Blues have assigned Jake Allen to Peoria

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

SamJunior
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Blues have assigned Jake Allen to Peoria

Post by SamJunior »

I saw this mentioned in the "Leopold" thread, but I had to make its own topic... Because of this:
@jprutherford #stlblues have assigned Allen to Peoria. Elliott returns after tonight's game in Peoria. Army says it will be Halak/Elliott combo rest of yr
I don't know. Send down your only goalie who can win games for you is not a smart move, IMO. Especially when you are 8th in the conference. :facepalm:

Shanahan19
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Re: Blues have assigned Jake Allen to Peoria

Post by Shanahan19 »

Well, live or die Halak/Elliot.

This is when we see if they either stay or go after the season.

I am not optimistic. Perhaps that knowledge of no more goalie changes will spark the team to play in front of at least one of them.
"Shanahan beating up on a Winnipeg player..." - Ken Wilson April 14, 1994

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues have assigned Jake Allen to Peoria

Post by dmiles2186 »

Shanahan19 wrote:Well, live or die Halak/Elliot.

This is when we see if they either stay or go after the season.

I am not optimistic. Perhaps that knowledge of no more goalie changes will spark the team to play in front of at least one of them.
This is about the best we can hope for at this point. I'm not happy that Allen is going down, but it's time to nut up or shut up for the Blues. I suppose the Blues could still move one of these guys and then call Allen back up, but the front office brass are talking like these are the guys from here on our.

So I guess I can just hope that Jax doesn't take out Jaro again come playoff time.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb