Lucic hit

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Lucic hit

Post by cardsfan04 »

Winning Unlimited wrote:Suspension: Two games for tootoo
I just saw that. But, I don't really think that should have been a suspension. Oh well, Tootoo is a goon, so he probably deserves it for something else over the course of his career.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Tootoo is a little weasel who should be euthanized... but I don't think that hit deserves a suspension.

It's like a make-up call for the Bruins after the Lucic hit. Stupid.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Funny thing is that I was talking to a waiter at a restaurant near the arena in Nashville, and he was saying that Tootoo is the nicest guy on the team. Says he tips like 50% every time. :lol:

rbochan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rbochan »

Only in the NHL would a player get suspended more games for using the term "sloppy seconds" in an interview than for an illegal hit.
...Rob
The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

In this case, I agree with the suspension. He ran over the goalie in the crease. While the Bobby Orr shot is nice, he isn't in the crease or diving over the crease at all. He is falling over/jumping/diving/whatever because the Blues D-man, one of the Plagers I believe, tripped him. Tootoo just barreled into the goalie in the crease. Jumping over Ryan Miller while going through his crease????? [Bill Cosby's Noah voice]RRRRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhhhhtttttt!!!!!!![/voice]
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Ruutu15 wrote:Funny thing is that I was talking to a waiter at a restaurant near the arena in Nashville, and he was saying that Tootoo is the nicest guy on the team. Says he tips like 50% every time. :lol:
Pfft... That's not just the tip. That's all he's got.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.