GDT: 2010 NHL Draft

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: GDT: 2010 NHL Draft

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Get into flashchat you knobs!
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

hullisgod wrote:
northwest dave wrote:They like him on TSN. Always unsure about Russians.
Apparently this guy has a Ovechkin "Russian" mindset in that he really wants to win a cup. Supposed to be built like a tank as well.
hearing that made me happy.

hullisgod
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by hullisgod »

glen a richter wrote:Keep on dealing, Army, we'll get Bjugstad and Etem yet!
Think someone will take Brewer and/or Jackman? :lol:

hullisgod
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by hullisgod »

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

hullisgod wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Keep on dealing, Army, we'll get Bjugstad and Etem yet!
Think someone will take Brewer and/or Jackman? :lol:
Phoenix at 22.

Jackman and a later pick for the 22nd, draft whichever Bjugstad or Etem is still available.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Represented by Mike Liut...so that can't be bad.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Get into flashchat you knobs!
Who's in there?

AlessandroSerenRosso
Prospect
Prospect

Post by AlessandroSerenRosso »

Tarasenko at 15th is a steal imho. Here you have his profile at russianprospect.com
http://www.russianprospect.com/vladimir-tarasenko

cawkaroach
Rookie
Rookie
Location: From a city named after a Saint dubbed Louis. In Amsterdam/Leiden, The Netherlands for University

Post by cawkaroach »

Nice move to get Tarasenko, he's ranked #4 overall in the draft by the ISS.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Tarasenko had just as good of numbers in the KHL during this draft year as Ovechkin had in his, but Tarasenko did it in 10 less games.

Ovechkin:

2003-04 Moscow Dynamo Russia 53gp 13g 10a 23p

Tarasenko:

2009-10 Novosibirsk Siber KHL 42gp 13g 11a 24p

..Just saying...
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

So this doesn't sound too bad...

Source: http://www.thescoutingreport.org/7-vlad ... ng-report/
The Scouting Report wrote: Date of Birth: December 13th, 1991
Height: 6.00
Weight: 175lbs.
Shoots: L
Season Statistics: Regular Season | 42GP 13G 11A 24P 18PIM - Playoffs | n/a
TSR Midterm Rank: 7 | Position Rank: 4th Forwards | League Rank: 1st KHL | Country Rank: 1st Russia

One player who could very well be on par with Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin is Russian winger Vladimir Tarasenko who has quietly built his acumen with a stellar season in the KHL this past year. In a draft crop laced with some of the most promising Russian prospects in recent memory, Tarasenko headlines the crop of talented young players and could prove to be one of the top players in the draft.

Tarasenko has decent size, but is one of the most potent offensive players in the draft. He’s a good skater, with excellent acceleration and has the ability to reach top flight extremely quickly. His hands are excellent, making him very good in one on one situations, and his shot power and accuracy are comparable to the best players in the draft. Adding to the positives, he also competes hard, especially for a Russian, and is willing to battle for the puck to win battles.

This combination of skills allowed Tarasenko to be a very effective forward in the KHL this year despite only being 17 years old for the first portion of the season. He saw a lot of quality time playing for Sibir, and managed to improve considerably on his numbers from a year ago. Tarasenko increased his goal totals from 7 to 13, his assists from 3 to 11, and his points from 10 to 24. Having the opportunity to log significant minutes in the second best league in the world was a huge asset for his development as the opportunity to play against other professionals every game allowed him to gain experience of playing the game in a similar environment to the NHL.

While the KHL is definitely a platform to gain some strong experience for a young player, it also inevitably works against them as well as it increases concerns about a player’s signability. This will no doubt be the case with Tarasenko, who could have potentially contended for a Top 5 pick, but might be resigned to sliding into the late portion of the Top 10, or even into the teens. Tarasenko will play in the KHL next year, barring an unforeseen circumstance, but there is documentation that he does intend to cross the pond at some point in the future to bring his game to the NHL when the time comes. Even still, you can bet that teams will be concerned about the risk associated with him, and it will certainly deter most of the lottery teams from making a play for him.

His story will be one of the interesting ones to follow on draft day, as he could slide like the late Alexander Cherepanov, or be a Top 10 pick as his talent would indicate. While Tarasenko does still have some work to do on his complete game, he’s shown a lot of maturation and his offensive skills and impressive play on the international stage cannot be overlooked. As I mentioned before, it wouldn’t be a surprise to say the least to see him as one of the premier players from this crop when things are all said and done.

Pros: Shooting, Acceleration, Deking

Cons: Complete Game, The Russian Factor

Skillset comparison: Alexander Radulov

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

glen a richter wrote:There better be some kind of trade in the works to get somewhere in the next two picks and draft Etem or Bjugstad, or I'll be at the airport ready to send off Jarmo and be rid of his sorry ass. What the hell was that all about? Jaden Schwartz? May the Schwartz be with us? What the frick???
Oh I didnt know you were a professional NHL scout these days, its been a while since I've been around. So you know that Etem or Bjugstad are the players we needed to get? I bet it was tough to come to that conclusion reading lists of players rated by someone who talked to someone else who rated players.

