cost of our captain??

Tonight will tell how the rest of this series will go...I just hope that we can steal one and head back home to friendlier confines....

Jackman5
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman5 »

ramsfan115 wrote:The hit didn't look that bad?? did you not just see the video?? Seabrook hit Backes on the "botton" ( right where the jaw hinges) virtually knocking him out. Then drives through the check with his elbow, causing Backes' head to sling shot in to the glass...nasty, dirty hit...

The BIG problem I have, is with the league, and their explanation of Seabrook's punishment. Not where is there mention of the hit to the head, nor Seabrook lifting off the ice for momentum. I feel redeemed that the fool will not be on the ice for three games, But at the cost of our captain??

Tonight will tell how the rest of this series will go...I just hope that we can steal one and head back home to friendlier confines....
Don't pay attention to that guy. He's an idiot. He's been pulling that shit on other message boards. I think he's Ed Olczyk trying to justify is stupid-ass comment about the hit not being a penalty.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Jackman5 wrote:
ramsfan115 wrote:The hit didn't look that bad?? did you not just see the video?? Seabrook hit Backes on the "botton" ( right where the jaw hinges) virtually knocking him out. Then drives through the check with his elbow, causing Backes' head to sling shot in to the glass...nasty, dirty hit...

Don't pay attention to that guy. He's an idiot. He's been pulling that shit on other message boards. I think he's Ed Olczyk trying to justify is stupid-ass comment about the hit not being a penalty.
I think the guy is just a troll, been waiting for the guy to say something dumb like this lol.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

JesusNEVERexisted
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JesusNEVERexisted »

FYI, on KTRS this am they asked Reed Low about it and even HE said it happens all the time! He said when he played he would get knocked out and players would skate by and taunt him and say "I thought you were a tough guy b*itch!". And remember even the NBC announcers said no penalty was called!

Reed Low actually played the game so he knows better than you MORONS calling me a troll simply because YOU are wrong! I've been watching hockey over 25 years and I've seen hits so hard they end up in the bench or the 1st row of seats! This hit was not THAT bad!

Leantonomistake
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Leantonomistake »

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

It'll be interesting to see if the refs are on watch for his slashing tonight. Wouldn't shock me if he gets called for that pretty early.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Jackman5
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman5 »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:FYI, on KTRS this am they asked Reed Low about it and even HE said it happens all the time! He said when he played he would get knocked out and players would skate by and taunt him and say "I thought you were a tough guy b*itch!". And remember even the NBC announcers said no penalty was called!

Reed Low actually played the game so he knows better than you MORONS calling me a troll simply because YOU are wrong! I've been watching hockey over 25 years and I've seen hits so hard they end up in the bench or the 1st row of seats! This hit was not THAT bad!
You keep coming back with the NBC announcers. One of them is a Hawks color man. You're really not that stupid, are you?

As far as that hit being "not THAT bad," let Roman Polak bash your head into the boards going full steam and see how bad it really is.

Now, why don't you go to a Hawks board and see if you can get a job washing Ed Olczyk's car, or servicing his dog or kissing Duncan Keith's or Brent Seabrook's Stanley Cup ring.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

T-shirts! Get your T-shirts here!

[tweet][/tweet]

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

(frank) these clowns and their (frank) fans too. Just win games. They can douche it up all they want.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

flyingnote38
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by flyingnote38 »

dmiles2186 wrote:T-shirts! Get your T-shirts here!

[tweet][/tweet]

Every sports franchise has fans who are idiots. These shirts will just make it easier to spot the idiots who root for the Blackhawks.
2016-7 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2017-8 sponsor of Tage Thompson
2018-9 sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly
2019-20 sponsor of old time hockey
2020-21 sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2021-22 sponsor of Pavel Buchnevich
2022-23 sponsor of Brayden Schenn
2023-24 sponsor of Justin Faulk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:(frank) these clowns and their (frank) fans too. Just win games. They can douche it up all they want.
Clearly, we're not in their class in terms of celebrating brain injuries. We've gotta step our game up!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Complete lack of class, thy name is Chicago.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Also, JesusNEVERexisted, the hit didn't look bad? Backes is lucky he's not dead. Were we watching the same game or are you a Hawks sympathizer masquerading as a Blues fan?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Who is this JesusNeverExisted f***tard?

I'm not a Christian, but Jesus actually did exist. Mix in a history class sometime, tardling.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Oaklandblue
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Oaklandblue »

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:FYI, on KTRS this am they asked Reed Low about it and even HE said it happens all the time! He said when he played he would get knocked out and players would skate by and taunt him and say "I thought you were a tough guy b*itch!". And remember even the NBC announcers said no penalty was called!

REED LOW?! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Wait wait wait, you mean the Reed Low who played for a handful of years for us, turned traitor and signed with the Hawks who sent him down a few months later and he retired at the age of....31. THAT Reed Low? We're going to listen to HIS Opinion??? The only thing he knows in detail is a penalty box.

Look, it's really simple, pay attention: IT WAS A DIRTY HIT. SEABROOK TARGETED BACKES HEAD. OKAY???

Duncan Keith isn't just a dirty hockey player, he is a pathetic excuse for a human being along with the entire Blackhawks franchise and it's fan base. Toews, who had a major skull fracture shouldn't allow this. HE is captain of the team and if these fools are acting this way, and this is NOT the first time the Hawks have reacted to a hurt player with this piss-poor thuggish mentality with absolutely NO concern for human life says everything I need to know about Toews as a hockey player, a captain, a leader and a human being.

Because of how Ken Hitchcock, as a LEADER, has approached this situation and how he is handling it has made me fall in love with him. The Hawks do NOT have the skills of Schwartz and Tarasenko, they do NOT have the physicality we're bringing and they do NOT have the goaltending depth that we enjoy. So, as human beings and players of class, they're going to try and do the one thing they can - hurt players. They've already conceded who the better team is and that's US. And all they're going to try and do now is goon it up.

I say before we're sweeping this and I'm saying it again today. We're sweeping. Jesusneverexisted is getting a visit from Jesus, some Martians and as a special guest - Buddah.

To our guys, boys: Stay Calm and Bleed Blue.

Let's put these fuggin dogs down.
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:Who is this JesusNeverExisted f***tard?

I'm not a Christian, but Jesus actually did exist. Mix in a history class sometime, tardling.
Newb, I was under the impression he was actually a Blues fan but his comments in this thread lead me to the understanding that he's just a Hawks troll. Kind of surprised his handle didn't set anyone off earlier.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

In all seriousness though, this kind of stuff does make good playoff hockey. I mean with Quennvelle's crotch grab, and the Seabrook hit, the Blues/Blackhawks series is probably the most talked about right now.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.