So... what are we supposed to do until Thursday?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: So... what are we supposed to do until Thursday?

Post by kodos »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:Also, GM meetings began today, so start your speculation.

The big topic is head injuries. I heard of some strange playoff format discussions, too.

Teams ranked 1st - 7th advance, with the division winners advancing as 1, 2, 3 seeds. This leaves the 8th spot open.

The proposal was that the final playoff spot in each conference is decided in a single elimination tournament. Here is the format I think they mentioned:

8th v 15th
9th v 14th
10th v 13th
11th v 12th

There would be 3 rounds, or 7 games. There would likely be a reseeding after each game, where the highest ranked team remaining plays the lowest ranked team remaining. The tournament winner is awarded the final playoff seed.
That brings the regular season back to being essentially meaningless.

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

It's over 48 hours until the next game. Shouldn't we start the GDT yet since that worked so well last time?

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

With the GM meetings currently going on, I would rather see them work on a new point system like the Olympics standings and the head hunting. With the head injuries I would like to see hitters get a minimum of 10 games suspended and if the player is out longer they should sit until the injured player comes back. Would also like to see them get rid of the trapezoid and allowing the goalie to play the puck, but the goalies would fair game sort of. The talk about redoing the all-star game where a captain from the east and west choose their teammates. No, no, no. I would rather it be up to the fans to choose the players.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The missus asked me if I wanted to go to the game. I'm kind of torn, because the last time I went to any game was that awful one last year that Mason got shelled by the Isles and I had to hang my head in shame all the way back home. This time, all the way back home is less than a 10 minute drive. I'm right in the heart of Islander country and I don't think I could stomach having to endure that torture again. I think I'll just stay home and watch it.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

glen a richter wrote:The missus asked me if I wanted to go to the game. I'm kind of torn, because the last time I went to any game was that awful one last year that Mason got shelled by the Isles and I had to hang my head in shame all the way back home. This time, all the way back home is less than a 10 minute drive. I'm right in the heart of Islander country and I don't think I could stomach having to endure that torture again. I think I'll just stay home and watch it.
No way man, you got's to go! Reverse the curse! 10 minutes away from the Blues? I'd punch babies to get tickets for that.

Do it for us poor schmucks who don't live remotely close to any pro hockey team, or pro anything for that matter....except rodeo, if you count that.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:The missus asked me if I wanted to go to the game. I'm kind of torn, because the last time I went to any game was that awful one last year that Mason got shelled by the Isles and I had to hang my head in shame all the way back home. This time, all the way back home is less than a 10 minute drive. I'm right in the heart of Islander country and I don't think I could stomach having to endure that torture again. I think I'll just stay home and watch it.
No way man, you got's to go! Reverse the curse! 10 minutes away from the Blues? I'd punch babies to get tickets for that.

Do it for us poor schmucks who don't live remotely close to any pro hockey team, or pro anything for that matter....except rodeo, if you count that.
:plusplus:

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

philco_3 wrote:Make Thursday GDT today? :facepalm:

I would like to bitch slap the person who made this year schedule. We wouldnt have played so many back to back games this year if they would have plugged in games in these 4-5 days off.
Here let me help you with that......lol my bad about that guys that was the first one i've done lol im sure u could tell but yeah my bad.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

STLADOGG wrote:

I would like to bitch slap the person who made this year schedule. We wouldnt have played so many back to back games this year if they would have plugged in games in these 4-5 days off.
Here let me help you with that......lol my bad about that guys that was the first one i've done lol im sure u could tell but yeah my bad.
Last time, you were calling us all fags. Now you feel bad about it? Should have thought about that before you made broad sexuality generalizations.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

glen a richter wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:

Last time, you were calling us all fags. Now you feel bad about it? Should have thought about that before you made broad sexuality generalizations.
well to be fair all I saw was BAN!! BAN!! and I did't do anything that deserved that.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

STLADOGG wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:

well to be fair all I saw was BAN!! BAN!! and I did't do anything that deserved that.
:facepalm:

some people just don't get it.

:lol: :wink:
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The only real solution is to start the next GDT a day late to balance out the universal forces that have aligned against us.