no-touch icing in NHL - Yes or No?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: no-touch icing in NHL - Yes or No?

Post by xbleed83bluex »

theohall wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:Lest we forget how gaytarded it was to see Dominik Hasek roam into the corner every time the puck had a chance of reaching him. I'm all for removing the trapezoid, but only if the goalies become fair game to mash into the boards for being idiots.
:plusplus:
Patrick Roy did the same shit and was another reason the rule was created, so...

K - Remove trapezoid, but if the goalie is outside of his crease, he is fair game for being hit like any other player without it being called for interference.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

no, its the NHL......if you can beat your opponent down the ice to prevent icing, then good for you. on a side note, i say give players the option to not wear a helmet.
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

xbleed83bluex wrote:
theohall wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:Lest we forget how gaytarded it was to see Dominik Hasek roam into the corner every time the puck had a chance of reaching him. I'm all for removing the trapezoid, but only if the goalies become fair game to mash into the boards for being idiots.
Patrick Roy did the same shit and was another reason the rule was created, so...

K - Remove trapezoid, but if the goalie is outside of his crease, he is fair game for being hit like any other player without it being called for interference.
That was the rule before but they would call interference anyway any time someone hit a good goalie. They didn't call crap if someone hit an average-to-bad goalie. Refs never enforced it consistently and would almost always call the interference if the goalie were hit during a playoff game. This BS calling of the game led to guys like Hasek and Roy literally holding/skating the puck on the boards and eliminating any forecheck, since they couldn't be touched.

I'd rather have the trapezoid and the goalie not allowed to handle the puck thing we have now. Goalies should be goalies and not defenseman. Go back to the old way and there will be a lot more fans bitching when the refs call/don't call interference.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

keithp40 wrote:no, its the NHL......if you can beat your opponent down the ice to prevent icing, then good for you. on a side note, i say give players the option to not wear a visor.
ftfy
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk