I saw a headline that said "Will Malkin be traded?"

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

I saw a headline that said "Will Malkin be traded?"

Post by glen a richter »

I didn't read the article because I was in a rush, and when I went back online a few hours later, the headline was down. This was on yahoo sports.

Got me to thinking, what would it take to land Malkin? Would we want Malkin?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: I saw a headline that said "Will Malkin be traded?"

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote: Would we want Malkin?
r u fukk1n h1Gh?
:facepalm:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote: Would we want Malkin?
r u fukk1n h1Gh?
Just looking for some offense.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

You misunderstand me. I want Malkin at all costs. That you would ask that question warrants:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
:P

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Are you ok, Goon? You seem out of sorts today.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Johnson, Perron, a well paid vet and a 1st rounder for Malkin.

Yes or no?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

kodos wrote:Johnson, Perron, a well paid vet and a 1st rounder for Malkin.

Yes or no?
No on trading Johnson.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

kodos wrote:Johnson, Perron, a well paid vet and a 1st rounder for Malkin.

Yes or no?
I wouldn't trade Johnson either. It's hard to find a more valuable player than an offensive defenseman that can also play good D. This young team should be built around Johnson.

Perron, Brewer (or Jackman), a first round pick this year and a first round pick next year.
I'd do that, even though I like Perron. But I don't think management would do that out of fear of backlash from the fans over trading away our first round picks.
You gotta give to get...and would we draft anyone as good as Malkin with either of those picks? Probably not.

HOWEVER...
Instead of trading away commodities for Malkin, why not put together a nice offer for Kovalchuk? Sure, he'd cost a ton, but you'd get to keep Perron and your draft picks.

So what would you rather have? Trade away Perron, Brewer and two first round picks to get Malkin....OR...keep Perron, Brewer, the two first round picks and sign Kovalchuk?

If they want to acquire Malkin, they should just go after Kovalchuk and overpay for him instead. The team would be MUCH better now and in the future.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

A-Yo!
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by A-Yo! »

Do the Blues need to even trade Perron?

Why not trade the leader of the team, the CAPTAIN, the former Calder winner, one of the Blues top players on the farm and the next top two draft picks? Brewer, Jackman, Eller and two first rounders for Malkin who will walk in a year anyway. He needs a team where he can be THE man and not playing under another's shadow.

That being said, going for IK isn't a bad thing!

The team I think the Blues should be on speed dial for trade scenarios Washington. Even as bad as Jackman and Brewer are, they are better than their best defensemen.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote:Are you ok, Goon? You seem out of sorts today.
If me wanting a large, elite center who plays with an edge and has a track record for solid playoff numbers = "out of sorts", so be it.

8)

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

A-Yo! wrote: Brewer, Jackman, Eller and two first rounders for Malkin who will walk in a year anyway.

This.

DO IT LEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NEW GUY.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

It's hard to tell with you sometimes, Goon. I mean, Dave Schultz was probably too pansy for you.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

glen a richter wrote:It's hard to tell with you sometimes, Goon. I mean, Dave Schultz was probably too pansy for you.
You just don't pay enough attention... how many flame wars have I been in here defending Pierre Turgeon? Plenty. Demitra too.

Every team needs a few pansies to put the biscuit in the basket. It's when their pansiness starts rubbing off on the rest of the roster ala Tkachuk telling Jackman not to fight that I'm going to go Chernobyl.

Turgeon and Demitra, while pansies, are old school enough to know when the shit hits the fan, you grab somebody and do what needs to be done and you certainly don't promote pussing out like Tkachuk did.

There's a big difference there and that's why Tkachuk never captained any team to jack squat.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

goon attack wrote:
Turgeon and Demitra, while pansies, are old school enough to know when the shit hits the fan, you grab somebody and do what needs to be done and you certainly don't promote pussing out like Tkachuk did.

There's a big difference there and that's why Tkachuk never captained any team to jack squat.
Except of course the 1987 "Punch-Up in Piestany" at the World Juniors. Turgeon was the only player on the roster to not drop the gloves, even while teammates were being double-teamed. You should read Theo Fleury's book...he talks about wanting to choke Turgeon for that, but it's really interesting cover to cover.

Here's the Wikipedia entry about the brawl as it pertains to Turgeon...

"Among the Canadians, only two players were not suspended: Jimmy Waite and Pierre Turgeon. Waite felt he could not risk being ejected for fighting under the belief that the game would resume, and that the Canadian backup goaltender, Shawn Simpson, was injured. Steve Nemeth would later apply for early reinstatement arguing that he was not fighting, but trying to help break the players apart. Many of their teammates never forgave Waite and Turgeon for failing to defend their teammates. In the words of Everett Sanipass: "I'm looking for someone to help (Stephane) Roy out and I look over at the bench. There's this dog Turgeon, just sitting there, with his head down. He wouldn't get his ass off the bench ... just sitting there when everyone's off the Soviet bench and at least one of our guys is in real trouble getting double-teamed."

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

well that's just unacceptable.

:x

who does he think he is... dan f*kken quinn?

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

goon attack wrote:
A-Yo! wrote: Brewer, Jackman, Eller and two first rounders for Malkin who will walk in a year anyway.

This.

DO IT LEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NEW GUY.

The only problem is no one wants Brewer or Jackman, you would actually have to give up more in a trade to get someone to take their contracts off your hands.

In other words, if they would take Eller and two first rounders, you'd have to throw in a third first rounder if you want them to take both Brewer and Jackman off your books.

Besides, they already said they were not going to pay someone top dollar and the ownership crap will make sure that doesn't happen.

This teams BIG free agent moves will be signing DP, EJ, and Mason.

My big move will be not renewing my season tickets.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

The next time Turgeon tried to fight he got knocked out cold by a guy that didn't come up to his chin. It was one of the funniest hockey fights I have ever seen.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

TheoSqua
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by TheoSqua »

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3 ... alkin.html is the article that started the discussion.
Official LGB Sponser of 10 year old signatures:

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:The next time Turgeon tried to fight he got knocked out cold by a guy that didn't come up to his chin. It was one of the funniest hockey fights I have ever seen.
Did it beat Alexander Semin's bongo-drums impersonation? No pun intended...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Tony Hrkas: 5'10" 170lbs
Pierre Turgeon: 6'1" 200lbs

Turgeon, out like a light.

Video

you can decide for yourself which is funnier, aode.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman