Latest Strickland

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Latest Strickland

Post by stlbluz »

DaDitka wrote:Sure we've got defense out the ass, but nothing in the way or forwards.
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see some of our prospects/current D get traded this summer, though I don't know which teams are lacking D that have anything we might need.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

DaDitka wrote:That's why I really thing they should look into making Pie a forward.
Petro may be able to play offense, but he doesn't play like a forward. I don't think that is an option. Junland can play wing and knows to go to the net, I don't really see that when I have seen Pietrangelo play.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:That's why I really thing they should look into making Pie a forward.
Petro may be able to play offense, but he doesn't play like a forward. I don't think that is an option. Junland can play wing and knows to go to the net, I don't really see that when I have seen Pietrangelo play.
I cannot for the life of me, fathom why they didn't recall Junland as a forward this season and ditch someone else. He scores double digits from the blueline, he should be able to score double digits as a forward, even shifting to the NHL.

And I'm starting to trust JD and Co. less in their decision making skills because I cannot for the life of me understand why guys like Sydor got to stick around post-Murray.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

What is the deal with Perron/Berglund always being mentioned as expendable or rumored to be moved? The logic just doesn't seem to be there. Replace Perron with Lars? What does that do exactly? You seem to be treading water; actually you're taking a step back because you're losing a guy with experience and proven ability for a n00b. I guess it depends on who you get in return for Perron but it still doesn't make much sense.

It makes way more sense to keep Perron and replace Janssen/King/Winchester/Crombeen with Lars...having all 4 of those guys on one roster is ridiculous.

It's time to clean house. Those 4 guys above, Brewer, Jackman, KT, Kariya, Sydor (wtf? why is this guy even allowed to play?) can all go away for all I care. Boyes is close to joining that group...
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

ViPeRx007 wrote:What is the deal with Perron/Berglund always being mentioned as expendable or rumored to be moved? The logic just doesn't seem to be there. Replace Perron with Lars? What does that do exactly? You seem to be treading water; actually you're taking a step back because you're losing a guy with experience and proven ability for a n00b. I guess it depends on who you get in return for Perron but it still doesn't make much sense.

It makes way more sense to keep Perron and replace Janssen/King/Winchester/Crombeen with Lars...having all 4 of those guys on one roster is ridiculous.

It's time to clean house. Those 4 guys above, Brewer, Jackman, KT, Kariya, Sydor (wtf? why is this guy even allowed to play?) can all go away for all I care. Boyes is close to joining that group...
:plusplus:

How many more goals per game could they score if even 2 of those guys were replaced by guys who can actually score goals? That would be worth something. Keep King and Crombeen, sack Cam and Winchester. If their goals per game don't rise, at least the team average IQ will.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote: How many more goals per game could they score if even 2 of those guys were replaced by guys who can actually score goals? That would be worth something. Keep King and Crombeen, sack Cam and Winchester. If their goals per game don't rise, at least the team average IQ will.

Simply replacing Cam with Eller would have put us in better position to make the playoffs. Got to resign King though. There are still times when you need an enforcer and he brings that, and he's a better hockey player then Cam.

The problem is Cam brings nothing (save apparently energy to the crowd) he can't check to save his life, he can't handle a puck, and he's below average fighter. He's a walking turnover, takes dumb penalties, and a complete liability in the offensive end.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote: I cannot for the life of me, fathom why they didn't recall Junland as a forward this season and ditch someone else. He scores double digits from the blueline, he should be able to score double digits as a forward, even shifting to the NHL.

My only guess there is because he's struggled so much the second half of the season. He had nearly 70% of his production by the all start break. I can't really follow them that closely, but I know he had 9 of hi 14 goals at the break and I've read two separate articles about him struggling since then.

I've heard a lot of people who follow Peoria say that we'd be best served to see if we ca get anything for him in a trade (mostly callers on radio shows, so take that for what it is, but they've seen a lot more of him then we have).

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

I think the only one out of the "Viper 4" that merits being retained is Crombeen. Yes, he's not going to put the puck in the net, but he's an effective defender and above-average penalty killer. More Scott Pellerin than Blair Atchynum.

Winchester, OTOH, is expendable--IMO doesn't bring anything to the offense or the defense, other than when he's out on the ice, other players can rest.

Cam: :rolleyes: please.
DJ: If you need a tough guy on the roster, fine. He can at least pretend to play the hookies.

And I say keep Perron at all costs. He will have a breakout year if he's paired consistently with other offensive-minded players. He's not that far away from putting it all together. Let him do that for us as opposed to for some other team.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

fargoblues wrote:I think the only one out of the "Viper 4" that merits being retained is Crombeen. Yes, he's not going to put the puck in the net, but he's an effective defender and above-average penalty killer. More Scott Pellerin than Blair Atchynum.

Winchester, OTOH, is expendable--IMO doesn't bring anything to the offense or the defense, other than when he's out on the ice, other players can rest.

Cam: :rolleyes: please.
DJ: If you need a tough guy on the roster, fine. He can at least pretend to play the hookies.

And I say keep Perron at all costs. He will have a breakout year if he's paired consistently with other offensive-minded players. He's not that far away from putting it all together. Let him do that for us as opposed to for some other team.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Perron and Backes are just over 150 shots. Time for someone to be punched in the balls.
Shoot the f'n puck!
Berglund is even worse.
You wanna score 30 or more goals? gonna have to shoot it over 200 times.
and look who is 5th on the team in shots. 18 more than Perron.... yep, EJ.

getting rid of Jackman/Brewer and bringing up Pie might help that.
The Blues have sucked shit all year at moving the puck into the O zone.