Blues fax list of available players to teams?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Blues fax list of available players to teams?

Post by strocklen083 »

Watching some chatter on Twitter from Bob McKenzie at TSN concerning an fax sent by the Blues to other teams that contained list of available players. Apparently Boyes was on the list and Montreal is interested...

McKenzie has not heard anything regardind this. I'm still trying to track down original source by searching user's timelines. If I have any success I'll post it here.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues fax list of available players to teams?

Post by WaukeeBlues »

So in other words, the fax was a copy of the Blues roster? :P
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Its time to get rid of some of this dead weight on the team, starting with Boyes.

I think moving him or Kariya may wake up a lot of the guys who are under-producing. If they want to stay in St. Louis after this season, they'll need to work for it.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Here's Bob McKenzie's most recent twitter update (I refuse to call them tweets): TSNBobMcKenzie

Have not heard that but Boyes is available as per Blues fax. $4M cap hit stiff for underperformer. RT @persianchiko: Mtl after Boyes?

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Nick Kypreos tweeted that Paul Kariya informed the Blues he has zero interest in getting traded and will not waive his no trade clause. Tkachuk also reluctant.

Goddamn Kariya. If Kariya stays on the Blues and they do not make the playoffs, and if he statistically has a bad season, he can just blame it on current state of the Blues when going after his newest contract.

Maybe I am just way too cynical. But he has been crafty in the past about his contract status and looking at the long view.

He can blame last year on injury and this year on the Blues.
Last edited by SIU LAW on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:Its time to get rid of some of this dead weight on the team, starting with Boyes.

I think moving him or Kariya may wake up a lot of the guys who are under-producing. If they want to stay in St. Louis after this season, they'll need to work for it.

Besides the two mentioned and Bergie..who is under-producing?

Perron, Steen, MacD, TJ,....are all target with their career averages and even career highs with some.

IMO only Boyes is truly under-producing (Bergie as well, but that was based on expectations, not previous performance). If anyone needs a wake-up call it’s management to the fact that this team is dearth of scoring parlous.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Bruce Garrioch: Blues sent out an email offering up Brad Boyes and Carlo Coliacovo.

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Post by BoxCar »

Hope Kypreos is wrong. Kariya could fetch a reasonable return and shouldn't be in STL after this season. Trading Boyes now is a mistake, need to bite the bullet and keep him on a scoring line until he snaps out of the huge slump or truly proves he is a flash in the pan. I feel the former is more likely.
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

now Stickland chimes in to make sure he's part of the conversation:
You wont find too many players on the Blues roser who aren't available. Outside of an Oshie and Johnson u won't find too many others
Well if that was the case then why didn't he just report that earlier? The last few weeks his reporting on trade info as zeroed in on Tkachuk, Coliacovo and Kariya. This is the first we're hearing of Boyes or "anyone outside of Oshie and Johnson" as he puts it.

This isn't surprising in the least. But if he wants to be taken seriously then why sit on this info and not at least get it out there for public consumption? Dumbass...

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Yeah, I think Boyes is in a slump too.

However, the Blues may be trying to clear alot of salary space for this summer.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

strocklen083 wrote:now Stickland chimes in to make sure he's part of the conversation:
LOL @ Bruce Garrioch smacking Strickland a little.

"MY SCOOP! MINE! MINE! MINE!"

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

SIU LAW wrote:
However, the Blues may be trying to clear alot of salary space for this summer.

This, but how will we spend all this jack?

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

DaDitka wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:Its time to get rid of some of this dead weight on the team, starting with Boyes.

Perron, Steen, MacD, TJ,....are all target with their career averages and even career highs with some.

IMO only Boyes is truly under-producing (Bergie as well, but that was based on expectations, not previous performance). If anyone needs a wake-up call it’s management to the fact that this team is dearth of scoring parlous.
Jax, Brewer, Berg (as you said), Polak, Mason.

We all know everyone's feelings on Jax and Brewer, but I feel that Mason's weak goals are a problem and Polak's refusal to play like the big guy he is can be considered under-producing. When it comes to defensemen and goaltender, I consider weak play and weak goals given up as part of production.

I agree with your assessment of management as well. I am one of the believers that this team just really isn't that good. We need some top line guys to be considering a real playoff push.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

ProngerBlues44 wrote: When it comes to defensemen and goaltender, I consider weak play and weak goals given up as part of production.

fair enough, I was looking at it from a points/goals scored point of view.

Agreed that Mason has given up some softies, but I figured he was going to completely blow up so he's actually exceeded my expectations.

Either way, I’m sure we’ll go another direction next year.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

DaDitka wrote:Either way, I’m sure we’ll go another direction next year.
As I'm sure you are, that is something that I am most looking forward to. I really want to see a change in net; I don't think Mason can be a top 'tender for us too much longer, and Conks has proven in his past that he is not much of a top guy. Bishop has faltered in the AHL so what do we do? If Kariya waves his no-movement, I could see us trying to strike up a deal with Vancouver to bring in Schneider. But even if that happens I don't know if he would be ready for the big time. Without any big names going into UFA status, it will be interesting to see if we bring in a goalie at the deadline. I don't see this happening, but it is keeping me at the edge of my seat.

