GDT #65: 3/1/12 > Blues @ Canucks > 9:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT #65: 3/1/12 > Blues @ Canucks > 9:00 PM > FSMW/KMOX

Post by goon attack »

theohall wrote:My only big negative - #25 again. I am not sure how many times he alone turned the puck over this game, but it was probably a very high number. His ability to consistently lose the puck - even on one-on-one match-ups against 4th line players - is killing any opportunities for Berglund and Perron. Put #25 back out there with Arnott. It seems to be the only time #25 actually fights for pucks, makes hard passes, and actually works defensively. May re-watch this game, but it seemed like any time #25 was on the ice, the Canucks would intentionally leave him open so the Blues would pass him the puck. Then, they would get the turnover or force the bad play at either blueline which #25 tends to commit way too often.

I'm starting to wonder if Stewart is just an utter dunce. "Keep it simple" never applied more to a player.

One thing I notice was that Pietrangelo whiffed on a lot of pucks and missed simple passes several times... wtf? The ice could not have been that poor the whole game, could it have been?
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

goon attack wrote:
theohall wrote:My only big negative - #25 again. I am not sure how many times he alone turned the puck over this game, but it was probably a very high number. His ability to consistently lose the puck - even on one-on-one match-ups against 4th line players - is killing any opportunities for Berglund and Perron. Put #25 back out there with Arnott. It seems to be the only time #25 actually fights for pucks, makes hard passes, and actually works defensively. May re-watch this game, but it seemed like any time #25 was on the ice, the Canucks would intentionally leave him open so the Blues would pass him the puck. Then, they would get the turnover or force the bad play at either blueline which #25 tends to commit way too often.

I'm starting to wonder if Stewart is just an utter dunce. "Keep it simple" never applied more to a player.

One thing I notice was that Pietrangelo whiffed on a lot of pucks and missed simple passes several times... wtf? The ice could not have been that poor the whole game, could it have been?
Thinking about this - with the number of times Andy Mac just could not finish on scoring opportunities looking like he was whiffing also (being completely not like Andy Mac), maybe it was just piss poor ice for the entire game. Or... the Blues were just tired which did not completely show up until that 3rd period when no one seemed capable of making hard clearing attempts or hard passes.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Both teams had only a handful of quality scoring chances. It's a sign of two good teams knowing it would be a tight game. They scored on one of their flukey un-quality scoring chances, and added a token empty netter.

Get 'em next time, in the Conference Finals.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

California Blues
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by California Blues »

I guess this is sort of stating the obvious, but if last night's game is on home ice, the Blues would've been scoring the empty-netter at the end.

Nobody seems to like home cooking more than the Blues this season. The highest possible seed is going to be critical.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

California Blues wrote:I guess this is sort of stating the obvious, but if last night's game is on home ice, the Blues would've been scoring the empty-netter at the end.

Nobody seems to like home cooking more than the Blues this season. The highest possible seed is going to be critical.
That's because whoever doesn't win the division plays against Nashville in Round 1. Nein danke.