K. Lehtonen to Dallas

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

K. Lehtonen to Dallas

Post by gaijin »

Vishnevskiy and a 4th rounder to Atlanta.

What becomes of Turco?

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: K. Lehtonen to Dallas

Post by WaukeeBlues »

HE GON'!!!!

Bluenote? :lol:

nothankx

Edit: I really want to see some of these offers that Waddell's been getting. Kovalchuk and Lehtonen, franchise leaders in their positions for a 1st and a 4th, minor leaguers/prospects, and Oduya?

It's not adding up. Those are sh*t trades, IMO.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:HE GON'!!!!

nothankx

Edit: I really want to see some of these offers that Waddell's been getting. Kovalchuk and Lehtonen, franchise leaders in their positions for a 1st and a 4th, minor leaguers/prospects, and Oduya?

What did you expect them to get for Lehtonen? The guy can't stay healthy and has yet to live up to the hype. The only thing dependable about Keri Lehtonen is that he's hurt every season.

And with Kovalchuk, he got a decent return for a soon-to-be UFA. No other team was given clearance to negotiate a deal with Kovalchuk prior to the trade, and Wadell got the best return he was going to get. Oduya is a solid defenseman, and one that NJ is going to miss. At this time last season the return could have been better, but no one is going to line up to trade Patrick Sharp, Anze Kopitar, or Zack Parise for a 2-month rental.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Ruutu15 wrote:

nothankx

What did you expect them to get for Lehtonen? The guy can't stay healthy and has yet to live up to the hype. The only thing dependable about Keri Lehtonen is that he's hurt every season.

And with Kovalchuk, he got a decent return for a soon-to-be UFA. No other team was given clearance to negotiate a deal with Kovalchuk prior to the trade, and Wadell got the best return he was going to get. Oduya is a solid defenseman, and one that NJ is going to miss. At this time last season the return could have been better, but no one is going to line up to trade Patrick Sharp, Anze Kopitar, or Zack Parise for a 2-month rental.
Lehtonen: ehh, okay, I can see your point but he's still a phenomenal goalie.

Kovalchuk: Let's be realistic. Every year at the trade deadline you get players that are being traded from crap teams to good teams, typically those that are the final year of their contract. Right? Okay, why is Kovalchuk ANY different? He's one of the best players in the league, dynamic, and has a ton of years left. Good years. I'm just surprised he fetched so little. Maybe all GM's are tightening the strings since Marian Hossa taught everyone loyalty can be bought but in recent memory such big names have gone for more.

Just sayin...

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Would anyone want to see Turco in a Blues jersey? I think he deserves a second chance, and the Blues are looking for a starter for next season...
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

ProngerBlues44 wrote:Would anyone want to see Turco in a Blues jersey? I think he deserves a second chance, and the Blues are looking for a starter for next season...
No.

Well, on second thought hell no.

If a guy isn't good enough to be #1 for a team in your conference, he's not going to be a consistent #1 net minder for you either.

I don't even want a flier on him.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
ProngerBlues44 wrote:Would anyone want to see Turco in a Blues jersey? I think he deserves a second chance, and the Blues are looking for a starter for next season...
No.

Well, on second thought hell no.

If a guy isn't good enough to be #1 for a team in your conference, he's not going to be a consistent #1 net minder for you either.

I don't even want a flier on him.
We took a chance on Jim Carey!

Oh, wait... that wasn't a good argument...
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:

nothankx

Kovalchuk: Let's be realistic. Every year at the trade deadline you get players that are being traded from crap teams to good teams, typically those that are the final year of their contract. Right? Okay, why is Kovalchuk ANY different? He's one of the best players in the league, dynamic, and has a ton of years left. Good years. I'm just surprised he fetched so little. Maybe all GM's are tightening the strings since Marian Hossa taught everyone loyalty can be bought but in recent memory such big names have gone for more.

Just sayin...
You're right, Lehtonen has the potential to be a phenomenal goalie, but the chances that he ever achieves that potential are getting smaller every year. So far he's been mostly hype and a lot of injury.

Everyone knew that Kovalchuk wasn't going to re-sign in Atlanta, especially after the terms of the rejected contract were made public. If he didn't accept the last contract that Atlanta offered, he was never going to re-sign. That, coupled with the fact that Wadell wouldn't allow potential suiters to talk future contract with Kovalchuk prior to trade, the return wasn't going to be spectacular. You're never going to replace Kovalchuk in a trade skill-wise, but Wadell got the best return he could possibly get. Would you give up a proven top-6 forward/top 4 defenseman, a draft pick, and another roster player for a player who's barely played one meaningful game in his career?

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

[quote="ProngerBlues44"]

We took a chance on Jim Carey!

alllllllllllllllllllllllllllriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhty then!!!!!!!!!!!
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Ruutu15 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:

nothankx

Just sayin...
You're right, Lehtonen has the potential to be a phenomenal goalie, but the chances that he ever achieves that potential are getting smaller every year. So far he's been mostly hype and a lot of injury.

Everyone knew that Kovalchuk wasn't going to re-sign in Atlanta, especially after the terms of the rejected contract were made public. If he didn't accept the last contract that Atlanta offered, he was never going to re-sign. That, coupled with the fact that Wadell wouldn't allow potential suiters to talk future contract with Kovalchuk prior to trade, the return wasn't going to be spectacular. You're never going to replace Kovalchuk in a trade skill-wise, but Wadell got the best return he could possibly get. Would you give up a proven top-6 forward/top 4 defenseman, a draft pick, and another roster player for a player who's barely played one meaningful game in his career?
If his name was Ilya Kovlachuk and it was a Blues top 6 forward and Blues top 4 defenseman :wink: :lol:

(but srsly I'm glad the Blues didn't swing that trade cause a "contender" we are not and the odds of Kovalchuk re-signing here are astronomically lower than in say, NJ.)