ReelBluesFan887
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ReelBluesFan887 »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Jax, Brewer, Berg (as you said), Polak, Mason.

We all know everyone's feelings on Jax and Brewer, but I feel that Mason's weak goals are a problem and Polak's refusal to play like the big guy he is can be considered under-producing. When it comes to defensemen and goaltender, I consider weak play and weak goals given up as part of production.

I agree with your assessment of management as well. I am one of the believers that this team just really isn't that good. We need some top line guys to be considering a real playoff push.
Apparently i am the only one who isn't upset with Bergie's play, at any point this season, and just see him as going through the sophomore slump. He's needs to develop more before we expect 30+ goals from him. We're paying him like 850K where as we are donating 6 mill to PK. As for Polak, i completely disagree. Polak has been our best defenseman for the past two years, i know that doesn't carry a lot of weight but the guy is amazing at playing shutdown defense. This year he has been playing more offensively by starting the rush and crashing the slot, so i think that he can only get better. I say we trade Jackman for Mckee. We're paying Mckee, might as well have him play for us. Definitely can't say that for Jackman. That guy is about as worthless as Dennis Wideman on the shootout
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of Roman Polak

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

ReelBluesFan887 wrote:Apparently i am the only one who isn't upset with Bergie's play, at any point this season, and just see him as going through the sophomore slump. He's needs to develop more before we expect 30+ goals from him. We're paying him like 850K where as we are donating 6 mill to PK. As for Polak, i completely disagree. Polak has been our best defenseman for the past two years, i know that doesn't carry a lot of weight but the guy is amazing at playing shutdown defense. This year he has been playing more offensively by starting the rush and crashing the slot, so i think that he can only get better. I say we trade Jackman for Mckee. We're paying Mckee, might as well have him play for us. Definitely can't say that for Jackman. That guy is about as worthless as Dennis Wideman on the shootout
Bergs is still my favorite Blue at the moment; I agree that he is having a sophomore slump, but it doesn't mean that I have to be okay with it. I would like to see him bust out of it late in the season.

I was definitely a Polak supporter last season, but he has urked me this season. I just feel that he has taken the Jackman stance on defense; skate the puck up and get it out of the zone, but when the play comes back just block the passing lanes and leave bodies open. While I understand that the Blues' defense isn't a man-to-man type setup and that players in the past have gotten away without being physical (i.e. Al MacInnis), I feel that Polak is the type of guy that needs to have guys be scared of him. I don't think he has done that.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
ReelBluesFan887 wrote:Apparently i am the only one who isn't upset with Bergie's play, at any point this season, and just see him as going through the sophomore slump. He's needs to develop more before we expect 30+ goals from him. We're paying him like 850K where as we are donating 6 mill to PK. As for Polak, i completely disagree. Polak has been our best defenseman for the past two years, i know that doesn't carry a lot of weight but the guy is amazing at playing shutdown defense. This year he has been playing more offensively by starting the rush and crashing the slot, so i think that he can only get better. I say we trade Jackman for Mckee. We're paying Mckee, might as well have him play for us. Definitely can't say that for Jackman. That guy is about as worthless as Dennis Wideman on the shootout
Bergs is still my favorite Blue at the moment; I agree that he is having a sophomore slump, but it doesn't mean that I have to be okay with it. I would like to see him bust out of it late in the season.

Bergie is may favorite as well (see sponsorship) and I still believe he can be an elite scorer. My point was that it was reasonable for the Blues to enter this season expecting more production out of him. IMO only Boyes and Bergie fall in this classification (offensively) so I believe management was did this team and fan bas a great disservice by entering the season with this roster. I think this will be a very telling offseason as to whether JD and company have a clue or not. The just is certainly out on that subject right now.

Oh, and sorry, I’m not going to settle for “We took really strong runs at Gaborik and Kolvlchuk)”.

Get some damn top line talent in her to go with our 10 or so quality role players.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I would add Backes to the underproducing list too. He's on pace for about 18 goals vs. 31 last year. Maybe last year was a career year, but he still needs to put up 20-25 goals for what we're paying him, and I think he's capable of that. Maybe the intense competition in the Olympics helped light a fire under him, we'll see.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:
:plusplus:

And the thing is, it wasn't just a slump earlier. Berglund was a complete shell of himself, he had NO confidence whatsoever. Murray did a number on him and it only got worse when he wasn't producing. He's got the size and the skill set. What I'm impressed with is that he seems to have gained confidence on the puck after Payne came on board. But what concerns me is more the mental side than the physical skills. Many a-talented athlete have been felled by issues between the ears. Don't want to see that happen to Bumps, and part of me wonders if Murray would have stayed around this entire season, he may have ruined Berglund's mental game completely.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb