logo discussion

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

logo discussion

Post by goon attack »

can you imagine how much better it would be if these moron teams had better logos?

The sharks should do something like this instead of that monstrosity they use now:

and the lightning? WTMF? GET rid of the wording and go simple:

The canucks should just give up and use this:

Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: logo discussion

Post by gaijin »

goon attack wrote: and the lightning? WTMF? GET rid of the wording and go simple:

Regarding the lightning, that's almost exactly what I've thought they should do for a while. Instead of red and yellow, have a solid blue jersey with a gray bolt (exactly like the Shazam bolt in that T-shirt), and a horizontal gray stripe (or stripes) on the sleeve. Simple. Effective.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Dallas:

2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Columbus Blue Jackets?
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

gajin, I'm with you. it would be an instant retro looking classic. I already like Tampa Bay's unis, a lot. I think they're my favorites in the whole league. If they came out with a really simple thing like that, and the trim was done well, I'd actually buy something from them.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

The Dallas phallus?

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Dallas:

I'd have a new favorite team! :okman:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

F Keenan wrote:Image
Ah Captain Penis from the San Fransisco minor league team.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

F Keenan wrote:Image
i heard about that guy, that is actually in Detroit.
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

You're both wrong.

It's Scrotie, the mascot of the hockey team (the Nads) at the Rhode Island School of Design.
While serious athletics are pretty much out of the question at RISD, students definitely have fun with what they’ve got. Imagine parents’ weekend, where half the campus is drunk and yelling obscenities at a team of completely bewildered ice-hockey players while a giant penis in a cape (Scrotie, the mascot) leads cheers from the sidelines. Often, the Jockstraps (cheerleading team) will rouse the RISD crowd into heckling some players so badly that fights ensue. Another rallying move is when Scrotie tries to ram the goalposts tip-first—some images really are worth 1,000 words. Once in a while, there will be a scandal during which Scrotie is kidnapped by an unnamed group. The ransom demands that all ice hockey players (the Nads) skate around the rink after the game in their underwear in order to retrieve their precious mascot. The following drawn-out drama will be involved and scandalous in order to fill the stands. The Nads sometimes score on themselves, but on the off chance that you do see them win, it’s not only a blast, but it’s totally priceless to see the look on the other teams’ faces. Nobody wants to get beaten by the Nads.

The Balls—the basketball team—is a slightly different experience. There is no obscene mascot or profane cheerleading team, and most games appear to be fairly average, but the advertising is uniquely RISD. While walking across campus, you may encounter several posters of RISD's beloved president nonchalantly cradling two basketballs to his chest and solemnly urging the RISD community to “Support Your Balls.” RISD sports gets an A for amusement.

http://sportsclimax.com/bizarre-moments ... e-mascots/
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

[quote="fargoblues"]You're both wrong.

huh....you're right, no on in detroit would have one that big
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

keithp40 wrote:
fargoblues wrote:You're both wrong.
huh....you're right, if it was from Detroit it would be permanently jammed up a giant anus, likely wearing a wings jersey.
FTFY