GDT: Blues vs. Whoever at WheneverPM, 3-28-10

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT: Blues vs. Whoever at WheneverPM, 3-28-10

Post by gaijin »

philco_3 wrote:The Blues are string their hopes of playoffs for another day.
Today is that other day, even though the Blues don't play tonight.

Colorado vs. Anaheim and Phoenix vs. Calgary have just as much impact on our playoff hopes as our own games. :aaaa:

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

gaijin wrote:
philco_3 wrote:

Colorado vs. Anaheim and Phoenix vs. Calgary have just as much impact on our playoff hopes as our own games. :aaaa:

I think they put it well on the pre-game last night. The BIGGEST factor is that Colorado can not win more then 2 games. If they do, we're done no matter what we're dead. LA needs only 3 more points and Detroit only 1 to reach the maximum points we can get.

If that doesn't damper your spirits, this might, Colorado has 7 games left.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Stop looking at the numbers. It's not worth the effort. The season is over.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

kodos wrote:Stop looking at the numbers. It's not worth the effort. The season is over.

He said it better then I. :okman:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

DaDitka wrote:
kodos wrote:Stop looking at the numbers. It's not worth the effort. The season is over.

He said it better then I. :okman:
But no. THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

If the Blues win the last 6 games they still only have a 28% chance of making the playoffs.

If they lose one game in OT and only get 11 of the 12 points the chance of making the postseason drops to 7.5%.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/West ... Blues.html

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

kodos wrote:If the Blues win the last 6 games they still only have a 28% chance of making the playoffs.

If they lose one game in OT and only get 11 of the 12 points the chance of making the postseason drops to 7.5%.

Is that counting on the Avs to lose all of their games too?
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

kodos wrote:If the Blues win the last 6 games they still only have a 28% chance of making the playoffs.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Wrong thread you silly geese...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

stlbluz wrote:

Is that counting on the Avs to lose all of their games too?
I'm pretty sure that site takes every remaining game, runs through every possible outcome of every remaining game (giving equal possibility to a win or loss, regardless of record) and then tells you in what percentage of those possible outcomes your team will make the playoffs. So the 28% chance is also contingent on the Avs losing the correct number of games. There is a 28% chance the Avs will blow it if the Blues win 6 of 6. That's what it is saying.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

kodos wrote:There is a 28% chance the Avs will blow it if the Blues win 6 of 6. That's what it is saying.
So your telling me there's a chance.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

philco_3 wrote:
kodos wrote:There is a 28% chance the Avs will blow it if the Blues win 6 of 6. That's what it is saying.
Absolutely! We'll get to the final 'must win' game & one of our defensemen will turn the puck over with 8 seconds left to cinch 9th place.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
Absolutely! We'll get to the final 'must win' game & one of our defensemen will turn the puck over with 8 seconds left to cinch 9th place.
Jackman or Brewer? :D
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

philco_3 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
Are you putting aside the freak chance of an unholy alliance mutating the two into a no-hustle turnover machine?

PS 38.4% if we win out now....

... I don't know if my heart can take this..
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

philco_3 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
It'll be either Weaver or Polak. Then, in a horrible twist of fate, the culprit will be traded straight up for a goon type enforcer and both Brewer and Jackman will get extensions into 2015. Heads will roll in the front office, as there will be a clash between real fans who understand the value of Weaver and Polak and faux fans who think Jackman and Brewer are the best thing since sliced bread. New GM Doug Armstrong won't know which group he wants to please, so he'll resign, Mike Keenan will be interviewed for (and accept) the position, he'll fire Payne, name himself lifetime coach/gm, oversee a 99% turnover of the current roster, and set us back another 43 years. But it's ok, because in about 15 years he'll execute a trade to get a visibily unhappy, fading Alex Ovechkin who will play a handful of games before hightailing it to a big market team in the offseason.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

glen a richter wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
It'll be either Weaver or Polak. Then, in a horrible twist of fate, the culprit will be traded straight up for a goon type enforcer and both Brewer and Jackman will get extensions into 2015. Heads will roll in the front office, as there will be a clash between real fans who understand the value of Weaver and Polak and faux fans who think Jackman and Brewer are the best thing since sliced bread. New GM Doug Armstrong won't know which group he wants to please, so he'll resign, Mike Keenan will be interviewed for (and accept) the position, he'll fire Payne, name himself lifetime coach/gm, oversee a 99% turnover of the current roster, and set us back another 43 years. But it's ok, because in about 15 years he'll execute a trade to get a visibily unhappy, fading Alex Ovechkin who will play a handful of games before hightailing it to a big market team in the offseason.
:shock:

I just threw-up a little, kept it down though. Thanks.

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

glen a richter wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote:

Keenan touches this team again and I'll take the hit myself, how many years for murder again?

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

sseagle wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote:

Keenan touches this team again and I'll take the hit myself, how many years for murder again?
If this is your first offense? Could maybe take a plea deal and take some years off your time. Or they could always just send you straight to death row. I don't know....do you have Mike Danton's number? He might know. :grin:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

dmiles2186 wrote:
sseagle wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
philco_3 wrote: So your telling me there's a chance.

If this is your first offense? Could maybe take a plea deal and take some years off your time. Or they could always just send you straight to death row. I don't know....do you have Mike Danton's number? He might know. :grin:
Well I don't really know if sealed juvenile records would count against a murder charge, but it would be worth it.