EJ is a cool dude

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

EJ is a cool dude

Post by DaDitka »

After the game last night I took my daughter and nephew down to get some autographs. I stood back and watched, but when I saw EJ I climbed over because I really wanted his autograph and didn't have it yet. The only problem was I didn't have anything for him to sign. So as he made his way down the line and to me I simply downed my can of Natural Light and handed it to him. At first he complained because it was an empty can, but he agreed to sign it as long as I brought him a full one the next time.

I don't usually bug these guys, but it sure is cool that they are this real unlike many other sports stars.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: EJ is a cool dude

Post by glen a richter »

Why would a well compensated professional hockey player want to drink crap like Nattie Light?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Or he actually has a sense of humor.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Shouldn't this go in the redneck thread??

:lol:

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

glen a richter wrote:Why would a well compensated professional hockey player want to drink crap like Nattie Light?
You're talking about a college aged kid in St. Louis, MO (you know, the home of A-B products). I would be more worried if he DIDN'T want a Natty.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Prngr44 wrote:Shouldn't this go in the redneck thread??

Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

richtedm wrote:
glen a richter wrote:Why would a well compensated professional hockey player want to drink crap like Nattie Light?
You're talking about a college aged kid in St. Louis, MO (you know, the home of A-B products). I would be more worried if he DIDN'T want a Natty.
I would think that he might have better taste than to drink that watered down shit. However, since St. Louis is evidently hugely proud of the lousy beer that is made there, I can understand the defense of it.

Just sayin...

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote:
richtedm wrote:
I would think that he might have better taste than to drink that watered down shit. However, since St. Louis is evidently hugely proud of the lousy beer that is made there, I can understand the defense of it.

Just sayin...
You go enjoy two or three of your microbrews with your flipped up collars (please not the 's' as to indicate plural).

I'll enjoy my $14 30 pack of Natty.

If I only drank a couple beers here and there and cared what people thought of me, I'd drink that overpriced heavy crap and look 'sophisticated'.

I'm an underpaid, hardworking, father of two supporting a family of four on a single income. I buy my beer by the 30 pack and my Rum buy the handle and I'm at the liquor store more then three times a week.

I think I'll enjoy my Natty Light just fine.

P.S. Do you stick your pinky finger out while you take a drink of your 'better' beers?

Oh, and 4 of the top 5 selling beers says a little something about something.

Just sayin...

Actually, I don't give a sh*t what anybody drinks as long as they're drinking their own sh*t and not mine. And the good news is when we see each other in the bar and take turns buying rounds, you'll save money because the beer you buy me will cost less then the beer I buy you.

:goblues:

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

DaDitka wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
richtedm wrote:

Just sayin...
You go enjoy two or three of your microbrews with your flipped up collars (please not the 's' as to indicate plural).

I'll enjoy my $14 30 pack of Natty.

If I only drank a couple beers here and there and cared what people thought of me, I'd drink that overpriced heavy crap and look 'sophisticated'.

I'm an underpaid, hardworking, father of two supporting a family of four on a single income. I buy my beer by the 30 pack and my Rum buy the handle and I'm at the liquor store more then three times a week.

I think I'll enjoy my Natty Light just fine.

P.S. Do you stick your pinky finger out while you take a drink of your 'better' beers?

Oh, and 4 of the top 5 selling beers says a little something about something.

Just sayin...

Actually, I don't give a sh*t what anybody drinks as long as they're drinking their own sh*t and not mine. And the good news is when we see each other in the bar and take turns buying rounds, you'll save money because the beer you buy me will cost less then the beer I buy you.

:goblues:
For $2 more, I can get a 30 of Labatt.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote: For $2 more, I can get a 30 of Labatt.
Canadian beer suck eh! :lol:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Natty Light is franking piss water. Anybody who drinks that shit is a fookin' pansy.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

goon attack wrote:Natty Light is franking piss water. Anybody who drinks that shit is a fookin' pansy.
Major plus plus with teh goon. :plusplus:

Larry Platt
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Larry Platt »

goon attack wrote:Natty Light is franking piss water. Anybody who drinks that shit is a fookin' pansy.
+++ If you gotta drink cheap shit, at least drink cheap shit with a little flavor like PBR.

Better yet, instead of pounding down a dozen watered down beers, why not drink 2 or 3 good beers like an Imperial Stout at 11% ABV and get the same buzz for roughly the same cost?

And this is coming from a "redneck" that lives in Fenton, not some poppped collar homo that lives in Ladue.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Larry Platt wrote:
And this is coming from a "redneck" that lives in Fenton, not some poppped collar homo that lives in Ladue.
:okman:

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Let the man drink what he wants. It's a free country, for the time being.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'm not a beer snob by any means. I can knock out an oatmeal stout or a malt-heavy brew, but because I like it, not because I give a shit what the broad at the end of the bar sees me drinking. I'll drink a Budweiser or Natural Light any time without complaining. Hell, I just bought a case of Bud Select yesterday...to replace the one I knocked out 3 days ago.

My favorite two kinds of beer are cold and free.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Ruutu15 wrote:
My favorite two kinds of beer are cold and free.

See, not all Hawks fan are ra-tards.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

so in sum, it took a FRANKING HAWKS FAN to come in here and agree with you

BEER SNOBS FOR TEH WINNAR!

:grin:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

Ok Larry next time the DaDitka and I get to Fenton we will show you what a good beer is. Or you can come to DaDitka's house for my birthday. I think last year he and I almost made it through the third 30 pack.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

Larry Platt
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Larry Platt »

thedoc wrote:Ok Larry next time the DaDitka and I get to Fenton we will show you what a good beer is. Or you can come to DaDitka's house for my birthday. I think last year he and I almost made it through the third 30 pack.
If you two make it out to Fenton, the beer will be MY treat. Hell, maybe I'll be generous and get something out of the cellar and let you try some really, really good beer.

I've got a few '08 Goose Island Bourbon County Stouts that I've been holding on to for a special occasion.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a total beer snob. I drink the shit out of PBR and Miller High Life when I'm on float trips.