When Campbell, Fowler, and Gormley went the three picks before the Blues it ended my opinion on the draft. I have absolutely no idea how any of these players did, but the last time the Blues went off the board to draft a lesser known American hockey player in the first round it worked out. And if they can get this Russian guy over here, then they just did a helluva job in my opinion. And my opinion means dog shit because I watch hockey from my couch.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

richtedm wrote:
glen a richter wrote:There better be some kind of trade in the works to get somewhere in the next two picks and draft Etem or Bjugstad, or I'll be at the airport ready to send off Jarmo and be rid of his sorry ass. What the hell was that all about? Jaden Schwartz? May the Schwartz be with us? What the frick???
Oh I didnt know you were a professional NHL scout these days, its been a while since I've been around. So you know that Etem or Bjugstad are the players we needed to get? I bet it was tough to come to that conclusion reading lists of players rated by someone who talked to someone else who rated players.

When Campbell, Fowler, and Gormley went the three picks before the Blues it ended my opinion on the draft. I have absolutely no idea how any of these players did, but the last time the Blues went off the board to draft a lesser known American hockey player in the first round it worked out. And if they can get this Russian guy over here, then they just did a helluva job in my opinion. And my opinion means dog shit because I watch hockey from my couch.
Bad day Ted? Want to talk about it?

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
richtedm wrote:

Bad day Ted? Want to talk about it?
I just stopped by flashchat but the only person around was Dooger. We worked it out.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:So this doesn't sound too bad...

Source: http://www.thescoutingreport.org/7-vlad ... ng-report/
The Scouting Report wrote: Date of Birth: December 13th, 1991
Height: 6.00
Weight: 175lbs.
Shoots: L
Season Statistics: Regular Season | 42GP 13G 11A 24P 18PIM - Playoffs | n/a
TSR Midterm Rank: 7 | Position Rank: 4th Forwards | League Rank: 1st KHL | Country Rank: 1st Russia

One player who could very well be on par with Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin is Russian winger Vladimir Tarasenko who has quietly built his acumen with a stellar season in the KHL this past year. In a draft crop laced with some of the most promising Russian prospects in recent memory, Tarasenko headlines the crop of talented young players and could prove to be one of the top players in the draft.

Tarasenko has decent size, but is one of the most potent offensive players in the draft. He’s a good skater, with excellent acceleration and has the ability to reach top flight extremely quickly. His hands are excellent, making him very good in one on one situations, and his shot power and accuracy are comparable to the best players in the draft. Adding to the positives, he also competes hard, especially for a Russian, and is willing to battle for the puck to win battles.

This combination of skills allowed Tarasenko to be a very effective forward in the KHL this year despite only being 17 years old for the first portion of the season. He saw a lot of quality time playing for Sibir, and managed to improve considerably on his numbers from a year ago. Tarasenko increased his goal totals from 7 to 13, his assists from 3 to 11, and his points from 10 to 24. Having the opportunity to log significant minutes in the second best league in the world was a huge asset for his development as the opportunity to play against other professionals every game allowed him to gain experience of playing the game in a similar environment to the NHL.

While the KHL is definitely a platform to gain some strong experience for a young player, it also inevitably works against them as well as it increases concerns about a player’s signability. This will no doubt be the case with Tarasenko, who could have potentially contended for a Top 5 pick, but might be resigned to sliding into the late portion of the Top 10, or even into the teens. Tarasenko will play in the KHL next year, barring an unforeseen circumstance, but there is documentation that he does intend to cross the pond at some point in the future to bring his game to the NHL when the time comes. Even still, you can bet that teams will be concerned about the risk associated with him, and it will certainly deter most of the lottery teams from making a play for him.

His story will be one of the interesting ones to follow on draft day, as he could slide like the late Alexander Cherepanov, or be a Top 10 pick as his talent would indicate. While Tarasenko does still have some work to do on his complete game, he’s shown a lot of maturation and his offensive skills and impressive play on the international stage cannot be overlooked. As I mentioned before, it wouldn’t be a surprise to say the least to see him as one of the premier players from this crop when things are all said and done.

Pros: Shooting, Acceleration, Deking

Cons: Complete Game, The Russian Factor

Skillset comparison: Alexander Radulov
hmmm, this scouting report makes him seem not half bad. And after watching that youtube video I'm pretty excited to see this kid play.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Awesome...now we wait a couple years and see who pans out.

I'm intrigued by the Tarasenko pick. Sounds like we could have a sleeper there.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

question is, when does the Russian make the big leagues?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Lighten up, Darnell. I think most of us are scratching our heads trying to figure out who in the hell Jaden Schwartz is. Others are probably just scratching their asses.

The trade to draft Tarasenko made everything alright though. Kid will be a 100 point per season player.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Berglund could be the next Blues star, or he could be the next Vitali Prokhorov. Equally likely IMHO.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Tarasenko > Ovechkin