Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: ...

Post by stlbluz »

UNIONDALE, N.Y. – Over the Olympic break, Blues forward T.J. Oshie decided it was time for a change, so he trimmed up his wild hair.

“It’s something new . . . I wanted to cut it for a while now,” Oshie said. “I almost cut it in training camp last year. Just kind of a new look.”

Oshie’s hair is MUCH shorter, but that’s not all. It’s curly and it’s not natural curls. He got a perm.

“I literally had a perm,” he said. “My hair is still a little curly.”

How does Oshie like it?

“The old hair will be back,” Oshie said. “I don’t like it.”

He’s not the only one. Needless to say, this did NOT go unnoticed in the dressing room.

“Oh yeah, they’ve been on me for a while now,” Oshie said. “I don’t remember who it was, but I had someone ask me if I felt I was getting old, so I cut my hair to look like I’m 17 again.”

Fortunately for Blues’ fans, the cut hasn’t slowed down his production. Going into tonight’s game against the Islanders, Oshie has four points (2 goals, 2 assists) since the break and now has 20 points (8 goals, 12 assists) in his last 22 games. This after recording 20 points in his first 39 games of the season. Put it together and Oshie now has 15 goals and 25 assists, giving him 40 points, which is tied with Andy McDonald for the Blues’ lead in points.

“It feels great to get some points rolling in,” Oshie said. “I think my success is in direct correlation with how the team does. I think my best game of the year this year (at Calgary, Jan. 25), I didn’t even have a point in the game. When we’re winning, I’m feeling great. I just kind of feed off it. I feed off other guys’ shifts and I just try to keep it going.”

Head coach Davis Payne said Oshie has always possessed the ability.

“When he’s on the puck, defending hard, killing penalties, he can have an impact on the game,” Payne said. “But he’s also got the ability to make some thing happen. I think him and David (Backes) and Paul (Kariya) have found some pretty good chemistry on that line, and points are a product of everything put in. It’s the battle level, defensive responsibility, where we attack from . . . I think those three guys are a pretty good match.”

As far as Oshie’s haircut . . .

“Ha ha,” Payne said. “I don’t get into that too much. If he can handle the internal pressure from the room, they can do whatever they want with their hair.”
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

A perm, TJ? Really? :facepalm:

Murray would not approve.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

ATOMIC DOG doesn't give a crap. Sign him long term.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

EN4CR
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by EN4CR »

I have to be honest. If anyone else ever took a picture like that I would have to yell out "DOUCHE" but when I see him I can't help but laugh.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

EN4CR wrote:I have to be honest. If anyone else ever took a picture like that I would have to yell out "DOUCHE" but when I see him I can't help but laugh.
:plusplus:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

He should have done a fundraiser with this. You know, for 5 dollars everybody who comes to the Complex on a certain night can snip off part of his hair while TJ sits there shirtless or something. Maybe get some oil involved.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

goon attack wrote:He should have done a fundraiser with this. You know, for 5 dollars everybody who comes to the Complex on a certain night can snip off part of his hair while TJ sits there shirtless or something. Maybe get some oil involved.
Wow... did you really just mention "The Complex?" How do you know what that is? Trying to tell us something?
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
goon attack wrote:He should have done a fundraiser with this. You know, for 5 dollars everybody who comes to the Complex on a certain night can snip off part of his hair while TJ sits there shirtless or something. Maybe get some oil involved.
Wow... did you really just mention "The Complex?" How do you know what that is? Trying to tell us something?
Looks like goon attack is going soft on us. Talking about a hockey player and not mentioning blood and teeth flying in the air??? Someone must have stolen his login and password.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
Wow... did you really just mention "The Complex?" How do you know what that is?
How do you know what it is?

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

goon attack wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
Umm...... My girlfriend is bi.... yea, that's what it is.

Actually, my friends played a trick on me once and took me there telling me there was lots of hot women that hang there. I went in with them, went straight to the bathroom and they left and went to the Landing. I was so terrified when I realized what it was that I froze at the bar and asked for a cab's number. The bartender laughed and said, "another scared straight guy..."

Needless to say my friends are now all dead.

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

I think he's sexy hot... :roll:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
Umm...... My girlfriend is bi.... yea, that's what it is.

Actually, my friends played a trick on me once and took me there telling me there was lots of hot women that hang there. I went in with them, went straight to the bathroom and they left and went to the Landing. I was so terrified when I realized what it was that I froze at the bar and asked for a cab's number. The bartender laughed and said, "another scared straight guy..."

Needless to say my friends are now all dead.
Why can't you just admit that you're a homosexual? We're pretty open minded here. You go to the Complex. Big deal.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

goon attack wrote:Why can't you just admit that you're a homosexual? We're pretty open minded here. You go to the Complex. Big deal.
I wish I was... it would have been an easier excuse.