Stewart Suspension.....3 Games

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Stewart Suspension.....3 Games

Post by theohall »

gaijin wrote:From watching the video, it seems to me that Kronwall was still pretty far away from the boards when Stewart shoved him, and he didn't even shove him all that hard. A lot of emphasis was made that Kronwall was in a defenseless position, which I don't think is completely true either.
When Kronwall stopped, his skate caught in the ice, so when Stewart hit him, Kronwall couldn't do anything other than try to turn his body to avoid hitting the boards square on his head. Just a case of circumstances and Stewart playing through it, instead of taking a different angle to avoid hitting him that way. Tough situation, but the league doesn't want those types of hits.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

theohall wrote:
gaijin wrote:From watching the video, it seems to me that Kronwall was still pretty far away from the boards when Stewart shoved him, and he didn't even shove him all that hard. A lot of emphasis was made that Kronwall was in a defenseless position, which I don't think is completely true either.
When Kronwall stopped, his skate caught in the ice, so when Stewart hit him, Kronwall couldn't do anything other than try to turn his body to avoid hitting the boards square on his head. Just a case of circumstances and Stewart playing through it, instead of taking a different angle to avoid hitting him that way. Tough situation, but the league doesn't want those types of hits.

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can really argue the suspension, it was pretty fair.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

DaDitka wrote:
theohall wrote:

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can really argue the suspension, it was pretty fair.
Chaser mentioned there is a way to stop the hit when an opponent sees them stop with that skate dug in. You bear hug the opponent and ride him into the boards, instead of just hitting him and letting him go. The problem - that's a holding penalty under the new rules. No easy way out.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

theohall wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
theohall wrote:

Chaser mentioned there is a way to stop the hit when an opponent sees them stop with that skate dug in. You bear hug the opponent and ride him into the boards, instead of just hitting him and letting him go. The problem - that's a holding penalty under the new rules. No easy way out.
I guess I'd rather take the 2 minute minor instead of a 5 minute major and 3 game suspension.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

[youtube][/youtube]

I think this Shanaban was fair.

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

I think it's stupid that they take into consideration whether the player was injured or not.

Regardless, the hit looked dirty when I saw it and I knew immediately he'd be suspended. If anything, I'm pleased that it's only 3 games.