Top Ten Trades That Make Perfect Sense.

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Top Ten Trades That Make Perfect Sense.

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

:lol:

I'm not spazzing, just pointing out that much of our goal differential is spanking bad teams. Also noting that scoring drops off against good competition (duh) and picked the best teams in the conference as examples. Could throw in Tampa and Pitt and we still wouldn't be doing all that great scoring goals.

I know we have potted a bunch this year, but I'm really wondering if that holds up in the playoffs because none of our guys have an elite scoring pedigree.

As such I will take all the top end scoring we can find.

That's all I am saying.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

sseagle wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:+20 of that +60 is four games against Florida and Edmonton, btw.

We struggle to score three goals most nights against Anaheim, LA, SJ, and Chicago - which seem to have no problem dumping three or four on us - and that's who we have to go through to win a cup. In fact, in 11 games against those teams we are -11 goal differential. If you throw out the blowout win over the kings as an outlier we are -16 against those teams.

I will always take more scoring. We always need more goals against elite teams.
Is there a secret forum where ya'll discuss what you are gonna spazz over on the season?

Most games we lose we end up with a negative goal differential... and we are 3-0 on the the DickHawks
That's all good but so long as we discuss the pieces that would make this puzzle more complete, a big scoring center would be a great addition. The only two big centers we have are Backes and Berglund, and only one of them plays like he's big. Roy is too small and Sobotka is no giant. To compete with the massive growth spurt that are CA teams size won't hurt us.

Do we desperately need that big guy? No, we don't. Would one be nice to have at a right price? Yes, it would. Similar to our goalie situation.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

ComradeT wrote: Do we desperately need that big guy? No, we don't. Would one be nice to have at a right price? Yes, it would. Similar to our goalie situation.
That's how I feel about all this. But on the other hand, if it pushes us from Conference Contender to Cup Contender, it would probably be worth it...

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

gaijin wrote:
ComradeT wrote: Do we desperately need that big guy? No, we don't. Would one be nice to have at a right price? Yes, it would. Similar to our goalie situation.
That's how I feel about all this. But on the other hand, if it pushes us from Conference Contender to Cup Contender, it would probably be worth it...
I may or may not be the only one who feels this way... But we might not be having these discussions had Blues played Jaskin from the beginning of this season. I think that given a chance to gel with others, he would be putting numbers way better than Stew's or Bergie's by now. And he certainly wasn't afraid to use his size. Who knows, maybe he would've lit some fire under Stew's ass, too.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

crazyhorse
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by crazyhorse »

Okay, I'll patiently (and hopefully) wait for Jaskin to show tonight.
2012-2013 official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
2013-2014 official LGB sponsor of Ryan Miller
2014-2015 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2015-2016 official LGB sponsor of Kyle Brodziak
2016-2017 official LGB sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 official LGB sponsor of Scotty Upshall
2018-2019 official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn