GDT: Blues @ Sharkies, 6 Jan 2010, 9:30 PM CST

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: GDT: Blues @ Sharkies, 6 Jan 2010, 9:30 PM CST

Post by DaDitka »

stlbluz wrote: It did seem that they lost some steam later in the third & I felt that a time out might have helped the kids. With Payne's style of physical play he might want to consider that until they get used to the grind.
That's a great observation.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

drwoland wrote:
section319 wrote:I understand thAt Boyes isn't that consistent or the best two way player, but the man is leading the team in points. Even if he isnt that great he finds ways to rack up points, I can't compain, when someone else decides to lead the team in points then I'll complain about Boyes.
Uh he's racking up the points at the expense of playing defense. When we start winning games and stop letting up breakaways because Brad didn't feel like skating, I'll stop complaining about Boyes.
Where are the defenseman on all these breakaways he is giving up?

And I only said that because people are calling for his head all of a sudden because he doesn't grind it out on the boards and backcheck, but when has he ever done that? He is playing the same game he always has and is still leading the team in points. I'm just saying when someone else steps up, then I will be a little more critical of Boyes and Mcdonald is creeping up on him.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

Last nights game was a breath of fresh air. I loved how well we moved the puck. It seemed like the team was finally playing like...a TEAM. Berglund was phenomenal last night. He really stood out. Probably the thing I loved the most was the fact that Payne played the lines that were put together. Payne, also, didn't line match all night. There were plenty of times when Heatley was on the ice, and we countered with McDonald's line or the kid line. There were a ton of positives I saw last night. If they play like that every game, we will definitely start seeing more W's.

San Jose outshot us, but a lot of their shots were through open lanes or shots from the blue line on the rush. We did a good job at keeping the lanes open and keeping stuff to the outside.

There are definitely some things to work on, but I think we're finally heading in the right direction. Last nights game was more entertaining to watch than a lot of our wins have been this season.
I love hockey. Period.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

From what I seen seen last like I liked what I saw. The game was faster pace, the kids were playing awesome. Its just a shame we couldnt score more.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

philco_3 wrote:From what I seen seen last like I liked what I saw. The game was faster pace, the kids were playing awesome. Its just a shame we couldnt score more.
At least, we didn't let them score more.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.