Single Game Ticket Prices Announced

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Single Game Ticket Prices Announced

Post by strocklen083 »

Press Release - http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=533081
Price Chart - http://blues.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63084

:aaaa:

5 pricing tiers: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Value. Quite a departure from anything we've seen in the past. That's for sure!

Suddenly that $6 increase for the Mezz High End season tickets doesn't look so bad to some folks when looking at the Platinum, Gold, and Silver single game ticket prices. Looks like they're trying to get back on par with the rest of the league.

The only thing I really have a gripe about is that 20% of the schedule has single game ticket prices lower than the STH average. But that's across the board for all tiers, so I'm sure they'll be fielding lots of complaint calls later today. But when looking at it from an overall stand point, you're still saving money in the long run. It just makes it MUCH more difficult to recoup any $$$ for the low end games you can't/dont' want to attend.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Single Game Ticket Prices Announced

Post by cprice12 »

8 home games are listed as "Value" games where you can buy an Upper Mezz. ticket for $10.
That's quite a deal.

HOWEVER...
...if you want to watch Chicago or Detroit...you're gonna have to loosen the purse strings a bit. Those same $10 seats are $45 under the Platinum tier...which is mainly against Chicago and Detroit.

I never thought it would cost me $90.00 IN ST. LOUIS for my wife and I to sit in the Upper Mezz. for a game against the Hawks. :aaaa:

I guess this would be the year for me to resume splitting a season ticket plan with a few guys. Upper Mezz. season tickets are only $16 per game.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

It's pretty annoying actually. I'm not really able to go to many games, and the idea of paying way more for weekend games and games against rivals is pretty annoying.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

cprice12 wrote:8 home games are listed as "Value" games where you can buy an Upper Mezz. ticket for $10.
That's quite a deal.
Now that I've mulled it over I think this is actually a brilliant move. It makes a few games extremely affordable for a family of 4 to come see a game. Most families know their kids just want to come to the game. They don't typically care who they see.
cprice12 wrote: HOWEVER...
...if you want to watch Chicago or Detroit...you're gonna have to loosen the purse strings a bit. Those same $10 seats are $45 under the Platinum tier...which is mainly against Chicago and Detroit.

I never thought it would cost me $90.00 IN ST. LOUIS for my wife and I to sit in the Upper Mezz. for a game against the Hawks. :aaaa:
I'm still skeptical about this move. It's still cheap compared to the rest of the league but good gawd $45 is a HUGE jump! I'm just not sure the casual St. Louis fans are ready to pay minimum $45 to get in the building for a game like that. I guess they figure those games sell out no matter what so why not jack up revenue. I guess I can't blame them for trying to maximize ticket sales while capitalizing on their known commodities. Either way I'm glad I took the plunge and got locked in for the STH prices because I don't think I could stomach $90 for a single game no matter the opponent!

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

The gap between value and platinum is way to big. I can see a bit of a premium for premium games, but we're talking 3 to 4 times increase. That's just nuts.

All it's going to do is make me go to fewer games. Not that I go to many anyway.
Last edited by kodos on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

strocklen083 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:8 home games are listed as "Value" games where you can buy an Upper Mezz. ticket for $10.
That's quite a deal.
Now that I've mulled it over I think this is actually a brilliant move. It makes a few games extremely affordable for a family of 4 to come see a game. Most families know their kids just want to come to the game. They don't typically care who they see.
cprice12 wrote: HOWEVER...

I'm still skeptical about this move. It's still cheap compared to the rest of the league but good gawd $45 is a HUGE jump! I'm just not sure the casual St. Louis fans are ready to pay minimum $45 to get in the building for a game like that. I guess they figure those games sell out no matter what so why not jack up revenue. I guess I can't blame them for trying to maximize ticket sales while capitalizing on their known commodities. Either way I'm glad I took the plunge and got locked in for the STH prices because I don't think I could stomach $90 for a single game no matter the opponent!
I used to split season tickets with three other guys. I may get back in on that gig. I don't know if I have enough free time to attend 10 games, but I could definitely attend five or six I think. So I could sell 2 games (4 tickets) from each of the Gold and Silver packages worth $35 & $25 each at the gate...I paid $16...and I'd sell them for $30 & $20 each.
That would knock $200 off of the $320 I paid for my portion of the season tickets.

So that means the remaining $120 for six games (12 tickets) breaks down to $10 per ticket....which is $6 cheaper per ticket than I initially paid and is the same price as the value games at the gate, but I get to see two platinum games, two bronze games and two value games.
I probably couldn't make it to more than 6 games anyway...hell, six may be pushing it.

