Stanley Cup Finals

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Stanley Cup Finals

Post by theohall »

Philly's 3rd goal tonight - some of the worst defense I have ever seen in a Stanley Cup Finals game. Giroux winds up standing alone at the side of the net - essentially behind Niemi - both Hawks defensemen staring at the puck at the blue line while floating the top of the circles. No Hawks forward coming back to help. It's the kind of thing one sees in pre-season play that gets guys cut.

After seeing that, the 'Hawks don't deserve to win anything. Niemi is the only reason they are even in this series.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Yeah I just busted out laughing when I saw that.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Well...needless to say...huge game tonight.

Flyers have to be bursting with confidence after coming back in the previous rounds and doing it again from 2 games down in this series.

If I were a betting man, my money would definitely be on Philly right now (even though I picked Chicago in the LGB Playoff Pick'em Challenge). Chicago hasn't really impressed me in this series at all. Niemi has almost been a one man team and is the main reason Chicago hasn't gotten swept.

But Chicago can put themselves in great position to win the series if they can get their heads out of their asses.

I'm pulling for Philly. Screw the Hawks.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

cprice12 wrote:Well...needless to say...huge game tonight.

Flyers have to be bursting with confidence after coming back in the previous rounds and doing it again from 2 games down in this series.

If I were a betting man, my money would definitely be on Philly right now (even though I picked Chicago in the LGB Playoff Pick'em Challenge). Chicago hasn't really impressed me in this series at all. Niemi has almost been a one man team and is the main reason Chicago hasn't gotten swept.

But Chicago can put themselves in great position to win the series if they can get their heads out of their asses.

I'm pulling for Philly. Screw the Hawks.
Aaaaaannnndd.....that's why I don't bet. :?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Philly made some horrendous defensive zone plays and whenever they did, the Hawks capitalized. It's like neither of the teams can play defense worth a damn on the road.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I know I should hate the Hawks, but going into this series I really didn't care a whole lot if they won or not. I don't really like the Hawks or the Flyers. But now my hate for Chicago is growing more and more. My "friends" who will laugh at me if I talk about hockey during the season all a sudden are hockey experts and huge Blackhawk fans. I guess I should have expected this to happen. But gawd dammit this sucks. Isn't the fukkin wagon full yet?
/end rant.

:goblues: ???

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

haha
they are rebuilding. Give em another 6-8 years.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

theohall wrote:Philly made some horrendous defensive zone plays and whenever they did, the Hawks capitalized. It's like neither of the teams can play defense worth a damn on the road.
Yeah, the hawks played great and kept forcing the play. Uncharacteristic of a Q-coached team under pressure.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Welp- there goes my total goal count for the series. :doh:

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

gaijin wrote:Welp- there goes my total goal count for the series. :doh:
I won with the 39th goal of the series. Hello $65. I'm a millionaire! :aaaa:
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

abc789987 wrote:My "friends" who will laugh at me if I talk about hockey during the season all a sudden are hockey experts and huge Blackhawk fans. I guess I should have expected this to happen. But gawd dammit this sucks. Isn't the fukkin wagon full yet?
/end rant.

I don't have the requisite patience level to put all the "++" that this post deserves. God this town blows. I love how hand-passes in your defensive zone are illegal now, and boxing out a forward trying to score on a loose puck in front of the net is intereference. About 10+ drunk old men were screaming at the TV about it and I just sit there shaking my head. At least the bandwagon jumpers identify themselves with their sucktitude of knowledge.

It's good for hockey that more people care in the 3rd largest media market in the United States. That, literally, is where the list of positives about Chicago being in the Cup Finals ends.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
abc789987 wrote:My "friends" who will laugh at me if I talk about hockey during the season all a sudden are hockey experts and huge Blackhawk fans. I guess I should have expected this to happen. But gawd dammit this sucks. Isn't the fukkin wagon full yet?
/end rant.

I don't have the requisite patience level to put all the "++" that this post deserves. God this town blows. I love how hand-passes in your defensive zone are illegal now, and boxing out a forward trying to score on a loose puck in front of the net is intereference. About 10+ drunk old men were screaming at the TV about it and I just sit there shaking my head. At least the bandwagon jumpers identify themselves with their sucktitude of knowledge.

It's good for hockey that more people care in the 3rd largest media market in the United States. That, literally, is where the list of positives about Chicago being in the Cup Finals ends.

Other than you guys like me and think I'm awesome, and will be happy for me when (IF) the Hawks pull it off! :lol: :wink:

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

Ruutu15 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
/end rant.

Other than you guys like me and think I'm awesome, and will be happy for me when (IF) the Hawks pull it off! :lol: :wink:
:hawkssuck: No... Seriously... :hawkssuck:

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Wow. It's game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals, but the officials decide the game should be more like the Smuckers Ice Dancing Festival. Horrible calls all around. Let them play!

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Now that's funny. Perfect ending to the weirdest finals evaarrrr.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

We are officially one of the worst sports towns in the country.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Congrats to Chicago.

I've never seen worst goaltending in a final than these. Just terrible. Funny that Q would win his Cup on terrible goaltending after all those years with the Blues having goaltender after goaltender and never performing up to standard.

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

northwest dave wrote:Congrats to Chicago.

I've never seen worst goaltending in a final than these. Just terrible. Funny that Q would win his Cup on terrible goaltending after all those years with the Blues having goaltender after goaltender and never performing up to standard.
:plusplus:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

The Hossa Curse is over. Boo.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Cheer up, guys! We still have John Davidson's Rascal and the Monday-Night-Then-Game-Seven-Losing Miracle!

:facepalm:
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.