GDT #78: 3/29/12 > Blues @ Blackhawks > 7:30 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDT #78: 3/29/12 > Blues @ Blackhawks > 7:30 PM > FSMW/K

Post by cprice12 »

Crap game.
Blues looked very sloppy.
Shocked we got a point...and if Steen scores in the shootout, we take 2 pts.

I'm kind of glad they didn't get 2 pts...you can't reward that type of performance.

At least nobody got hurt.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

cprice12 wrote:Crap game.
Blues looked very sloppy.
Shocked we got a point...and if Steen scores in the shootout, we take 2 pts.

I'm kind of glad they didn't get 2 pts...you can't reward that type of performance.

At least nobody got hurt.
Can never be too disappointed when you're down by 2 and take it to overtime. There were times the Hawks looked just as sloppy as the Blues did. Granted I was drinking and watching it from the stands :lol:

I thought we were toast after that lost edge and 2 on 0 goal by Sharp, good to see a solid effort to get back into it.

Moment of the night: Hawks fans hadn't even entirely sat back down after the first goal and we march down and bury it and I popped up out of my seat so fast almost dumped my beer on the old guy's head in front of me :lol: and then I was promptly yelled at and told to sit down.

Oh and I got the bluenote on Chicagoland TV with their crew on the ground level broadcasting live from the United Center
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

If ' and Andy are playing, I think the outcome is different. Which lends the question: who sits when ' and Andy are playing again? I assume Reaves won't get much ice time in the playoffs, barring injury. Schwartz?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The Blackhawks flat out dominated...and yet the Blues came away with a point. Was fun to see that they still had some fight in them and fought back to tie it up. I'll be in attendance on Saturday...hope to see them clinch the division in person.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by sparty09 »

glen a richter wrote:If ' and Andy are playing, I think the outcome is different. Which lends the question: who sits when ' and Andy are playing again? I assume Reaves won't get much ice time in the playoffs, barring injury. Schwartz?
Hitchcock said Andy will play on Saturday. He didn't say anything about ', but he could've played last night, so I assume that we will see him on Saturday, too.

KC Express
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KC Express »

Nyghtewynd wrote:...on the other hand, we just tied it up by giving exactly eight minutes of effort for the entire game. I think I'm too bitter from the past ten years to follow this team. :D
I got mad when Colaiacovo pissed the bed and shut the TV off. :doh:

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

The good news is we are a half game out of clinching the division. Anything less than a win by Detroit or Nashville or any point by the blues in the remaining games and we win the division. We are in a great spot.

The first goal was freaking soft by Halak. I will call it rust.

For those who think we would have a different outcome with Amac and dags, the hawks were missing key parts too.

I just hope this team has another gear...
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

glen a richter wrote:If ' and Andy are playing, I think the outcome is different. Which lends the question: who sits when ' and Andy are playing again? I assume Reaves won't get much ice time in the playoffs, barring injury. Schwartz?
I don't want to see Reeves sit. I like his physical play. He was a dominant presance against the Preds on Saturday night. Schwarz has hit a wall, he was non existent in the physical game against the Preds. All the playoff games will be like that. Sit Schwarz for A Mac, and keep ' in the press box to fill in if something changes.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

tjk002 wrote:
I don't want to see Reeves sit. I like his physical play. He was a dominant presance against the Preds on Saturday night. Schwarz has hit a wall, he was non existent in the physical game against the Preds. All the playoff games will be like that. Sit Schwarz for A Mac, and keep ' in the press box to fill in if something changes.
It kind of reminds me of Tyler Seguin with the Bruins last year, he was a healthy scratch for I think maybe the 1st and 2nd rounds but when he got the chance to play he was a difference maker. Hopefully Schwartz can do the same thing.

But with that said why would the Blues burn a year of his contract if we weren't going to play him in the playoffs.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by tjk002 »

STLADOGG wrote:
tjk002 wrote:
It kind of reminds me of Tyler Seguin with the Bruins last year, he was a healthy scratch for I think maybe the 1st and 2nd rounds but when he got the chance to play he was a difference maker. Hopefully Schwartz can do the same thing.

But with that said why would the Blues burn a year of his contract if we weren't going to play him in the playoffs.
Because the Blue's had no idea of Steen would be back this year. They had to prepare for the playoffs as if he wouldn't be available. Plus no one still knows if ' will be ready to play as well.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

' was activated from IR yesterday, so he's available whenever. Hitch didn't want to mess with their chemistry so he sat last night, but after that clunker of a game, I'll be shocked if ' doesn't play on Saturday.

I'm also more or less of the opinion that Schwartz should be one of the first people to sit. I like his upside and am stoked for when he fulfills his potential. But, he hasn't been all that great, especially since the first couple of games. That's not a knock at him. He's 19 so it would be amazing if he was actually a legit impact player right now.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Schwartz will be one of the first to sit. That said, I've been very impressed with him so far.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

To clarify, Nashville can't win the central. If they win tonight, however they have to do it (reg, OT,SO) the Blues clinch the cetral.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

EDIT: Bah, nevermind, it was NASHVILLE.
Last edited by kodos on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

kodos wrote:Two people have said "tonight" in reference to Blues games... am I nuts or do they play tomorrow?
You are correct, sir. They play tomorrow night against the BJ's.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

However, Nashville plays Detroit tonight (Friday). Think that game will go to overtime? :facepalm:

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

gaijin wrote:However, Nashville plays Detroit tonight (Friday). Think that game will go to overtime? :facepalm:
it doesn't matter if it does.

If detroit fails to get two points in any of their remaining games they are not winning the central.

Nashville is already eliminated because they lose the tiebreakers.

OT, reg, we don't care. Just let nashville get a W.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
gaijin wrote:However, Nashville plays Detroit tonight (Friday). Think that game will go to overtime? :facepalm:

If detroit fails to get two points in any of their remaining games they are not winning the central.

Seems kind of awkward rooting for Nashville but I guess it's okay given the circumstances plus that it's against Detroit.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I think it's for the best if it goes to overtime. We may not have the Central locked up mathematically, but the odds of the Blues losing all 4 remaining games and Detroit winning all 5 are so slim that I'm not worried about it. At all.

The best scenario is for Detroit and Nashville to finish in the 4 and 5 slots and play each other. This game going to OT helps that happen, so it's actually for the best.
Last edited by kodos on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibldbl
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ibldbl »

glen a richter wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:

Seems kind of awkward rooting for Nashville but I guess it's okay given the circumstances plus that it's against Detroit.
For me, the second thing I pray for is Detroit to get knocked out of the playoffs. Of course the first is for the Blues to advance.
It would be awesome if Detroit doesn't get home ice against the Preds and they end up paying for it. :detsucks:
Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan O'Reilly 2021 - 2022
Official LGB Sponsor of Colton Parayko 2017 - 2019
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk 2016 - 2017
Official LGB Sponsor of Troy Brouwer 2015 - 2016
Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz 2013 - 2015