Nice deal.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

cprice12 wrote:I used to split season tickets with three other guys. I may get back in on that gig. I don't know if I have enough free time to attend 10 games, but I could definitely attend five or six I think. So I could sell 2 games (4 tickets) from each of the Gold and Silver packages worth $35 & $25 each at the gate...I paid $16...and I'd sell them for $30 & $20 each. That would knock $200 off of the $320 I paid for my portion of the season tickets.

So that means the remaining $120 for six games (12 tickets) breaks down to $10 per ticket....which is $6 cheaper per ticket than I initially paid and is the same price as the value games at the gate, but I get to see two platinum games, two bronze games and two value games.
I probably couldn't make it to more than 6 games anyway...hell, six may be pushing it.

Nice deal.
Good idea. I'll have to sit down and structure mine out like that. I bought the full season knowing I won't be going to every game. But I'd like to sell a few of the platinum games and recoup some of my costs at least. We'll see...

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

The Blues added Jaro Halak and soon Perron and the youngsters are gonna wanna get paid. Can't really complain about this... just find some guys to go in on season tickets with you and you're set.

BUT... three platinum games in October? :lol: :lol: Half of the building will be out of towners or empty if the Cardinals are in the playoffs. :detsucks:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

I understand, blah blah blah. But......
After swearing I was canceling my tix after 20 years, I found someone to commit to 10 games and decided to keep my tix one more year. Remember, perception may not be everything, but it is a lot.
so, I swallowed a 60% price increase and 33% more worthless preseason games. Now, Joe Jerkoff off the street can buy tix to 20% of the games $6 per seat cheaper than me, and 20% of the games at my cost. Seems kinda shitty to me. And I have to sell my ticket partner on why she is gonna pay $16 for a $10 ticket. Same thing with selling tix on the Blues website. Not really in the mood to lose money on them.
Once again, the same perception that they shit on their best customers, just like 2 fer Tuesday while I pay for all my tix, and all the people showing up with coupons for free food and drinks that I don't get.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Leedog wrote:I understand, blah blah blah. But......
After swearing I was canceling my tix after 20 years, I found someone to commit to 10 games and decided to keep my tix one more year. Remember, perception may not be everything, but it is a lot.
so, I swallowed a 60% price increase and 33% more worthless preseason games. Now, Joe Jerkoff off the street can buy tix to 20% of the games $6 per seat cheaper than me, and 20% of the games at my cost. Seems kinda shitty to me. And I have to sell my ticket partner on why she is gonna pay $16 for a $10 ticket. Same thing with selling tix on the Blues website. Not really in the mood to lose money on them.
Once again, the same perception that they shit on their best customers, just like 2 fer Tuesday while I pay for all my tix, and all the people showing up with coupons for free food and drinks that I don't get.
60% = $6. Get over it man. You were getting cheap tickets in the first place. Now they just aren't as cheap as you were used to.

As for selling your ticket partner on the pricing... She's paying $16 for the $10 game so that she doesn't have to pay $45 for a Chicago/Detroit game. You're still coming out ahead in the long run. It's all about filling seats when necessary ($10 games) and maximizing profits on guaranteed sell-outs ($45 games).

I wouldn't expect to see a whole lot of BOGOs this year. That's why the tickets to those games are so cheap. Rather than running promotions to fill $20 seats they just cut the price and don't have to lose any extra $$$ on free hot dogs and shit.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

The system is too complicated. They need less tiers or something.

2 or 3 would be easier to swallow... with less of a gap between them.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

I vote for a random number generator, with third-generation alpha and beta factors baked into a complex linear regression formula that will determine which spot on a four-dimensional matrix you pick to determine the seed and multiplier applied to said random number generator.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Thanks for the middle finger blues!!
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

That's why I haven't re-upped yet. It's obvious that you really get played with that deal.

$45 per ticket to be surrounded by drunk Detroit and Chicago fans? WHERE DO I SIGN UP? :roll:
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:That's why I haven't re-upped yet. It's obvious that you really get played with that deal.

$45 per ticket to be surrounded by drunk Detroit and Chicago fans? WHERE DO I SIGN UP? :roll:

Well, isn't that why you should re-up? So that you will only be paying $16 to sit by those drunk Detroit and Chicago fans?

These new ticket prices seem like they actually benefit season ticket holders who get all games for $16, rather than $10-$45 for all of them. I can't say I know that for fact, as I have only glanced over the new tier system. That's not to mention that the Blues are like bottom third in the league as far as ticket prices. If people don't get season tickets because they don't feel like the organization is putting out a worthy team then alright, but I don't feel like these prices are outrageous by any means, especially for STH.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.