Teh Daves Pain error is here!!!!!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Teh Daves Pain error is here!!!!!

Post by stlbluz »

deadphish wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
deadphish wrote:
cprice12 wrote:Regardless of the retarded thread title that I didn't even know what the hell it meant at first...
This better be a tongue in cheek compliment aimed at my wit. If not, well you are a poo poo face.
You are a "Dug Waitz" face.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Payne will be judged by me and many others on if he can put together a strong first half of the season. Murray wasn't ever able to get this team going over the first 40 games.
That's my biggest question too. We all know the team responded under each coach in the 2nd half.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Does teh Atomic Dog feel Daves Pain?

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

glen a richter wrote:That's the lazy way out. John Tortorella is about to become re-available and they're going to miss the boat again.

I like Payne and all, and I'm sure he can do wonders with the kids given a full camp and full season to do it, but Torts has teh :cup: already.
Tortorella has a cup because TB had an older team. There's no way kids would respond to his style of coaching. Whether that's a good or bad thing is another debate. He's Mike Keenan part 2, only far more abrasive. Personally, I don't like Tortorella, and think he's very overrated. He won a cup in Tampa because he had a group of veterans who were in a position to win it despite of him, and a solid goalie in Khabby.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Get rid of the chumps and this team should be fine.
Of course, they still need some skill.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:Get rid of Kariya, Brewer, Jackman, Winchester, Janssen, Crombeen, Sydor, D'Agostini and Boyes and this team should be fine.
Of course, they still need some skill.
Fixxxed.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Sounds about right

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:Get rid of Kariya, Brewer, Jackman, Winchester, Janssen, Crombeen, Sydor, D'Agostini and Boyes and this team should be fine.
AND BRING BAKC TEH DUGG WAITZ!!!!!!!1111

Ok, now fixxxed.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

23-15-4 record even after losing his first 3 aint bad at all...just imagine a full offseason of practice looking good.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

STLADOGG wrote:23-15-4 record even after losing his first 3 aint bad at all...just imagine a full offseason of practice looking good.
Yeah, but we said that last year too.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Prngr44 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:23-15-4 record even after losing his first 3 aint bad at all...just imagine a full offseason of practice looking good.
Yeah, but we said that last year too.

Exactly.

Now Payne may do a fine job, but if anyone doesn't think money played into this decision simply isn't paying attention.

The organization is still paying Murray not to coach next year, so the last thing they were going to do is go out and pay someone alot to coach.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Get rid of Winchester and Crombeen? No way.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

gaijin wrote:Does teh Atomic Dog feel Daves Pain?
teh ATOMIC DOG feels no "payne"!! If you think otherwise, yo ass must be crazy!
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

goon attack wrote:Get rid of Winchester and Crombeen? No way.
Winchester? Yes, please. Crombeen? Keep.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

If I had to pick one, I'd pick BJ. I'd keep both though.

I would also never in a million years get rid of King. He scares people. Low was a really good fighter but I'm not sure he was feared. King has those crazy eyes and that's always helpful. DJ is the closest to the Twister we've had since Twist.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:If I had to pick one, I'd pick BJ. I'd keep both though.

I would also never in a million years get rid of King. He scares people. Low was a really good fighter but I'm not sure he was feared. King has those crazy eyes and that's always helpful. DJ is the closest to the Twister we've had since Twist.
:plusplus:

He also has the potential to score more than zero points in a season, like one Cam Janssen.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I appreciate Cam but yeah, he's pretty useless. It's too bad because he's only useless because of his size; he just can't fight the big boys with any effectiveness. King is a true heavyweight and those aren't always easy to come by. He seems like a good team guy too. I'm sure Cam is, but with wheels that bad, he's pretty expendable.

And I think Winchester could score if he got more ice time. Since my boycott has been in effect since Tkachump was on the team, I have not been to any games... is Winchester any good defensively? If he is at all, keep him. He's big and tough. I'd try to work him in on a scoring line and see what happens. He could at least open up some ice for two talented linesmates. Is his skating just horrid? It seems okay on tv.

Crombeen is willing but can't really inflict any damage with his fists. He seems to have a little skill though.

I just always think we should keep guys willing to mix it up who have any skills at all.