Stewart trade bait?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

tomcat16
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Stewart trade bait?

Post by tomcat16 »

I think trading Stewart now would be idiotic unless some team totally overpaid for him. But you don't sell low. Also, I think we'll see a different guy when we get into the playoffs. I think because the team is doing well he hasn't been digging that deep, but he's got another level and Hitch will get it out of him.

Either that or I'm drinking the Kool-Aid.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I generally agree on it being bad to trade him, but I wouldn't hesitate to include him in a package for somebody we really want.

We'll have to wait to see, but I think Hitch calling him out publicly is going to light a fire under his ass.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote: We'll have to wait to see, but I think Hitch calling him out publicly is going to light a fire under his ass.

It didn't last night when he himself proclaimed he was going to play his best game of the year. Sure he hustled a little here and there, but he still drifted more often then not.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I think, given how well the team is doing otherwise, if Stewart can snap out of his funk at the exact right time (see: the playoffs) I think all will be forgiven. But it's not like they'll win the cup this year so unless he puts on a clinic and pulls them through all the way to the finals, I don't see him spending an extraordinary amount of time in St. Louis in the future.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote: We'll have to wait to see, but I think Hitch calling him out publicly is going to light a fire under his ass.

It didn't last night when he himself proclaimed he was going to play his best game of the year. Sure he hustled a little here and there, but he still drifted more often then not.
Yeah, but Rome wasn't built in a day. He was better. And, so long as he continues playing better each game than the game before, he should eventually be productive again. Of course, I'm viewing this on the extreme optimism side of the spectrum, so I very well could be disappointed.

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote: He was better. And, so long as he continues playing better each game than the game before, he should eventually be productive again.
And one day you might be able to grow a playoff beard. But we don't have time for you to hit puberty.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

thedoc wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote: He was better. And, so long as he continues playing better each game than the game before, he should eventually be productive again.
And one day you might be able to grow a playoff beard. But we don't have time for you to hit puberty.
Shit, I hope not. I hate shaving.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

cardsfan04 wrote:
thedoc wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
Shit, I hope not. I hate shaving.
I didn't realize cardsfan was Oshie?
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Re: Stewart trade bait?

Post by theohall »

cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Yeah, but Rome wasn't built in a day. He was better. And, so long as he continues playing better each game than the game before, he should eventually be productive again. Of course, I'm viewing this on the extreme optimism side of the spectrum, so I very well could be disappointed.
Better?? The Blues might as well have been a man short when he was on the ice outside of one shift.

It is a testament to Arnott and Sobotka's skills that #25's lack of effort was not really noticed.

(edited to remove the name - he does not deserve to have a name, yet)
Last edited by theohall on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Send him to Peoria for a couple weeks.

Okay, this actually isn't a legitimate possibility. But the press box certainly is.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Re: Stewart trade bait?

Post by theohall »

theohall wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Better?? The Blues might as well have been a man short when he was on the ice outside of one shift.

It is a testament to Arnott and Sobotka's skills that #25's lack of effort was not really noticed.
And I forgot to add he can't kill penalties and is useless on the power play. Remember the two power play goals the Blues had last night in 3 chances. Guess who was not on the ice? Yes.... it was #25

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Didn't someone say earlier that Stewart wanted to go back to Colorado? What the hell is up with that? Is his mommy waiting in Denver with her (Franking) tits all ready for him to suckle on? Jettison this pansy immediately. What a freaking waste of talent.

Hey, Stewbaby- the Avs got the hell rid of you and you want to go back? Grow the hell up, floater.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Let's pile on a little more....

#25 was on the ice for the 4th goal and only the 4th goal today. The Blues have scored 9 goals in 2 games and he has been on the ice for 2 of them. Did he get an assist on either goal or did he do anything significant to contribute to the goal scored? No. Waste of space. Move his ass in a package with Bishop.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Bishop and Stewart for Parise and Andy Greene.

DO IT LEEERRRRRYYY!!!!!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

ohio BLUES wrote:Bishop and Stewart for Parise and Andy Greene.

DO IT LEEERRRRRYYY!!!!!
And since its the Devils I'll throw in the next 5 years of 4th round draft picks to sweeten the pot, if Parise resigns with us (over a 3 year deal).
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Completely useless on the ice today. A defensive liability. His teammates know it. Look at how they try to cover for him. Bench his ass.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

I had to listen to Sunday's game in the car, but Chase and Kerbs blamed one goal and two big chances on Stewart's 'uninspired' play.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

I blame Stewy's play on his sponsor.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

You know me... I'm always willing to defend a guy who'll drop 'em. I've defended BJ, Winchester, and every other dude who fights... but the other part of it, is that they hustle and seem to care. Stewart shows neither. I think he's hustling a little more, which may be a good sign, but his head isn't screwed on right. He's showing all the classic signs of being an absolute flake.

Did his girlfriend/boyfriend stay behind in Colorado or something? Is he wonewy?

Memo to Stewart: you are a highly-paid professional (and we pay your salary); franking act like one, you pansy. :x
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

The biggest kick in the junk is that he was the supposed to be the 30-40 goal guy we're looking for now. If Stewart were playing like he did last season after coming here, this team would be nearly unstoppable now.