Rangers beat writer on the Blues . . .

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

evil roy
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Rangers beat writer on the Blues . . .

Post by evil roy »

"Can't stress this enough — I would NOT want to play St. Louis in the playoffs. They're capable of advancing, and if they lose, the team that beats them will be banged up after a long, physical series."

Nice to see SOMEONE outside St. Louis shows some respect.

Linky
Official 2018-19 LGB Sponsor of Patrick Maroon
Official 2017-18 LGB Sponsor of Robby Fabbri's ACL
Official 2016-17 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny
Official 2015-16 LGB sponsor of Alexander (There is no "I" in) Steen

Mahoney
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Re: Rangers beat writer on the Blues . . .

Post by Mahoney »

Ya it is nice for once! Hopefully this playoffs we'll turn enough heads to earn more respect all over the league!
http://www.stlbluesunderground.net

- MATT

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

This past weekend the Blues jumped to #2 in NHL.com power rankings. Not much fanfare about that jump. If they beat Vancouver, they should jump to #1 next week. If they don't, they probably stay at #2 with those impressive 4 road wins.

ESPN, on the other hand, made absolutely no sense. The Blues beat the Predators in Nashville and won another road game prior to their rankings, yet dropped two spots to #6 solely because they did not make any moves at the trade deadline to gain players this season. Yet, Nashville moved up 3 spots from #6 to #3 after losing in their own building to the Blues???? Methinks Mr. Pierre LeBrun has no idea what the heck he is writing by basing his rankings solely on who went where at the trade deadline without paying attention to what is happening on the ice.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

dhabums
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by dhabums »

evil roy wrote:"Can't stress this enough — I would NOT want to play St. Louis in the playoffs. They're capable of advancing, and if they lose, the team that beats them will be banged up after a long, physical series."

Nice to see SOMEONE outside St. Louis shows some respect.

Linky
I don't think you are looking very hard if it's "outside of StL" respect you are seeking.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

theohall wrote:This past weekend the Blues jumped to #2 in NHL.com power rankings. Not much fanfare about that jump. If they beat Vancouver, they should jump to #1 next week. If they don't, they probably stay at #2 with those impressive 4 road wins.

ESPN, on the other hand, made absolutely no sense. The Blues beat the Predators in Nashville and won another road game prior to their rankings, yet dropped two spots to #6 solely because they did not make any moves at the trade deadline to gain players this season. Yet, Nashville moved up 3 spots from #6 to #3 after losing in their own building to the Blues???? Methinks Mr. Pierre LeBrun has no idea what the heck he is writing by basing his rankings solely on who went where at the trade deadline without paying attention to what is happening on the ice.
I saw that too and rolled my eyes. I mean, I get what he was trying to do. But, whatever, LeBrun is an idiot.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Oz-iz-God »

You could really write the same thing about Nashville. They play a very similar game to us, I think we're just a hair better at it than they are.

If we end up playing Nashville in the 1st round, whoever wins that thing is going to emerge beaten to hell and gone. That'll be one brutal matchup between two extremely physical squads. It'll also be an absolute kick to the balls for both squads because they both deserve better than having to play each other in round 1. Stupid division winner crap...
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Oz-iz-God wrote:You could really write the same thing about Nashville. They play a very similar game to us, I think we're just a hair better at it than they are.

If we end up playing Nashville in the 1st round, whoever wins that thing is going to emerge beaten to hell and gone. That'll be one brutal matchup between two extremely physical squads. It'll also be an absolute kick to the balls for both squads because they both deserve better than having to play each other in round 1. Stupid division winner crap...
With Detroit's regulation loss to Chicago yesterday, we move into 1st in the Division again. The Central Division is crazy good this year- St. Louis, Detroit, Nashville, and Chicago are 4 of the 5 best teams in the Western Conference right now (after only stoopid Vancouver).