GDT: Ducks @ Blues, 23 Jan 2010, 7 PM CST

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT: Ducks @ Blues, 23 Jan 2010, 7 PM CST

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

goon attack wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition.
Why this isn't happening is beyond me.

regarding physical play, it's like with 10 minutes left they're just trying to run out the clock. I think things should be turned up a notch in that situation because any team worth its salt will be doing that trying to score.

It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't. Old line, yes, but it's appropriate here methinks.
I think you can see from this game what David Backes means to this team. The guy is NOT a panzy, and there is no way he would have let some of that stuff go. When he is out there hitting people, the entire team has a different edge about them.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT: Ducks @ Blues, 23 Jan 2010, 7 PM CST

Post by section319 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
goon attack wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition.
Why this isn't happening is beyond me.

regarding physical play, it's like with 10 minutes left they're just trying to run out the clock. I think things should be turned up a notch in that situation because any team worth its salt will be doing that trying to score.

It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't. Old line, yes, but it's appropriate here methinks.
I think you can see from this game what David Backes means to this team. The guy is NOT a panzy, and there is no way he would have let some of that stuff go. When he is out there hitting people, the entire team has a different edge about them.

Yeah, we only blow 3rd period leads when David Backes isn't playing.

DAVID BACKES AND TJ OSHIE ARE (Franking) GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111q!!
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.