10-11 Season Ticket Prices

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Re: 10-11 Season Ticket Prices

Post by strocklen083 »

Listen, I've been pondering this whole STH thing for the weekend before weighing in. I've gone a couple of different routes the past few years. First I tried out 1/2 season tickets, then the following year I bought a few five game packs and then took advantage of buy one get ones, etc. This year I went with a 10 game pack and then picked up a few extra games along the way.

Now let me preface this by saying I have a steady job, with few if any major bills compared to the majority of the people my age. But at the same time I don't have a huge salary, so it isn't like I have a ton of entertainment dollars. But I haven't been hesitant in the past about spending large chunks of $$$ on ticket packages. However I want to see this team succeed in the worst way possible and if that means spending a few extra bucks per game, then so be it.

Frankly, a lot of you have been getting off fairly cheap over the past 4-5 season. I read a stat the other day that when the Kiel Center opened in 1994 (1995 really) the tickets you guys were paying $7 for just two season ago cost $25. That's a HUGE difference. Now I know the team isn't nearly as good as it was back then. But the budget is higher even if you throw in inflation! Salaries have risen and so have operation costs. You can't run a team on a shoe string budget forever and expect to be a legit contender for division titles and championships.

I know a lot of you feel like you've been shafted by the ticket sales folks with all their deals and promotions that they've run over the last few years. But that era is most likely over. The team is on the rise, management is likely going to raise payroll and there isn't a need to draw people to the arena anymore. The team is a draw on their own without half price tickets and special promos.

If you want to team to be a serious contender then you need to start paying serious ticket prices. Teams that sell $7-$10 tickets can only put a product on the ice worth $7-$10. Now I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to be a serious contender again...

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I'll be looking to go back to 2 seats (too much pain in the ass getting rid of one ticket) so if any of you folks end up cancelling I'll be looking to get rid of a few games.

Strocklen:

When you throw out that $25 figure, is that the gate price? Season ticket holder price? The current gate price on the cheap seats is $22 or $32 if it' s a premium game. Just curious because the gate prices aren't that far off.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Prngr44 wrote:Strocklen:

When you throw out that $25 figure, is that the gate price? Season ticket holder price? The current gate price on the cheap seats is $22 or $32 if it' s a premium game. Just curious because the gate prices aren't that far off.
Not sure, let me do some research. I think it was STH price, which means gate was probably closer to $30. If I find it I'll post a link or something.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Anyone notice that in addition to the 60% increase some of us are expected to swallow, the amount of preseason games we have to pay for has increased to 4. That's $32 more pissed against the wall.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

Leedog wrote:Anyone notice that in addition to the 60% increase some of us are expected to swallow, the amount of preseason games we have to pay for has increased to 4. That's $32 more pissed against the wall.
That's the one thing I absolutely despise...paying for pre-season games. The team loses revenue on these things because no one goes and they typically end up giving the tickets away for free. Why not just do all pre-season games as exhibition in non-NHL markets? Play a game in Peoria, KC, Des Moines, etc...

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Leedog wrote:Anyone notice that in addition to the 60% increase some of us are expected to swallow, the amount of preseason games we have to pay for has increased to 4. That's $32 more pissed against the wall.
I saw it did say 45 games but did not think of it until I got my stuff in the mail today from the Blues. No wonder the ticket prices went up. The mailer came today and it has players faces all over it and other Blues logos. It comes in a nice folder and other stuff as well. They always came in a plain brown envelope before and there were just letters stuffed into it. They got to pay somebody for putting all this crap together.

Still the same old shit and perks for those that spend lots and lots of money. You can get a gift card to the Blues store only if you spend over 1250 dollars.

There will be a Blue Note Lounge North for the glass seat holders by sections 114/115.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

For the first time in 20 years, I may make JD a prophet and truly be the missing part of the puzzle.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Smart MFs……

When they break it down to a interest free 10 mth payment plan it looks too cheap not to renew.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Snail mail from the Blues club to my house must completely suck.

I ordered Jr. Bluenote Club for my kid at the end of January. Never got my welcome packet and to harass the people to get it taken care of.

Still haven't got my renewal packet either.

:evil:

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

We found it! The missing piece!

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

DaDitka wrote:Smart MFs……

When they break it down to a interest free 10 mth payment plan it looks too cheap not to renew.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders