Season Tickets Poll

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Will you purchase a ticket package next year?

I had tickets and will renew.
14%
I didn't have tickets but will purchase them.
No votes
I had tickets and won't renew.
28%
I didn't have tickets and don't plan on buying any.
24%
I plan to renew but will scale back.
3%
Aode is a tool.
31%

Total votes: 29

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Season Tickets Poll

Post by SteveO »

I know we've got a thread discussing STHers for next year, but I was looking to quantify it with a poll.

By "tickets" let's say anything higher than a 10 game pack.

If you mods want to just tack a poll on to the existing thread that's fine by me.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Season Tickets Poll

Post by DaDitka »

Like I've said before, It going to hurt to drop all that extra jack, but I got to renew. There's simply so much you miss when a guy with a camera decided what you you get to see and what you don't.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

I live out of state, so I had to go with the last option. :wink:

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

As I have stated, I will not renew for the first time since '90-'91. Not only a 60% increase/seat, but a forth worthless preseason game we have to purchase. All for a sub .500 home team. Plus the girl I share my tix with is bailing too. So I would go from 22 games at $20/game to 45 games at $32/game. Sorry Diamond Dave.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Out of state so hello Center Ice again.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Prngr44 wrote:I know we've got a thread discussing STHers for next year, but I was looking to quantify it with a poll.

By "tickets" let's say anything higher than a 10 game pack.

If you mods want to just tack a poll on to the existing thread that's fine by me.
The Aode is a tool option is skewing your results. Just sayin'.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I would buy season tickets if...

I had large sums of money to commute the 1000 miles back and forth every game day, plus the expense of the tickets. If I did have all that money, I probably would get season tickets because it would be a foregone conclusion that I didn't need to work ever again.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

I got a 10 game pack and bought several other tickets through out the season. And unless they do a 10 game pack where the prices are the same for next year I wont be going to a lot of games.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I was shocked how cheap a Blues game is when I went a couple years back and sat down in 113. Unbelievably affordable.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

glen a richter wrote:I was shocked how cheap a Blues game is when I went a couple years back and sat down in 113. Unbelievably affordable.
And that's the thing. Checketts and Co. took it in the hindquarters for a few years in ticket pricing. They were losing money, but gained back fans. Tickets are still cheap compared to other teams and other leagues. I get why season ticket holders are upset in the bump in price, but at the same time, ownership was unbelievably generous to us for the last 4 years and we were paying pennies compared to top teams in the league.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I was shocked how cheap a Blues game is when I went a couple years back and sat down in 113. Unbelievably affordable.
And that's the thing. Checketts and Co. took it in the hindquarters for a few years in ticket pricing. They were losing money, but gained back fans. Tickets are still cheap compared to other teams and other leagues. I get why season ticket holders are upset in the bump in price, but at the same time, ownership was unbelievably generous to us for the last 4 years and we were paying pennies compared to top teams in the league.

This, sure 16 dollars in a 60% increase, but it's still got to be one of the cheapest tickets in the league. As long as ownership spends the cash on the team, I'm OK with it. Not happy obviously, but OK.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

This, sure 16 dollars in a 60% increase, but it's still got to be one of the cheapest tickets in the league. As long as ownership spends the cash on the team, I'm OK with it. Not happy obviously, but OK.
Try Rangers season tickets. I don't know how much, but I know it's too much when 1/2 of MSG is filled with suits from Wall Street entertaining clients and they don't show up til well after the opening face off. And in spite of all the money they charge to fill the garden (because they know they can get away with charging that) they still only have one cup in the past 70 years.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Am not renewing. Called my ticket guy to let him know and he did not seem to care. In fact, I think he (Angelo) is there for the paycheck. He has done nothing to keep me interested in anything. I hear others get emails and calls on a regular basis from their ticket rep. Angelo just said ok thanks for letting me know and see ya later.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

VictorManthing
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by VictorManthing »

philco_3 wrote:I got a 10 game pack and bought several other tickets through out the season. And unless they do a 10 game pack where the prices are the same for next year I wont be going to a lot of games.
Our ten game pack (mezzanine high end) went from $16 per game this season (ice-your-price deal) to $18 a seat next season. I was worried it was going to be more. Our group is renewing again, in fact, I think we already have. That way we could get the discounted playoff tickets. :wink: :okman: :roll:
Let's Go Blooze!!!

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Guppy wrote:Am not renewing. Called my ticket guy to let him know and he did not seem to care. In fact, I think he (Angelo) is there for the paycheck. He has done nothing to keep me interested in anything. I hear others get emails and calls on a regular basis from their ticket rep. Angelo just said ok thanks for letting me know and see ya later.
I had a thought about this today. How many games have sold out? At least 3/4 of the games. I don't think they care if people like me (and I think Guppy), the former $10/seat people, cancel. I mean, if they keep them at $16, fine. If not, they think, they will have people lined up to pay the $22 or $27 gate price for them and come out miles ahead. Good luck. I didn't tell them to keep expanding the number of cheap seats like they did.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Leedog wrote:
Guppy wrote:Am not renewing. Called my ticket guy to let him know and he did not seem to care. In fact, I think he (Angelo) is there for the paycheck. He has done nothing to keep me interested in anything. I hear others get emails and calls on a regular basis from their ticket rep. Angelo just said ok thanks for letting me know and see ya later.
I had a thought about this today. How many games have sold out? At least 3/4 of the games. I don't think they care if people like me (and I think Guppy), the former $10/seat people, cancel. I mean, if they keep them at $16, fine. If not, they think, they will have people lined up to pay the $22 or $27 gate price for them and come out miles ahead. Good luck. I didn't tell them to keep expanding the number of cheap seats like they did.
I think around 30 or so of the games have sold out if not more. I have already went in with somebody who is renewing his seats and will get 8 games from him. With all the other promotions they do around the holidays and the end of the year, it will not be that hard to go to games. There is also the student and military nights that I can take advantage of.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

I just upgraded from a 10 game pack to a full season. They had enough folks call in and cancel in the Mezz End High category that my ticket rep gave me a rundown of what's available.

I realize a lot of you guys are pissed about your tickets going up by $6 a game. But seriously, that's only another $250 bucks! You can't find season tickets to most any other major professional sport for $16 a game. Plus, this has been said before. But if you want to be able to go out and sign guys like Kovy or who ever else might be available, then you need to be willing to buck up.

Wulfen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wulfen »

I am renewing my tickets because why not. I have nothing better to do. In regards to ticket reps, I have never spoken to my ticket rep and I have had season tickets for 10 years. I hear other people getting club seat upgrades for a game or fan packs from their ticket reps but I have not seen any of this stuff.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Didn't you guys have a chance to "ice your price" by renewing early? Are you all just upset that you procrastinated and have to pay more?

If I can ever find a job back home I will gladly pay whatever for season tickets.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

that was last year