Kyle Wellwood

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Leafaholic99
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Kyle Wellwood

Post by Leafaholic99 »

Wellwood is now on waivers, I haven't heard anything besides the rumour of him signing with the Blues, did he now sign?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

BARF

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

How about just giving Reaves and McRae more icetime and seeing what happens? Why do we need this fat slob on the team?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

I can't imagine they would sign him without a physical intended to ensure he's in game shape. Then again, this is the Blues, and we didn't seem to care about Tkachuk's lousy condition when we traded for him in 2001.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

glen a richter wrote:How about just giving Reaves and McRae more icetime and seeing what happens? Why do we need this fat slob on the team?
So long as they don't overpay him and give him a 2way contract, I think having an extra option is better than not having an extra option.

I like the potential of those 2 guys as much as the next guy. But, they've played less than 10 NHL games combined. It is impossible to point to their play so far and say they will be consistent. That's everybody's gripe w/ most of the under-producing forwards. Nobody dislikes Boyes because he doesn't have the skill set to succeed. People dislike him because he only demonstrates that he has it occasionally.

Reaves has had a great start w/ goals in back to back games. But, there was an element of right place, right time to them. And, McRae has been awesome on faceoffs, and we clearly need help there. But, it's only been a few games. I'm sure there are some Cards fans here who remember Bo Hart. Had an insane start to his MLB career, and was out of baseball within a few years because he wasn't good enough.

Basically, I'd rather see the Blues go out and get somebody and try their luck with them, than to keep those two up here playing limited ice time when they could be developing in Peoria with more ice time.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

sloppy seconds

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

cardsfan04 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:How about just giving Reaves and McRae more icetime and seeing what happens? Why do we need this fat slob on the team?
So long as they don't overpay him and give him a 2way contract, I think having an extra option is better than not having an extra option.

I like the potential of those 2 guys as much as the next guy. But, they've played less than 10 NHL games combined. It is impossible to point to their play so far and say they will be consistent. That's everybody's gripe w/ most of the under-producing forwards. Nobody dislikes Boyes because he doesn't have the skill set to succeed. People dislike him because he only demonstrates that he has it occasionally.

Reaves has had a great start w/ goals in back to back games. But, there was an element of right place, right time to them. And, McRae has been awesome on faceoffs, and we clearly need help there. But, it's only been a few games. I'm sure there are some Cards fans here who remember Bo Hart. Had an insane start to his MLB career, and was out of baseball within a few years because he wasn't good enough.

Basically, I'd rather see the Blues go out and get somebody and try their luck with them, than to keep those two up here playing limited ice time when they could be developing in Peoria with more ice time.
2 way contract doesn't work, he missed the AHL deadline becasue he wasn't signed by Dec. 15 or 18th. So he either produces in the NHL or he sits in the press box. McRae is doing good, but won't be hurt by being sent down.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Kyle1512 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

2 way contract doesn't work, he missed the AHL deadline becasue he wasn't signed by Dec. 15 or 18th. So he either produces in the NHL or he sits in the press box. McRae is doing good, but won't be hurt by being sent down.
Ahh, didn't realize that rule. Sitting in the press box works too though I guess. He's not a young player who needs ice time to develop. He either is good enough to play for us, or he isn't. If he's not, I don't care if he sits in the press box or plays in Peoria. Makes no difference other than pay, I suppose.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I don't think this is something to get upset over. Low risk move here. People want front office moves, here's one. There aren't going Marian Gaborik types floating around the waiver wire.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Is Valari Bure available?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Wellwood is a fu**ing loser. Signing him would be a huge mistake.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I have to agree with Goon here, not for the same reasons, but I still do. Just let McRae and Reaves do their thing with increased ice time. Does it occur to anyone that by having guys logging 5 minutes a game, it just increases the ice time for other guys who aren't contributing jackshit and they might perform better with slightly less ice time while Reaves and McRae might surprise with more ice time? I see no reason why Reaves can't be the next Walt-type, score 20-25 goals a season prowling around the front of the net, and I see no reason why McRae can't pot 20 either, given ice time. Wellwood's presence just takes away time and chances for these guys when they should be developing for a permanent spot next season.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Reaves and McRae will come back to earth the more they play this year. Not that they can't be good further down the road, but not yet.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

On the contrary, I don't think McRae has quite been given the chance to show what he can do. His minutes are half what they should be.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

While Wellwood has been a disappointment at times, veteran play is lacking on this roster right now. He won in Vancouver and played under some pretty big d*ckhead fans, so he knows what it takes.

If he doesn't work out, put him on waivers. I don't have a problem with this move. We need something to help us.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

veteran play is lacking on this roster right now
Then why not bring Petr Cajanek back? He had better career numbers that Fatwood. Oh wait, he sucked. just because we've never had Tubwood doesn't mean he's worth a shit.

This is a horrible, desperate move. Why not bring Tkachuk back and keep the culture of whining losing going full throttle? Good god this is horrible, this move.

I was psyched on this team all year. Now I (Franking) hate this bullshit team once again. I don't want a single loser on this roster. Fatwood is a loser.

:facepalm:

And what is the point about this clown in Vancouver? He put up Winchester numbers in Vancouver. The guy (Franking) sucks.

Memo to the Blues:

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Berglund is also a loser. Add Janssen, and you have a bonafide loser line!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Add Boyes to that list. Maybe throw him on D with Brewer and then you can start all 5 of those losers.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Don't know too much about this guy except that he is a fatass.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

This is a great time to be a Blues fan!

:facepalm: