GDT: 3/4/10 -- Blues @ Stars -- 7:30pm FSN, KMOX

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GDT: 3/4/10 -- Blues @ Stars -- 7:30pm FSN, KMOX

Post by cprice12 »

thedoc wrote:We still need a lot of help from the wings, stars and flames and we still have to keep winning. I just hope we can keep it up in colorado, the last few games have been fun to watch. I think last night when we scored our 4th goal I finally relaxed and said that can't blow it now. Then dmiles reminded me of the oilers game in flash chat and I got nervous again.
We don't need help from anyone...we just need to win our games.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

cprice12 wrote:
thedoc wrote:We still need a lot of help from the wings, stars and flames and we still have to keep winning. I just hope we can keep it up in colorado, the last few games have been fun to watch. I think last night when we scored our 4th goal I finally relaxed and said that can't blow it now. Then dmiles reminded me of the oilers game in flash chat and I got nervous again.
I agree with you completely. If the blues win out, they are in. We don't need help from anyone.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

cprice12 wrote:
right on........also, just a note, the blues have one more win that detoit now, what a joke OTL points are. something needs to be done. i like the shootouts, but you shouldn't get jack when at the end of the game, your score is less than your opponent's. they should do a 20 minutes OT, 4 on 4......and here is a novel idea, if you tie, then you don't win....each team gets ZERO points for the game. the reason why they went to OTL points is to ensure that each team doesn't play crap hockey for 5 minutes just to ensure that you get at least a point. i say, if you don't win you don't get crap. either that or play 10 minute OT periods unlimited 4 on 4 until someone scores. who cares is the game goes into 4 OT? i don't, and i'm a paying consumer of the product.

JUST SAYN
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I think they are just too old fashioned to do away with the points system. If they got rid of the point for the OT loss then there would be no reason to make games worth 2 points or to refer to them as points at all.

If they insist on points, they should make each game worth three points, and an OT win would be worth 2 for the winner and 1 for the loser.

Personally, I think they should just bring back ties. I actually liked ties. Call me crazy.

Change OT to a 10 minute 4 on 4 and if that ends, BOOM, it's a tie. The end. 1 point each. If a team wins, they get 2 and the loser gets nothing.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Ties suck. Either play 4 v 4 20 min periods until someone wins or do away with the points for an OTL via the shootout.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

imo, the best fix is the olympic pattern. all games are 3 pts, you win in reg, you get all three. You win in OT or SO you get 2 and your opponent gets 1.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

The Flake
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by The Flake »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:imo, the best fix is the olympic pattern. all games are 3 pts, you win in reg, you get all three. You win in OT or SO you get 2 and your opponent gets 1.
:plusplus:
Remember,
Amateurs built the ark ....
Professionals built the Titanic

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
I agree with you completely. If the blues win out, they are in. We don't need help from anyone.

:cup:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Who are deez guys?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

DaDitka wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

:cup:

Guess that whole ‘control our own destiny thing’ is kind of out the window now.

When you trail teams by more points than are available in head to head matchups then you require help. I don’t know if the makes it a ‘need’ or not……but it is required.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund