Jaden Schwartz's college season is over

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Jaden Schwartz's college season is over

Post by sparty09 »

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll start this here. He won't be joining the big club, but is the plan for him to go to Peoria for the rest of the year?

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Re: Jaden Schwartz's college season is over

Post by theohall »

sparty09 wrote:I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll start this here. He won't be joining the big club, but is the plan for him to go to Peoria for the rest of the year?
Depends. is he going to play college hockey next year? I don't know.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Jaden Schwartz's college season is over

Post by cardsfan04 »

I've heard that he is turning pro this season as soon as college is finished. If his college is finished, then I think he should be turning pro very soon. JR said there isn't word on whether he goes to the AHL or NHL yet if he does in fact turn pro.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

That would be (Franking) sweet to get him some fine tuning at Peoria the rest of this season. I figured he was at least 2-3 years off though.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by sparty09 »

glen a richter wrote:That would be (Frank) sweet to get him some fine tuning at Peoria the rest of this season. I figured he was at least 2-3 years off though.
If I remember correctly, they have 13 games left from now and the playoffs. That's a decent amount of time for him to play, if he so chooses.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

When I first read this, I thought he got a bad injury again. Nice thread btw, man this team has a big future.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Bring him up now LEEERY!
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

sparty09 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:That would be (Frank) sweet to get him some fine tuning at Peoria the rest of this season. I figured he was at least 2-3 years off though.
If I remember correctly, they have 13 games left from now and the playoffs. That's a decent amount of time for him to play, if he so chooses.
13 games left as of today, but when he shows up to join Peoria it may be less. Both Blues and Rivermen are on the "road" for the next couple weeks, but will practice at home. I expect that Jaden will be given a tour of Scottrade, sign a contract, and then practice until he is deemed ready. He may skate under Blues supervision.
Not to throw a wrench into everything, but does Schwartz want to play in the AHL this year or ever?

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

http://www.gazette.com/sports/jaden-135 ... wartz.html
BREAKING NEWS: Jaden Schwartz to leave CC, sign pro contract with Blues
March 12, 2012 9:57 AM

BRIAN GOMEZ
THE GAZETTE
Sophomore left wing Jaden Schwartz is leaving Colorado College for a professional deal with the St. Louis Blues that he’s expected to finalize this week. And his departure opens the door for his older brother, Rylan, to also abandon the Tigers for the pro ranks.

Jaden Schwartz will sign with the Blues – the team that drafted him in the first round in 2010 – as early as Tuesday, sources familiar with Schwartz’s decision told The Gazette. The Blues have had discussions with Schwartz, sources said, since CC suffered a season-ending defeat Saturday to Michigan Tech in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association playoffs. Neither Schwartz nor CC coach Scott Owens returned phone and text messages.

If Schwartz sticks with the NHL-leading Blues for their playoff run, his contract would pay $700,000 a year, and if he winds up with the Peoria (Ill.) Rivermen of the American Hockey League, it would net $250,000 a year. Either way, his contract would be prorated based on the length of time he’s on the roster – a contract being negotiated by an adviser to Schwartz, whose NCAA eligibility is gone once he signs a pro deal or hires an agent.

Schwartz feels he’s ready to make the jump after a productive season in which he led CC with 41 points, including 15 goals and a team-high 26 assists. He had four game-winners, and five of his goals came on the power play, as he marked a point in 26 of his 30 games – he missed six games to captain his native Canada at the world junior championships.

Earlier, Schwartz said his late sister, Mandi, always told him to follow his heart. He’s not the biggest guy, at 5-foot-10 and 188 pounds, however, he possesses sharp instincts, he’s patient, he’s unselfish and he owns good vision. Plus, he’s a playmaker, like his brother, a junior center who recorded 40 points, including a team-best 23 goals, with a national-best 11 on the power play. Rylan Schwartz has attracted interest from the Blues, sources said, but he wasn’t drafted in the NHL, so he can sign with any team if he wants to leave CC.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Great to see.

DO IT LEEEERRRYYYYYY
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Do playoff games count against the number of games played when determining when you become an RFA and all-that?

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

kodos wrote:Do playoff games count against the number of games played when determining when you become an RFA and all-that?
I thought RFA status was strictly an age consideration? I could be wrong though.

I think they count towards the 25 or 26 games or whatever it is for the determination of a "season played" though. I think.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Hello Jaden!

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621836
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Monday the club has signed their first overall draft pick in 2010, Jaden Schwartz, to an entry level contract.

Schwartz will join the Blues in Chicago when they visit the Blackhawks tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m.

“Jaden had an excellent college career and we are excited that he is ready to make the jump to the NHL,” said Armstrong. “He will add depth to the skill level on our team and give us some options as we begin this stretch drive.”

“It’s been a dream of mine to play in the NHL and I’m excited to be able to do it as a St. Louis Blue,” said Schwartz. “The Blues are having a terrific season and I will do whatever they need me to do just to help out.”

Schwartz, 19, is currently in his sophomore season at Colorado College leading the Tigers with 41 points including 15 goals and 26 assists in 30 games.

During his freshman year, the 5’10, 193-pound forward posted 47 points (17 goals, 30 assists) in 30 games leading the nation in freshman scoring average with 1.56 points per game.

The Wilcox, Saskatchewan native was originally drafted by the Blues in the first round, 14th overall, of the 2010 Entry Draft.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Wait, "join the Blues" as in "join the Blues"???

I can't image they would just throw him on the ice... right?

Even if he plays this year, surely he's going to get some hard practices and pressbox time in first... right?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

kodos wrote:Wait, "join the Blues" as in "join the Blues"???

I can't image they would just throw him on the ice... right?

Even if he plays this year, surely he's going to get some hard practices and pressbox time in first... right?
I would assume, it's a shame that the press release is as vague as it is. But there's no way they just toss him in there, though I could see if the Blues have some things wrapped up near the end of the season they would give him some ice time in those type of games. But who knows? I'm sure we'll hear more about it, but fact of the matter is, he ain't goin' to Peoria.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Yeah, by join the team I assume he'll practice with the team, travel with the team, keep a seat warm in the pressbox and be an observer during the playoffs. No reason whatsoever to play young Jaden this season unless, heaven forbid, injury necessitated it. How about his brother? Maybe he'll ink with us too? Don't know much about his brother, skills wise.

I never figured he'd sign this year, so this is a pleasant surprise. He and Tarasenko next year, wow.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Yeah, but if the team needs to rest some guys, why not toss him in there if the games don't mean much.

Can't really hurt.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

kodos wrote:Yeah, but if the team needs to rest some guys, why not toss him in there if the games don't mean much.

Can't really hurt.
Maybe one game but if he looks overmatched out there he should probably just spend the rest of the season practicing, being a healthy scratch and working early on an offseason conditioning plan to be NHL ready for next season. And wait for a home game before throwing him out there for his first NHL action.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I think Sparty09 knew this was going to happen...maybe he is Jaden...lol wow makes an exiting season even more exiting!
:okman:
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Signed!!! Will be with the blues @ hawks.
http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=6 ... L|STL|home

:letsgoblues:

Maybe he will be what Tyler Seguin was to the bruins last year.
Last edited by APOD on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald